Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Hello again! :awesome:

As you may know, Cronos Froyo 1.3.0 is out. I want to get it, but I'm not sure what to do regarding apps and settings. Do I need Titanium Backup? What would that do? Would it help (a full wipe is recommended, so without a backup I'd need to reinstall everything all over again :cry2:)

Thanks in advance

This is why I am going to wait every few months before I rewipe my phone, unless there is an easier way without having to reinstall all my apps

ReputationRep:
    Hello again! :awesome:

As you may know, Cronos Froyo 1.3.0 is out. I want to get it, but I'm not sure what to do regarding apps and settings. Do I need Titanium Backup? What would that do? Would it help (a full wipe is recommended, so without a backup I'd need to reinstall everything all over again :cry2:)

Thanks in advance

Delete any backups you already have (the TitaniumBackup folder on the SD card), run Titanium backup (it may be an idea to avoid backing up system data to avoid conflicts later on), if you use LaucherPro then back up your layout from the menu.
    Then just wipe/flash/boot install TitaniumBackup from the Market and sit through clicking "install" for every single app you have.

If you pay for TitaniumBackup it will install all the apps without your input, but they cheap way is the long way.

(Original post by wizard710)
    This is why I am going to wait every few months before I rewipe my phone, unless there is an easier way without having to reinstall all my apps
    Have you tried Titanium Backup?

(Original post by G8D)
    Delete any backups you already have (the TitaniumBackup folder on the SD card), run Titanium backup (it may be an idea to avoid backing up system data to avoid conflicts later on), if you use LaucherPro then back up your layout from the menu.
    Then just wipe/flash/boot install TitaniumBackup from the Market and sit through clicking "install" for every single app you have.

If you pay for TitaniumBackup it will install all the apps without your input, but they cheap way is the long way.
    Wow, really?! You make me want to do it now! Actually, I don't have much else to do today...

ReputationRep:
    Wow, really?! You make me want to do it now! Actually, I don't have much else to do today...
    If you are using LauncherPro then be aware that Widgets do no carry over.
    They will be in their places but won't load or something. You will need to manually reposition them, apps however will remain in their places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Apparently my Hero running on 2.2 gets a better Quadrant score than the Moto Droid on 2.1..

Wtf.
    JIT compilation. The first few runs it identifies the code that makes a bottleneck in the performance and caches the compiled version. Some stuff can be upto 4x quicker with it.

(Original post by G8D)
    If you are using LauncherPro then be aware that Widgets do no carry over.
    They will be in their places but won't load or something. You will need to manually reposition them, apps however will remain in their places.
    Yeah that's fine, I'll try it later. Thanks Jimmy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Monkey)
    JIT compilation. The first few runs it identifies the code that makes a bottleneck in the performance and caches the compiled version. Some stuff can be upto 4x quicker with it.
    Ya I know.
    But I still didn't expect it to jump so high, especially when my Hero failed epically at the graphics tests :P

ReputationRep:
    My friends stream kept coming up with a error so I ended up having to reset my phone. I set up everything again. Now I i've lost HTC Sense and got some other interface. Anyone know how to get Sense back? i've got a HTC Legend BTW
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It looks like the Desire HD's new CPU & GPU are holding up. Good quadrant scores here.

Anyone know if it's possible to get an Mkv player on Android market.

(Original post by yoyo462001)
    It looks like the Desire HD's new CPU & GPU are holding up. Good quadrant scores here.

Anyone know if it's possible to get an Mkv player on Android market.
    I think RockPlayer plays mkv files? If you have a look through Jimmy's posts in this thread you might be able to find it. :creep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think RockPlayer plays mkv files? If you have a look through Jimmy's posts in this thread you might be able to find it. :creep:
    The Desire HD has been pushed back to like end of october. I must wait longer :sigh: How's the android experience going?

The Desire HD has been pushed back to like end of october. I must wait longer :sigh: How's the android experience going?
    Yo, everything's so good! I think the initial fervour has died down, now that I've got things just the way I want them, more or less.

I'm trying Grooveshark atm, but it's really buggy and the audio quality's not great. I just want 'free' music :emo:

lol, my phone got 393 on Quadrant.

Would it get a better score if I killed some apps?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yo, everything's so good! I think the initial fervour has died down, now that I've got things just the way I want them, more or less.

I'm trying Grooveshark atm, but it's really buggy and the audio quality's not great. I just want 'free' music :emo:
    Is there like a way to get free apps i.e. being a :pirate: ? Grooveshark??

Is there like a way to get free apps i.e. being a :pirate: ? Grooveshark??
    Yeah you can get APKs, see Jimmy's posts!

A couple of pages back, I think.

Grooveshark :bigsmile: It's like Spotify Mobile. But cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    Just purchased the HTC Wildfire on contract so I guess I need to learn a lot about Android phones My friend has a HTC Desire so he can teach me the basics

ReputationRep:
    HTC Desire HD is still out on Vodafone on October 14th. It's only the SIM free handset that has been pushed back.

ReputationRep:

Try Tunee Music app, free music downloads!

(Original post by Carl)
    Try Tunee Music app, free music downloads!
    :nutcase: Thank you! :shakehand:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.