Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    *prod*

See above mate.
    :eek4: Thank you so much for this, Mikey! :ahee:

fffuuuuu the keyboard kept force closing. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl)
    Nothing. Voda are changing the terms of my contract so I'm free to leave.
    what terms of contract have vodafone changed? Do you mind PMing me the details so that I can do this too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :eek4: Thank you so much for this, Mikey! :ahee:
    No worries fella. This is the kind of stuff I've been doing to my phone since I got it, I'm basically just giving you instructions as to how to get your phone to be like mine at the mo!

No worries fella. This is the kind of stuff I've been doing to my phone since I got it, I'm basically just giving you instructions as to how to get your phone to be like mine at the mo!
    :p:

I couldn't get the HTC keyboard to work (it keeps crashing :/, would it be because it's for 2.1?)

And is this the theme you were referring to?: http://www.cronosproject.org/forum/v...php?f=32&t=324

Do you reckon I'd be able to keep the standard font? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    :p:

I couldn't get the HTC keyboard to work (it keeps crashing :/, would it be because it's for 2.1?)

And is this the theme you were referring to?: http://www.cronosproject.org/forum/v...php?f=32&t=324

Do you reckon I'd be able to keep the standard font? :beard:
    Not relevant to your quote but I just quoted this so you see this reply lol.

For Flash..

Are you running 2.2 Sense or Vanilla?

If Vanilla:
    You need to Download Adobe Flash 10.1 from the market, if you go into apps, top free, it should be the first on the list. If you can't find it try using Market Enabler?

If Sense:
    Flash should be already installed, check that your browser has plugins turned on or on demand.

(Original post by SteveDhalai)
    Not relevant to your quote but I just quoted this so you see this reply lol.

For Flash..

Are you running 2.2 Sense or Vanilla?

If Vanilla:
    You need to Download Adobe Flash 10.1 from the market, if you go into apps, top free, it should be the first on the list. If you can't find it try using Market Enabler?

If Sense:
    Flash should be already installed, check that your browser has plugins turned on or on demand.
    I'm using Cronos Froyo on my Hero... I think it's Vanilla.

I looked for Flash on the Market this afternoon, but I couldn't find it.

When I tried to open a YouTube video I got an option to open it with YouTube or HTC Flash Player, but when I picked HTC Flash Player, it crashed and had to force close.

So... I'm not really sure what's going on :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm using Cronos Froyo on my Hero... I think it's Vanilla.

I looked for Flash on the Market this afternoon, but I couldn't find it.

When I tried to open a YouTube video I got an option to open it with YouTube or HTC Flash Player, but when I picked HTC Flash Player, it crashed and had to force close.

So... I'm not really sure what's going on :sigh:
    Are you sure it's 2.2?

Are you sure it's 2.2?
    Yeah, 2.2 build number FRF91 :woo:

:headfire:
    Am I supposed to install Fix 0 as well? I just noticed it! Did it :proud:

Okay, well things are getting a little bit weird.

I had a look at my Applications in the Manage Applications thing in settings, and I found... HTC Flash Player, Quickoffice and a couple of Live Wallpapers. I can't do anything with any of them (force stop, uninstall are greyed out... there's no 'Launch' or anything. Move to SD doesn't work...)

I've tried the HTC IME mod keyboard, but it kept crashing too. So did Doom, when I tried to download the shareware game.

I'm totally stuck. :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    Okay, well things are getting a little bit weird.

I had a look at my Applications in the Manage Applications thing in settings, and I found... HTC Flash Player, Quickoffice and a couple of Live Wallpapers. I can't do anything with any of them (force stop, uninstall are greyed out... there's no 'Launch' or anything. Move to SD doesn't work...)

I've tried the HTC IME mod keyboard, but it kept crashing too. So did Doom, when I tried to download the shareware game.

I'm totally stuck. :banghead:
    Try wiping and reflashing, it sounds like a bad flash. (you did wipe at first right?)

Try wiping and reflashing, it sounds like a bad flash. (you did wipe at first right?)
    Yeah, I followed the newbie guide here.
    You think I'll need to reflash? But everything else works so well! And I'll need to reinstall everything! :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I followed the newbie guide here.
    You think I'll need to reflash? But everything else works so well! And I'll need to reinstall everything! :bawling:
    It's what it sounds like tbh. The rom you're on sounds like it's a Vanilla one but for some reason you still have the remains of sense. If you can get Cyanogenmod for the Hero I'd recommend you use that.

Aw, but I like Cronos :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Aw, but I like Cronos :emo:
    Cyanogenmod always has been and always will be the best Vanilla rom for Android phones. He's been around since way back on the G1. Released one of the first custom roms for the G1 and has always been by far the best.

With Cyanogenmod not only will it be fast, but you'll find a whole load of neat customisations like the ability to change what holding down the home button does (there are many replacement mutltasking switchers but normally you can't assign them to holding down the home button).

I'd be on it myself if it weren't for the fact that the Trackpad on the Desire causes problems on Vanilla roms and causes the battery life to suck,

!
    I don't understand what the nightly ROMs are... why do they have to change every night? And the Hero is only officially supported on CM6, which is still in Alpha, it seems.

ReputationRep:
    "always has been and always will be"

sounds like fanboi talk

ReputationRep:
    It has recently come to my attention (courtesy of Carl) that vodafone are changing T&C's, so I'm getting out of my contract. I think Carl asked this question, but didn't get much of a response so I'll ask again.

When's the next big release of HTC phones/ decent Android phones? I'm planning on getting a sim only deal for my Hero until a decent phone comes along. How long do you reckon I'll be waiting?

(Original post by biffyclyro27)
    It has recently come to my attention (courtesy of Carl) that vodafone are changing T&C's, so I'm getting out of my contract. I think Carl asked this question, but didn't get much of a response so I'll ask again.

When's the next big release of HTC phones/ decent Android phones? I'm planning on getting a sim only deal for my Hero until a decent phone comes along. How long do you reckon I'll be waiting?
    The Desire HD and Desire Z are coming in October.
    Beyond that? I'd say just before Summer.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.