The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 102
whoa

(i win!)
Reply 104
sonofdot
:ditto: I remember one night sometime in the week before I got the letter when I had at least 3 dreams, in which I got an offer, got pooled or got rejected...

That's just a bit weird.

I don't dream
Who else is being constantly assured by family and colleagues that they're "sure you'll get in"? That just makes me more nervous!
Reply 106
toasted-lion
Who else is being constantly assured by family and colleagues that they're "sure you'll get in"? That just makes me more nervous!

Yup, family wedding last weekend. Enough already!
Reply 107
toasted-lion

My mum's now on the 'oh, whatever will be will be' stage. Not sure my dad's the same, since he's been constantly telling everyone how I'm going to Cambridge....
Reply 108
6 days ! :|
Reply 109
toasted-lion

Yes. The most common phrase said to me is "you'll be fine", which doesn't make me feel like I'll be fine at all.
Reply 110
Do you ever find out your mark in the paper, or just the grade?
around
Not sure my dad's the same, since he's been constantly telling everyone how I'm going to Cambridge....

Likewise.
Reply 112
Yes. The most common phrase said to me is "you'll be fine", which doesn't make me feel like I'll be fine at all.

Haha I was just about to say... literally everybody I have talked about my offer with has said 'you'll be fine', some of them quite a few times...

Most likely I'll be being fine at Imperial tho.

Although there's a slim chance I won't get in there either (need As in every maths module) in which case I'll just become a hobo.
I haven't had any STEP dreams yet. I did get some dreams immediately before Jan 3rd though about whether I'd get an offer or not though.

You're so lucky... approaching the time of my exam when I was basically eating STEP papers pretty much every night I would sleep in maths... it was literally hours and hours of nightmarish hallucinations... :/

I was once unable to get up for hours because I thought I couldn't do so without putting 'get up' equal to something... strange times.
Reply 113
Xei
Although there's a slim chance I won't get in there either (need As in every maths module) in which case I'll just become a hobo.

Yes indeed. Every dream, maths-induced hallucination or other STEP-related disorder that involved me failing STEP, inevitably also involved me becoming a hobo. The correlation was quite striking, not to mention disconcerting.
Reply 114
It's nice to see no-one here is a total obsessive e_e

If I don't pass, I'll know it's because I don't care enough.
My Alt
It's nice to see no-one here is a total obsessive e_e

If I don't pass, I'll know it's because I don't care enough.

If we didn't have maths dreams does that mean we don't deserve to get in? :frown:
Reply 116
toasted-lion
If we didn't have maths dreams does that mean we don't deserve to get in? :frown:

If you didn't practice in your sleep how on earth did you expect to fit in enough practice to do well in the exams? Of course you don't deserve to get in!

:awesome:
Reply 117
toasted-lion

I'd like to think, in some alternate universe, there is a system by which students are admitted to university on the basis of their dreams... Imagine it, people reading as much maths as possible whilst eating cheese just before bed, in an attempt to induce nightmares, courses offering "110% guaranteed dream-making success!!! Only £3000!!!"... of course there'd be a massive "Dream Tips" forum on tsr as well...

Or is that just me... :cool:
lilman91
Do you ever find out your mark in the paper, or just the grade?

You're school should have your mark breakdowns sent seperately. Unless it's changed you just get the grade on the exam slip.
Reply 119
Natalie*
What is STEP? So many people on here talk about it.

The question you should ask is what isn't STEP!

It's a set of three Maths exams (of which you do one or two) for entry into Warwick and Cambridge's Maths courses (and some related courses). It stands for "Sixth Term Examination Paper". They make you scream when you first look at them, but after you've been inducted into them it's not quite so terrible; but they are still very difficult. That's why everyone in this thread is bricking themselves about results day which, might I say, is in five days!.

Latest

Trending

Trending