(i win!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanK22)
    link?
    http://www.admissionstests.cambridge...rg.uk/adt/step

Edit:even slower...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonofdot)
    :ditto: I remember one night sometime in the week before I got the letter when I had at least 3 dreams, in which I got an offer, got pooled or got rejected...
    That's just a bit weird.

I don't dream

ReputationRep:
    Who else is being constantly assured by family and colleagues that they're "sure you'll get in"? That just makes me more nervous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasted-lion)
    Who else is being constantly assured by family and colleagues that they're "sure you'll get in"? That just makes me more nervous!
    Yup, family wedding last weekend. Enough already!

ReputationRep:
    My mum's now on the 'oh, whatever will be will be' stage. Not sure my dad's the same, since he's been constantly telling everyone how I'm going to Cambridge....

ReputationRep:
    6 days ! :|
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yes. The most common phrase said to me is "you'll be fine", which doesn't make me feel like I'll be fine at all.

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever find out your mark in the paper, or just the grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by around)
    Not sure my dad's the same, since he's been constantly telling everyone how I'm going to Cambridge....
    Likewise.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The most common phrase said to me is "you'll be fine", which doesn't make me feel like I'll be fine at all.
    Haha I was just about to say... literally everybody I have talked about my offer with has said 'you'll be fine', some of them quite a few times...

Most likely I'll be being fine at Imperial tho.

Although there's a slim chance I won't get in there either (need As in every maths module) in which case I'll just become a hobo.
    I haven't had any STEP dreams yet. I did get some dreams immediately before Jan 3rd though about whether I'd get an offer or not though.
    You're so lucky... approaching the time of my exam when I was basically eating STEP papers pretty much every night I would sleep in maths... it was literally hours and hours of nightmarish hallucinations... :/

I was once unable to get up for hours because I thought I couldn't do so without putting 'get up' equal to something... strange times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xei)
    Although there's a slim chance I won't get in there either (need As in every maths module) in which case I'll just become a hobo.
    Yes indeed. Every dream, maths-induced hallucination or other STEP-related disorder that involved me failing STEP, inevitably also involved me becoming a hobo. The correlation was quite striking, not to mention disconcerting.

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see no-one here is a total obsessive e_e

If I don't pass, I'll know it's because I don't care enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My Alt)
    It's nice to see no-one here is a total obsessive e_e

If I don't pass, I'll know it's because I don't care enough.
    If we didn't have maths dreams does that mean we don't deserve to get in?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If you didn't practice in your sleep how on earth did you expect to fit in enough practice to do well in the exams? Of course you don't deserve to get in!

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think, in some alternate universe, there is a system by which students are admitted to university on the basis of their dreams... Imagine it, people reading as much maths as possible whilst eating cheese just before bed, in an attempt to induce nightmares, courses offering "110% guaranteed dream-making success!!! Only £3000!!!"... of course there'd be a massive "Dream Tips" forum on tsr as well...

Or is that just me... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilman91)
    Do you ever find out your mark in the paper, or just the grade?
    You're school should have your mark breakdowns sent seperately. Unless it's changed you just get the grade on the exam slip.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Natalie*)
    What is STEP? So many people on here talk about it.
    The question you should ask is what isn't STEP!

It's a set of three Maths exams (of which you do one or two) for entry into Warwick and Cambridge's Maths courses (and some related courses). It stands for "Sixth Term Examination Paper". They make you scream when you first look at them, but after you've been inducted into them it's not quite so terrible; but they are still very difficult. That's why everyone in this thread is bricking themselves about results day which, might I say, is in five days!.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.