Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Carl)
    24 month contract? **** that ****.
    I rarely upgrade my phone to be honest, I will also be in uni for the next two years and won't care much about updating every year.

For the last 3 years I have had a Nokia 6220 classic, I won't upgrade just for the sake of it, only if the life of the phone has started to deteriorate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJSKYLINE)
    what do you mean by that mate?! "Sense"?!

thanks!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Sense

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    http://www.mobiles.co.uk
    see I saw the galaxy S cheap there also,
    but there are alot of bad reviews about this company so im unsure. I dont have the time to be complaining if they dont give any redemptions back etc like others have had problems with.

Its a shame theyre so cheap compared to other stores.. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    but there are alot of bad reviews about this company so im unsure. I dont have the time to be complaining if they dont give any redemptions back etc like others have had problems with.

Yeah, if they don't give me my redemptions etc then I will just cancel my direct debit. Then I am sure they will play ball.

ReputationRep:
    I moved house yesterday and have no internet connection yet so my tethered Android is keeping me connected. Hope Vodafone don't mind

ReputationRep:

Redemptions are always a risk, some of them require you to send off a fair few forms all on specific dates, and if you mess up you end up with nothing.... so only get a cashback/redemption deal if you can afford the deal without the redemption.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else noticed in the mobile phones forums here- that most of the threads nowadays would highly include stuff/questions about HTC/android? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yup... I think HTC will overtake Apple eventually because they offer such a range of devices rather than just the one... for instance the HTC Wildfire has very similar specs to the iPhone 3G S (at a fraction of the price), whilst the Desire is pretty much in direct competition with the iPhone 4 (again, at a significantly cheaper price)... then between that you've got the Legend plus a range of Windows Mobile devices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Yup... I think HTC will overtake Apple eventually because they offer such a range of devices rather than just the one... for instance the HTC Wildfire has very similar specs to the iPhone 3G S (at a fraction of the price), whilst the Desire is pretty much in direct competition with the iPhone 4 (again, at a significantly cheaper price)... then between that you've got the Legend plus a range of Windows Mobile devices.
    But Apple have a lot of loyal iphone fans who will just keep upgrading to newer iphones. If anything Android as a software will soon overtake the Iphone OS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    But Apple have a lot of loyal iphone fans who will just keep upgrading to newer iphones. If anything Android as a software will soon overtake the Iphone OS.
    But I'm sure there's a number of loyal Android fans who will just keep on upgrading to the latest Android phone I know I will definitely upgrade to another Android phone once my contract ends in a years time!

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Technology fans are fickle, the moment another company comes along with a better device they'll jump ship. Apple won't hold the top spot forever.

I'm guessing most have seen this by now. http://androidcommunity.com/htc-desi...week-20100728/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I'm guessing most have seen this by now. http://androidcommunity.com/htc-desi...week-20100728/
    Sadly if you've got your phone from a network rather than SIM free you'll have to wait for your network to customise Froyo before it gets released to you.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. Technology fans are fickle, the moment another company comes along with a better device they'll jump ship. Apple won't hold the top spot forever.
    True, but they will for quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    But I'm sure there's a number of loyal Android fans who will just keep on upgrading to the latest Android phone I know I will definitely upgrade to another Android phone once my contract ends in a years time!
    Also true.

ReputationRep:
    True, but they will for quite a while.
    They'll have to work pretty hard to keep up the pace though - other than Video Calling (which is still a bit of a gimmick, to be honest) there's not much that Apple isn't offering at the moment that you can't get on Android phones.

ReputationRep:
    They'll have to work pretty hard to keep up the pace though - other than Video Calling (which is still a bit of a gimmick, to be honest) there's not much that Apple isn't offering at the moment that you can't get on Android phones.
    yh, the appstore is probably one of its greatest assets and its only a matter of time before the android market catches up. Imo the only ground breaking thing in the iphone 4 is the retina display.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's happening, you lucky (Orange) Hero owners...

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really pissed off now guys, I was using HandCent to send messages and stuff but it started pretending messages handed sent, even though it told me they had. It thought it would be fun to keep them in the undelivered folder and then when I turned my phone off and on again it resent them all. 20 messages this morning randomly resent and I couldn't do anything about it because I have too many messages in my inbox (Theres about 8000.. opps?) for it to react any quicker than 30 seconds (Y) yay..
    So I've deleted HandCent and hopefully that will fix the problem but just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
    Also, whats the app to delete messages in bulk? I don't want to delete every person I have messages from (I'm a girl, we like to keep some haha) but theres at least half that could go. Is there an app which will delete messages up till a certain date? I have some from March which I really should delete at some point.

Any news on the 3UK 2.1 update yet?>

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.