(Original post by G8D)
    Angry Birds for Android :woo:

Also, peep is fixed.
    wow that was quick
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Hey guys, I've just got a Galaxy S, quick question, if I'm connected to my home network and go onto the net, it doesn't eat into my allowance does it? Also, how do I know I'm actually using my home network and not my 3G allowance?

Also, how long does it take for vodafone to activate everything?
    So you couldn't wait for the Desire HD. How are you finding the Galaxy S?

ReputationRep:
    The DesireHD will be nothing special, just a slight variant to the existing desire, rather than an upgrade. Thats why i didnt wait either. The galaxy s is still significantly better.

the next step up from the galaxy will have to 1.2mhz processors, and phones with better cameras, and tegra graphics etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm cancelling my contract on Vodafone because the contract no longer has truly unlimited data. When is the next big HTC/Android release? Gonna go onto a 30 day contract until a big new handset comes out.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by markuk99)
    The DesireHD will be nothing special, just a slight variant to the existing desire, rather than an upgrade. Thats why i didnt wait either. The galaxy s is still significantly better.

the next step up from the galaxy will have to 1.2mhz processors, and phones with better cameras, and tegra graphics etc.
    Yeah it's basically a desire with a 4'3 inch screen which is perfect.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Carl)
    I'm cancelling my contract on Vodafone because the contract no longer has truly unlimited data. When is the next big HTC/Android release? Gonna go onto a 30 day contract until a big new handset comes out.
    Next new one is HTC Desire HD probably around october/november. next New & Big will probably come start of next year when we start seeing the dual cpu snap dragons.

ReputationRep:
    I can't handle my phone anymore. :sigh:

I think I may have to phone Vodafone and try and sort out a Desire deal again. :unsure:

Would it be alright if I used the Desire for the next 2/3 years?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by FinalFlash)
    I can't handle my phone anymore. :sigh:

I think I may have to phone Vodafone and try and sort out a Desire deal again. :unsure:

What phone is it? Personally I'd like a new phone every 18 months so won't be doing any 24 month deal then again every phone I've had hasn't been high end so that might be why :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinalFlash)

Yes

I think phones will go through a period of serious getting more powerful over the next year - namely a bigger/good screen and fast processor.

Windows Phone 7 is out soon and I have heard Microsoft will be pushing decent spec phones out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Yeah it's basically a desire with a 4'3 inch screen which is perfect.
    perfect if you want a bigger screen, but for many, they dont. Its not a step up, just a variant. Its not even HD lol.

its basically the HTC HD2 that came out a year ago, same spec and hardware, except running android.

i found the htc hd2 way to big for me personally, as do many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    So you couldn't wait for the Desire HD. How are you finding the Galaxy S?
    It's not that I couldn't wait, I just really need a phone in time for Uni.

It seems pretty good so far. Vodafone are completely cocking it up on their end though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone on a Desire bought from T-Mobile got Froyo come through yet?

(Original post by Zeroslav)
    Anyone on a Desire bought from T-Mobile got Froyo come through yet?
    Nope, I'm still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Nope, I'm still waiting.
    Not good really, I'm becoming quite impatient! My phone's annoying me because it's a mess at the moment, but I was waiting for Froyo before I sorted it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    How much isit costing you to cancel your contract?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone updated there Hero? Do you lose all of your apps, phone numbers and texts?

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    How much isit costing you to cancel your contract?
    Nothing. Voda are changing the terms of my contract so I'm free to leave.

(Original post by Kevin J)
    Has anyone updated there Hero? Do you lose all of your apps, phone numbers and texts?

http://www.htc.com/us/support/hero-sprint/downloads/
    That's the US Hero :fyi:

Don't run that on your Hero :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    That's the US Hero :fyi:

Don't run that on your Hero :p:
    :facepalm:

Is there something similar on the UK Hero site?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.