Apparently I'm not the only one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.666)
    Twitter(/Peep) is down on my Desire, sim free, running Froyo 2.2

Running 2.1 here and its down for me too just switched to another app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    What's everyone's take on the Galaxy Tablet??

Link
    One of a million that are seemingly coming out in the next few months. I'd like to see the benchmarks compared to the new Viewsonic tablet coming out running a Tegra chipset...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    One of a million that are seemingly coming out in the next few months. I'd like to see the benchmarks compared to the new Viewsonic tablet coming out running a Tegra chipset...
    I think what is really putting me off is the 3g only version. I don't want another contract. And yeah Tegra 2 would be much better. I just hope these are out soonish since I'm in the market for an E-reader.

ReputationRep:

Link
    Its getting a lot of press and I'm excited. However I don't see me getting one any time soon.

I love android and with the tab having the same specs as my phone (captivate) I know it will be pretty fast.

ReputationRep:
    I think with tablets its a burning question of whether it fills a hole in the market for those techy types that have a laptop and mobile

i have never had a laptop but would have liked one a few times when i have been away in hotels with work - a tablet could solve that for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No.666)
    Twitter(/Peep) is down on my Desire, sim free, running Froyo 2.2

Everyone's peep is down because twitter turned off basic authorisation instead turning to oAuth and HTC haven't updated peep

Looks good and will wait for benchmarks but I like the size of the iPad screen and so I am looking forward to the 10.1 inch Archos 101
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The prices of the Galaxy Tablet (heavily rumoured ones) make the iPad seem like a great value product. We're looking at 650 pounds overall no Wifi version.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when the next Htc keyboard phone is coming out ?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Anybody know when the next Htc keyboard phone is coming out ?
    HTC G2 should be out later in the year.

ReputationRep:
    Just gotta say, I am absolutely the agenda choice in HTC calender choices. haha I think I've fallen in love with my phone all over again.

Also quick question, do any of you have voice search control thing installed? If so can you use it? I can't it doesn't seem to recgonise what I'm saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Just gotta say, I am absolutely the agenda choice in HTC calender choices. haha I think I've fallen in love with my phone all over again.

Also quick question, do any of you have voice search control thing installed? If so can you use it? I can't it doesn't seem to recgonise what I'm saying
    Annunciate. That's all you gotta do. Works fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Froyo is coming out for the HTC Legend on Vodaphone?

ReputationRep:
    Annunciate. That's all you gotta do. Works fine for me.

Is that an app or??

I'm slightly confused sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Is that an app or??

I'm slightly confused sorry.
    Lol - I meant enunciate. Basically, speak properly! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol - I meant enunciate. Basically, speak properly! :p:
    Will go out and check out Elocution Lesson then. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Will go out and check out Elocution Lesson then. :p:
    Haha. Good one. It's pretty good tbh. You need to have a data connection to use it though, which is a shame, but understandable.

On a somewhat related side note: I'm against the cloud. I like my services to be processed locally. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Good one. It's pretty good tbh. You need to have a data connection to use it though, which is a shame, but understandable.

On a somewhat related side note: I'm against the cloud. I like my services to be processed locally. :yep:
    Why anti cloud? My HD2 was screwing up earlier, so just turned on my iPhone and put the sim in, and all my stuff was synced to google so all my contacts were updated on my iPhone.
    Just had a thought though, how is android syncing with OS X?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've just got a Galaxy S, quick question, if I'm connected to my home network and go onto the net, it doesn't eat into my allowance does it? Also, how do I know I'm actually using my home network and not my 3G allowance?

Also, how long does it take for vodafone to activate everything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Hey guys, I've just got a Galaxy S, quick question, if I'm connected to my home network and go onto the net, it doesn't eat into my allowance does it? Also, how do I know I'm actually using my home network and not my 3G allowance?

Also, how long does it take for vodafone to activate everything?
    When you are on 3G/HSPDA the phone says "H" or "3G" at the top. This is when you are eating into your allowance when you surf the net.

When you switch to wif you get a wifi icon which replaces the H/3G. Google "wifi icon" to see what it looks like sort of.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.