Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm coming to King's in September for undergraduate study... Can someone help me sort out the different dates when the term starts. I know there is International orientation week, etc. Can someone sort out the different events in the first few weeks so I, as well as others, know when to arrive (and which events we can skip).

Also, when I arrive, will I be staying at my accommodation place directly, or do I need to wait? When can we move in?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    2009-10
    28 September to 18 December 2009
    11 January to 1 April 2010
    26 April to 4 June 2010

Registration week 21 to 25 September 2009

Source: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/semester.html

Im also confused as to if registration is the same as freshers week and do we move into our accomodation on the 19th of sept or 12th of sept....

ReputationRep:
    registration week is freshers week, and i believe you move in on the 19th

ReputationRep:
    International Orientation is before freshers week - http://www.kcl.ac.uk/about/structure...induction.html

ReputationRep:
    last year it was a freshers fortnight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 106)
    last year it was a freshers fortnight
    Yeah that's why Im unsure as to when we move down ... hmmm. Any ideas if its a freshers fortnight this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ho-humming)
    Yeah that's why Im unsure as to when we move down ... hmmm. Any ideas if its a freshers fortnight this year?
    I assume it will be, every year has to improve on the previous one! :rolleyes:

Last year my dept had a week of into things and then their was the KCLSU freshers week, i guess it will be similar.

I had to book my accomm to start a week earlier tho, UoL halls dont include freshers week as standard :woo: So check your move in date, its worth paying for the extra week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob 106)
    I assume it will be, every year has to improve on the previous one! :rolleyes:

Last year my dept had a week of into things and then their was the KCLSU freshers week, i guess it will be similar.

I had to book my accomm to start a week earlier tho, UoL halls dont include freshers week as standard :woo: So check your move in date, its worth paying for the extra week!
    Haha I will also be doing Geography .... orienteering in Hampsted ... fun
    Thanks for the info though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ho-humming)
    Haha I will also be doing Geography .... orienteering in Hampsted ... fun
    Thanks for the info though
    Orienteering is so bad it's good!

Just go to the pub after the first hour.

ReputationRep:
    oh no! the dentistry term dates say registration day is the 23rd september as is the start of term...does that mean the dental students start work during freshers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.