Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    And you wonder how an 800MHz processor can survive in a world where clock speeds are going to increase
    Not tooo worrried about that. The Desire HD uses the same as the Desire Z, just clocked at 1ghz. So hopefully XDA'll have it overclocked before long to 1ghz.

It's newer tech and has a newer GPU tecch, so it should be on parr or slightly below the Galaxy S. But you're right, it's not really anything special at all.

Sick of my iPhone though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Not tooo worrried about that. The Desire HD uses the same as the Desire Z, just clocked at 1ghz. So hopefully XDA'll have it overclocked before long to 1ghz.

It's newer tech and has a newer GPU tecch, so it should be on parr or slightly below the Galaxy S. But you're right, it's not really anything special at all.

Sick of my iPhone though
    Ah right, didn't realise the G2 was underclocked

:hi:

I upgraded my Hero to 2.2 with Launcherpro today, because Mikey recommended it :ahee: but there are some things that I miss:

- Quickoffice. I was hoping to use it in the future. :emo:
    - The black bar at the top. I don't like the white one. :p: I found this, but I don't know if it's applicable because the build number of my phone is FRF91.
    - The font looks different. :hmmm:
    - The re-orientation is quite sensitive now :erm: Can I change that?
    - I've noticed that when I'm on TSR (:sigh:) in Dolphin, there's a delay between when I type something and when it shows up in the text box. :hmmmm2:
    - Which reminds me, I miss the 2.1 keyboard :o:
    - Flash videos don't display in the browser any more like they did before. I'm not sure if it's because there is no "HTC Flash Player" any more :dontknow: I've gone from Dolphin to the stock Browser and now videos show up, but if I try to watch it using HTC Flash Player (which I don't think is on my phone any more...) it crashes and I have to force close
    - I liked the old camera app, I find the new one a little daunting. Is there a different one you'd recommend, or could I get the old one back?
    - The Facebook and People thing seems very different and I'm confused atm. This is probably a non-point, so ignore this. :p:

Oh, and could any of you recommend a nice notes app? And... a bookmarks widget. I liked the one I had before :p:

Oh yes, and something for finding available Wi-fi networks!

One more thing! Is it worth overclocking?

Thank you in advance! :tong:

Incidentally, I haven't tried the stock music program yet, but is it good? Could I use it to use my phone as my primary music player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)

I upgraded my Hero to 2.2 with Launcherpro today, because Mikey recommended it :ahee: but there are some things that I miss:

- Quickoffice. I was hoping to use it in the future. :emo:
    - The black bar at the top. I don't like the white one. :p: I found this, but I don't know if it's applicable because the build number of my phone is FRF91.
    - I've noticed that when I'm on TSR (:sigh:) in Dolphin, there's a delay between when I type something and when it shows up in the text box. :hmmmm2:
    - Flash videos don't display in the browser any more like they did before. I'm not sure if it's because there is no "HTC Flash Player" any more :dontknow:
    - I liked the old camera app, I find the new one a little daunting. Is there a different one you'd recommend, or could I get the old one back?
    - The Facebook and People thing seems very different and I'm confused atm. This is probably a non-point, so ignore this. :p:

Oh, and could any of you recommend a nice notes app? And... a bookmarks widget. I liked the one I had before :p:

Oh yes, and something for finding available Wi-fi networks!

You need to install Adobe Flash Player 10.1 from the market

Also, Overclocking maybe not, Underclocking yes :P

(Original post by SteveDhalai)

Right! Will do :p:

Why would you need to underclock?!

(Original post by SteveDhalai)

I can't find Flash Player 10.1 :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I could be wrong, but Flash 10.1 isn't on the market for the Hero on 2.2, or at least it wasn't when I was running it on my Hero.

As for why you'd want to underclock, to save battery when the screen is off I've mine running at 200-odd Mhz when the screen is off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bballer4life)
    it's mid september, where is froyo for orange desire?!
    One of my friends has had it OTA, it's uber fast.

Me, I want the keyboard on the Desire Z but the hardware specs of the HD. Choices choices!

(Original post by kharma45)
    I could be wrong, but Flash 10.1 isn't on the market for the Hero on 2.2, or at least it wasn't when I was running it on my Hero.

As for why you'd want to underclock, to save battery when the screen is off I've mine running at 200-odd Mhz when the screen is off.
    Wow, that sounds handy. Link please? :hubba:

What about this?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Think I'll just get the Desire HD. Yeah the 1GHZ is a 45nm so it should be less battery hungry. Can't wait to get me some launcher pro on this!

Now time to blackmail virgin into giving me early upgrade.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that sounds handy. Link please? :hubba:

What about this?
    Could well work, but with the Hero's mediocre GPU not sure how well it'd run.

ReputationRep:
    Time to get out of jail free on my HD2 vodafone contract due to T&C changes, and get a Desire HD on release

(Original post by kharma45)
    Could well work, but with the Hero's mediocre GPU not sure how well it'd run.
    My Hero's running 2.2 now... would it work?

ReputationRep:
    My Hero's running 2.2 now... would it work?
    Flash 10.1?

Flash 10.1?
    Yeah. I tried a Flash apk I found on Androidapk.net, but it wouldn't install.

Wait, does 2.2 already have Flash?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I tried a Flash apk I found on Androidapk.net, but it wouldn't install.

Wait, does 2.2 already have Flash?
    Yeah it does, you can download it from the market. I had the apk working on my 2.1 hero but it rendered at about a frame every 10 seconds

Yeah it does, you can download it from the market. I had the apk working on my 2.1 hero but it rendered at about a frame every 10 seconds
    Ah, I just checked the Market and it's not there :sigh:

Could you help with any of the other things I need help with? :flutter: (#2426)

ReputationRep:

There's a theme on the Cronos Forums which restores the black goodness.

They are, I think there are more fonts available on Cronos Forums too. The default one has been pretty popular though.

It'll sort itself out after a while.

I've always had that on any Hero ROM, official or not. It's not so good at doing text input in web pages.

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...ouch-3g-22181/

I think that's the one you want.

Camera ZOOM FX is pretty popular.

That's mainly a sense thing IRC.

Just search for notes in the market and get something with 4.5/5 stars. On the boookmark widget - buy Launcher Pro Plus - that has a carbon copy of most Sense widgets.

Yup. Over Clock Widget works a treat. Most Heros can run up to 690Mhz, others higher, it's very trial and error. The real benefit though is from underclocking it when the screen is off. Set it to 245Mhz when screen = off and your battery will last ages on standby.

ReputationRep:
    Could you help with any of the other things I need help with? :flutter: (#2426)
    *prod*

See above mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.