Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I should be the Judge :judge:

Which ever makes me facepalm the most wins!

ReputationRep:
    I feel I have a good chance to win!

ReputationRep:
    WHOELSE has an S/S offer here??? I think I can get an S in II but it seems more unlikely for an S in III for me as time goes by....
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by Evan247)
    WHOELSE has an S/S offer here??? I think I can get an S in II but it seems more unlikely for an S in III for me as time goes by....
    Pics or it didn't happen!

EDIT: Ah, you're an international applicant... they're often harsh on you guys, but not that harsh S1 was the highest offer I'd heard of before now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Well (and if you've done STEP you probably know this), \mathbb{N} is the set of natural numbers \{1, 2, 3, ...\} (sometimes including 0). You're counting down the number of days, and the assumption is that you'll stop counting when the day comes to pass. The joke about it going from \mathbb{N} to \mathbb{Z} is that \mathbb{Z} is the set of integers \{..., -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, ...\}, so you'd say when there were -1 days to go, -2 days to go and so on (and never stop). The joke about it going from \mathbb{Z} to \mathbb{R} (real numbers) is that now, instead of being discrete, it's continuous with infinitesimal precision.
    Why do you have to be so mean ?
    I'm concerend about my results the way everyone else is
    Gemmi a break !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I think I should be the Judge :judge:

Which ever makes me facepalm the most wins!
    I hope I can step up to the mark on results day :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    What? Doing maths in the holidays is the only thing that keeps my mind off step results.

ReputationRep:
    Crossing my fingers for Thursday. Although, I've come to terms with not getting a 2, and am just going to have to think positively.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Under this new system, I can see my students' results on Wednesday at midnight beating you lot by a clear 24 hours. For some reason, this is making me suffer exam anxiety by proxy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Under this new system, I can see my students' results on Wednesday at midnight beating you lot by a clear 24 hours. For some reason, this is making me suffer exam anxiety by proxy!
    Do you know if you get to see the marks as well as the grades? or you have identical information to ours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Let us know if you find out marks or just grades

edit... too slow... again... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Do you mean like 32 hours from now?

ReputationRep:
    Funny how we all quoted that post at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    You know what they say about great minds...

ReputationRep:
    what? fools rarely differ...

ReputationRep:
    It's almost definitely the case that STEP only applies to the "with Maths" part, so you'll still get in without it. What's the wording of your offer? Mine listed the A-level requirements and then says "In order to be able to undertake the with Mathematics first year option, you will also need to achieve grade 1 in STEP I and grade 1 in STEP II", which makes it fairly clear.

Your slip? The paper slip? The paper slip that doesn't exist because it's all online and the schools don't get our results until Wednesday? Or another slip?

EDIT: Oh, the slip with your logon details, not results! My bad. Woop woop
    Hmm, see mine just says:

"A-Level Requirements
    AND
    Grades 1 and 1 in STEP II and III."

The letter doesn't have any mention of Computer Science and Mathematics, so whether or not it's just some mail-merge they sent out to all offer holders, I don't know. (The offer on UCAS Track is the same, but in fewer words too.)

ReputationRep:
    Think of it as being the time when the post was started

2s? 2s?! How dare you curse us in such a blatant manner?! I hope you mean Ss and 1s!
    Lol I saw some 2's in peoples offers so I hope they can atleast make them If it comes to the worst. Of course S's and 1's are the main priority
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by mikru)
    Hmm, see mine just says:

"A-Level Requirements
    AND
    Grades 1 and 1 in STEP II and III."
    Ouch... hard to tell, but I'd imagine that that means that you need STEP.

On a side note, I'd love to hear someone with a lisp try to pronounce your college-to-be's name

ReputationRep:
    Nuodai you might as well have taken STEP II / III. What do you reckon they would have said if you'd phoned up and said "I really wanna do STEP III, wanna revise your offer "

In a way I would have been slightly upset if I hadn't sat STEP III.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by My Alt)
    Nuodai you might as well have taken STEP II / III. What do you reckon they would have said if you'd phoned up and said "I really wanna do STEP III, wanna revise your offer "

In a way I would have been slightly upset if I hadn't sat STEP III.
    Well I did prepare for STEP III, did STEP III past papers, learnt STEP III techniques... I even did the 2009 paper when it was uploaded to the internet :p: I don't suppose it did me any harm to do so, but I'm glad my offer was based on I/II rather than II/III.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.