The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Why banghead?

Because it's really expensive and it would mean I have 2 months left on my Virgin Mobile contract (only £36). And with the whole new Nexus S coming I'm thinking to wait.
Original post by G8D
Nexus S seems to just be SGS with Vanilla. You may as well wait for clarification when it's released and then buy an SGS, root it and install the Vanilla Gingerbread ROM...

That sounds tasty as owt.
Finally got Froyo for the Legend today. Its alot more smother and new things on I like Wi-Fi Hotspot and App Sharing. A question though, my weather won't anutomatically update for some reason. I've tried changing the settings, but I keeps switching off. Anyone got any ideas? its annoying me

Original post by G8D
Nexus S seems to just be SGS with Vanilla. You may as well wait for clarification when it's released and then buy an SGS, root it and install the Vanilla Gingerbread ROM...

I'd like not to root my phone for at least 6 months, and tbh I don't it's worth waiting longer just for an Amoled screen and all the Dual CPU stuff I don't care about. Can you do me a favour an check if the Financial times app is up on the market as I've only seen one internet source mention it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by mikeyd85
That sounds tasty as owt.

:yes:

Original post by yoyo462001
I'd like not to root my phone for at least 6 months, and tbh I don't it's worth waiting longer just for an Amoled screen and all the Dual CPU stuff I don't care about. Can you do me a favour an check if the Financial times app is up on the market as I've only seen one internet source mention it. Thanks :smile:

LOL I rooted the day I got my phone!

But I got Cronos the day after, I think.
Original post by + polarity -

LOL I rooted the day I got my phone!

But I got Cronos the day after, I think.

That's because your phone was crap from the beginning :teehee:

That's because your phone was crap from the beginning :teehee:

wasteman at least I've got Android :plz2:
No FT app here on my DHD.
But on the plus side, rooted, CM installed and custom ROM's.
Woop!
If you have an HTC download Launcher PRO from the market place. It's a custom UI and is absolutely awesome, i think the scrollable shortcut area is awesome and it is easy to switch between HTC Sense and Launcher PRO... Overall Launcher PRO is kickass...

Angry Birds is an awesome free game.

aJailBreak is a pretty good game.

Gameboid is an awesome gameboy advance emulator I use ROM Gripper along side Gameboid.

Realplayer is a good media player for Android although doesn't allow the creation of playlists

Barcode Scanner is good it allows you to scan a barcode and then search online for a cheaper price

Alchemy is another good game although can get pretty frustrating when you can't find any more combinations

Sketch Online is pretty good like an online pictionary

Zombie, Run! is pretty damn good. Really good if you are looking to get more exercise although can make you look like an idiot when you get excited about zombies chasing you in public
Does rooting/ custom romming it void the warranty?
Reply 2470
Posted this in my own topic, but might get faster replys here.

Well since I got my upgrade on my contract from the G1 to the Desire HD, I have no use for my G1, and ofcourse i'm selling it.

I know this phone is pretty useless to people who love Android, as it is only running 1.6 and cannot get a better version of Android unless rooted, which I can't be bothered to do, so its easier to sell, i've had a few offers, and places to sell too:

Tmobile recycle: £48.50
O2 recycle: £48.00
Mazuma: £43.00
Local mobile store: £25

The phone is fully working and has barely any scratches/dints.
Has anyone sold one of these recently and got a decent price?
Original post by rorydaredking

Original post by rorydaredking
No FT app here on my DHD.
But on the plus side, rooted, CM installed and custom ROM's.
Woop!

Thanks a lot. The FT app is pretty influential to my purchase of the Desire HD. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

PS can someone tell me what's so great about CM compared to Sense/Custom or any other ROM.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2472

But Amoled screen is :dice:

:p:

PS can someone tell me what's so great about CM compared to Sense/Custom or any other ROM.

What's so good about this FT app? :confused:

I think CM has bare support. Cronos is sik doe
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
But Amoled screen is :dice:

:p:

I got the chance to use a Desire (amoled) all weekend. I've gotten used to my laptop's crappy contrast ratio, I only noticed that it was crap this weekend, when I was back at home with my 24" monitor with a 20,000:1 ratiop. But a day later I'm used to the screen again. I imagine I'd just get used to the Desire HD's. :dontknow:

Because I like reading about what's going on in the business world, and I also kind of have an FT.com subscription so an app would greatly increase the value I get from that.
Reply 2476
I got the chance to use a Desire (amoled) all weekend. I've gotten used to my laptop's crappy contrast ratio, I only noticed that it was crap this weekend, when I was back at home with my 24" monitor with a 20,000:1 ratiop. But a day later I'm used to the screen again. I imagine I'd just get used to the Desire HD's. :dontknow:

Fair enough, it's only really when you compare the Desire HD to an AMOLED screen that you see the difference so I guess it would be fine. It's amazing the stuff that these phones can do though, obviously I only used Android before the Cupcake update and I switched to my E71 and now coming back to it it's just incredible. I've synced my uni calendar so I know when I've got lectures and so on and I only recently discovered the cool features on my camera like blink detection and smile photos. (not sure how long they've been around for but they're cool! :p:)

Because I like reading about what's going on in the business world, and I also kind of have an FT.com subscription so an app would greatly increase the value I get from that.

CM is just super optimised. Best build I have ever used, and cannot wait until CM for the DHD is out.
Finally Cyanogen for DHD. Phone as it should be now!

Latest

Trending

Trending