Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm also loving 2.1, I don't think I'm going to upgrade my phone's OS again, what with the end of my contract approaching now. I downloaded the newest version of ADW Launcher yesterday and my phone has virtually no slowdown now, it's AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Have you got the update before that.. the one you get online... ?
    Cuz if you havent updated it at all.. you wont be able to skip it and get the new 2.1.

The actual update 2.1 can take a while.. make sure your in a place where you wont lose 3g or wifi signal, whatever your using. It can appear to be freezing at times.. your phone will "turn on and off" .. reports of it taking 30 mins etc with some people. so be patient
    Thanks, finally got it all downloaded and stuff (: much better then 1.5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Thanks, finally got it all downloaded and stuff (: much better then 1.5!
    Yep it is, make sure you check out the new market and all the better apps and stuff ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballer4life)
    Can anyone recommend any good live wallpapers?
    There's a pretty cool Super Mario one on the market.

ReputationRep:
    When's Froyo coming to T-Mobile and my Desire

(Original post by BenjyUK)
    When's Froyo coming to T-Mobile and my Desire
    T-mobile says September but no idea when exactly.

ReputationRep:
    I've recently moved from iPhone 3GS to Desire, and I LOVE it but I'm not particularly lovin' the apps situation. Apple's App Store just seems easier and, well, nicer. Can anyone recommend me some good ones? I've got Advanced Task Killer and that's about, really. Gimme a top ten? +rep, for what it's worth, haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    I've recently moved from iPhone 3GS to Desire, and I LOVE it but I'm not particularly lovin' the apps situation. Apple's App Store just seems easier and, well, nicer. Can anyone recommend me some good ones? I've got Advanced Task Killer and that's about, really. Gimme a top ten? +rep, for what it's worth, haha!
    There's absolutely loads of apps to recommend, just when your watching some TV go throug the list and see what catches your eye really, but so far I've got

App Organiser -> erm organise your apps for your front page.
    Shop Shavvy / barcode scanner which is effectively like red laser, barcode scanner for the android.
    mp3 download -> Hear a song, like it and download it.
    Aloqa find slike th nearest restruant/atm etc for you
    discount calculator - um yehh you get it.
    Facebook
    last.fm scrobble music to your last fm player.
    msn talk for msn
    london city for tube map for london
    tv guide for tv guide
    voice search same as apple voice control thing.
    twitter - twitter.

that's pertty much it
    Games on the other hand I have traffic rush, which is like the one that ipod has there a crossroads and you have to make sure cars cross safely etc.
    spot the difference amazing time burner.
    alchemy which is like a sciency game but doesn't have much science involved for example you drag two elements together to make something else.

umm that's all I have so far, hope that helps. So yeh if your bored google around and see what people reccomend etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    Don't use a task manager!

Also, at this stage, pretty much anything you had for your iPhone can be found in the Android Market.

ReputationRep:
    myPlayer - Access to iPlayer (though the quality is a bit ****)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    myPlayer - Access to iPlayer (though the quality is a bit ****)
    hey do you mind me asking what would the best rom be for my Hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Cyanogenmod or anything based on Cyanogenmod.

ReputationRep:
    I found VillainROM 12 to be really good on the Hero.

ReputationRep:
    I've used Cronos Froyo for a while now and tbh, I rate it over anything else. Cyanogen haven't done a full Froyo release yet and I'm not to keen on the Team Villain devs tbh.

http://www.cronosproject.org/forum/v...php?f=20&t=253

I'll be upgrading to 1.1 when it's out.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i want something Froyo based and been looking at CM-6 but seeing as it is only in alpha stage on the hero I think I will go with Cronos thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, picking up my Samsung Galaxy S tomorrow! Quick question, do all the apps on the Android market work equally well on the Galaxy S/Desire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Hey guys, picking up my Samsung Galaxy S tomorrow! Quick question, do all the apps on the Android market work equally well on the Galaxy S/Desire?
    They have to. Its like asking do all the apps in the app store work well on the iphone

ReputationRep:
    They have to. Its like asking do all the apps in the app store work well on the iphone
    Yeah, well, the app store is exclusive to the iphone/touch, whereas the Android Market caters to all Android phones, and there are major power discrepancies between the android handsets available.

ReputationRep:
    theoreetically but almost every app has reports of people complaining it doesnt work on their phone.

although its hard to know if its just their specific phone for whatever reason or a problem with the model in general.

ReputationRep:
    I just got the Desire £25 a month (24) with 600 mins,Unlimited texts,1gb internet on vodafone.

Good deal?

My first smart phone.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.