Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Thats strange- on mine if I type Ill- on suggestions list ''I'll'' is highlighted (green)
    yeah but I type it in as ill without the capital I which it probably picks up on yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    yeah but I type it in as ill without the capital I which it probably picks up on yours

lol. sorry- yes I also meant when I type ill without the cap I; shouldnt have posted that last one from my android :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone one MoDaCo or even the official update, I've got a couple of questions...

Do you occasionally get a "No SD card or maybe busy" message which only comes up rarely, and seems to have no effect on the phone at all..?

Do you have a weird bug on some websites in landscape mode if you use the virtual keyboard (it bounces a bit...)?

Have apps designed to turn off/on mobile internet become sluggish of fail to work at all? I've found Toggle Data works, but it's nowhere near as quick as APNDroid used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divinelord)
    Android truly is a fantastic OS. Its actively developed and already is coming close to (currently, not close to) the iPhone OS. iPhone OS has been under development for about 3 years compared to androids 1.

It really is an interesting time to upgrade, isnt it? I adore the HTC hero but am still going to go for the iPhone. This is solely for the reason, as soon as I buy one i know some other fantastic android sense phone is going to come out and i am going to feel let down.

But give android another year and it might trump the iPhone

A contender considered by many as being the best Anrdoid OS based phone on the market is about to be released in a few weeks by Motorola, The DEXT. The Android OS has been completely modified by Motorola for this new phone, making it the most customised version of the popular OS currently on the market. Check it out below, I know I'll personally be picking one up for sure as I'm due to upgrade at the end of October and I'm currently on Orange. The only draw back is that it's an Orange only mobile currently, T-Mobile in the US (where it also goes by a different name, The Cliq.)

Orange is offering the DEXT free to customers who take out a £34.26 per month, 24 month contract. The package includes 900 any network call minutes, unlimited texts, Orange Maps as well as inclusive anytime internet browsing so users can make the most from their mobile experience.
    Orange Introduction (With Video):

http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2009/09...ely-on-orange/

Motorola DEXT Official Site:
    http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/GB...GB-EN.services

Just check youtube for loads more videos and reviews about the phone and the exact potential of how good this phone really is.

ReputationRep:
    Waaah, I really don't know whether to get a Hero or a Galaxy. The Hero looks so much cooler, but I'd much rather stay on O2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ordering my Hero... NOW! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Hey, anyone one MoDaCo or even the official update, I've got a couple of questions...

Do you occasionally get a "No SD card or maybe busy" message which only comes up rarely, and seems to have no effect on the phone at all..?

Do you have a weird bug on some websites in landscape mode if you use the virtual keyboard (it bounces a bit...)?

Have apps designed to turn off/on mobile internet become sluggish of fail to work at all? I've found Toggle Data works, but it's nowhere near as quick as APNDroid used to be.
    I'm on the official update and it seems to have slowed down in the past day or two, no idea if this is through all the applications i've downloaded though :P

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone link me to a cheap 8gb (or 16gb) memory card for the G2/Hero?

ReputationRep:
    Amazon it mate, 8GB's are around a tenner, 16GB is like £25ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Can anyone link me to a cheap 8gb (or 16gb) memory card for the G2/Hero?
    You want to use App2SD or just cheap storage?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, just though i'd pop in and say my Hero is arriving tomorrow, moving from o2 after telling them where they could shove the iphone!

Just a quick question for tomorrow should I get the MoDaCo ROM or the Official Update? Whats the difference between the two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild182)
    Hi Guys, just though i'd pop in and say my Hero is arriving tomorrow, moving from o2 after telling them where they could shove the iphone!

Just a quick question for tomorrow should I get the MoDaCo ROM or the Official Update? Whats the difference between the two?
    This is all dependant on a few factors.

1) Do you want to run apps from an SD card to increase internal memory and performance? And are you willing to invest in the correct equipement?

2) Do you feel you would benifit from "Root" applictions? Such as screen capture and, alledged, bluetooth file transfer?

3) Do you want to feel cool and 1337 and stuff?

ReputationRep:

Unless you're

A) A geek

or

B) Planning on running some root software anyway

Then go with the official update.

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a 8gb MicroSD for it from Amazon, Bluetooth file transfer would be pretty cool and useful, what other root applications is there?

And I'm definietely not a geek :P

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a 8gb MicroSD for it from Amazon, Bluetooth file transfer would be pretty cool and useful, what other root applications is there?

And I'm definietely not a geek :P
    If it is not a Class 6 card then it will stuggle with Apps2SD..
    I have yet to get Bluetooth transfer working at all.

ReputationRep:
    It is a class 6 card. Modaco sounds worth it just to stock Apps on the SD card anyway. Can't wait to get the phone now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You want to use App2SD or just cheap storage?
    Erm, I have no idea what the first one is. I'll be using the G2 (Hero) as my primary music player so want to store songs. I have around 6GB of music on my iPod.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I have no idea what the first one is. I'll be using the G2 (Hero) as my primary music player so want to store songs. I have around 6GB of music on my iPod.
    A2SD allows you to store apps on an SD card instead of the phone memory, it can only really be efficiently done with a Class 6 (the best, £15 for 8GB) SD card.
    It only takes up about 500MB tho, so if you are willing to buy it you will still be able to have all of your music and take pictures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    A2SD allows you to store apps on an SD card instead of the phone memory, it can only really be efficiently done with a Class 6 (the best, £15 for 8GB) SD card.
    It only takes up about 500MB tho, so if you are willing to buy it you will still be able to have all of your music and take pictures
    Sounds good.

Can you linky me to it? I get confused with all the different types lol :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good.

Can you linky me to it? I get confused with all the different types lol :erm:
    I have this one.
    You will need to partition it. Hope you know how

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.