Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So angry.
    3 have finally realised 2.1 but unlucky me here can't get the update.. tried changing the dates and everything

ReputationRep:
    I have the HTC Desire running froyo, and have noticed something odd. i have a widget on my home screen which tells me the battery percentage left. if i plug my phone in over night to will charge up till the notification light turns green and the widget say 100% but when i look in the morning the light is still green but the widget says 93% full charged(that was this morning, i don't think it always drops to this level).
    is this a bug in froyo that once its full it doesn't run power from the mains but just uses the battery, or is there somthing wrong with me Desire?

ReputationRep:
    You know the gmail chat thingy that comes up on your gmail account on a PC, how do I get that on my wildfire? When someone else chats to me it pops up in notifications under 'chat' but can't find it anywhere on my own... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caseyhayes)
    You know the gmail chat thingy that comes up on your gmail account on a PC, how do I get that on my wildfire? When someone else chats to me it pops up in notifications under 'chat' but can't find it anywhere on my own...
    try looking for talk in the list of applications

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grh2g46)
    I have the HTC Desire running froyo, and have noticed something odd. i have a widget on my home screen which tells me the battery percentage left. if i plug my phone in over night to will charge up till the notification light turns green and the widget say 100% but when i look in the morning the light is still green but the widget says 93% full charged(that was this morning, i don't think it always drops to this level).
    is this a bug in froyo that once its full it doesn't run power from the mains but just uses the battery, or is there somthing wrong with me Desire?
    This happens to all HD2's with Android running. Although our phones are running android in a much more unorthodox way than yours, it may be related. If you turn it off, take the battery out for more than 30 secs, put the battery back in, plug it in until the led goes green then turn it on it should report 100%

ReputationRep:
    No froyo until mid-September for the desire

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/andr...eath-50000533/

I actually might get my phone unlocked/rooted or whatever, orange are being so gay about this update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    The whole update for OSs is a right faff.

Google should come up with a solution that allows peopel to downlaod the OS directly from them for their own phone like you do when you get a windows Cd that works on most PCs - or at the very least release one that works for each different device
    Gingerbread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDhalai)
    Gingerbread.
    by the sounds of it Gingerbread will not work on a huge chunk of phones currently out which doesn;t help matters!

we'll end up with a 2 tier system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    So angry.
    3 have finally realised 2.1 but unlucky me here can't get the update.. tried changing the dates and everything
    Dunno if you have done it yet, but reset the phone. I did and got the update

OH by the way, I've updated it and now my market not working. Um any help I've turned my phone on and off am thinking about doing a hard reset, but that's a last resort to be honnest =/

ReputationRep:
    Haven't owned an Android yet! but this time tomorrow I should have either iP4 or Galaxy S. don't really care which, cos they are both awesome, horay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flyer8)
    Haven't owned an Android yet! but this time tomorrow I should have either iP4 or Galaxy S. don't really care which, cos they are both awesome, horay!
    Galaxy S. Having used all fo the main phone operating systems, a lot, I can safely say Android owns them all by a mile

ReputationRep:
    Just got the HTC Legend and its great except the battery keeps draining very quickly. Can any one suggest any tips on how to lower my power usage?

ReputationRep:
    turn off automatic synching?

turn off the vibration when you press a button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Just got the HTC Legend and its great except the battery keeps draining very quickly. Can any one suggest any tips on how to lower my power usage?
    Turn the brightness down and turn on auto brightness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    If this is your first smartphone, well, it's kinda the norm tbh, I'm just glad when I can get my Hero to make it through a full day after using it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Dunno if you have done it yet, but reset the phone. I did and got the update

OH by the way, I've updated it and now my market not working. Um any help I've turned my phone on and off am thinking about doing a hard reset, but that's a last resort to be honnest =/
    Reset as in.. completely reset? Didn't want to do that But okay, I shall try.

EDIT- doesn't work
    EDIT- got it! but then it didn't move from 0% so I cancelled it and now it isn't appearing anymore

ReputationRep:

EDIT- doesn't work
    EDIT- got it! but then it didn't move from 0% so I cancelled it and now it isn't appearing anymore

Oh no sorry, I meant turn it on and off not hard resset.

ReputationRep:

EDIT- doesn't work
    Have you got the update before that.. the one you get online... ?
    Cuz if you havent updated it at all.. you wont be able to skip it and get the new 2.1.

The actual update 2.1 can take a while.. make sure your in a place where you wont lose 3g or wifi signal, whatever your using. It can appear to be freezing at times.. your phone will "turn on and off" .. reports of it taking 30 mins etc with some people. so be patient

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend any good live wallpapers?

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I am absolutely loving 2.1 seriously lots and lots.

only thing I can't work very well is voice search

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.