Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but it is on the market now anyway

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to stimulate the market into downloading my downloaded apps when I change builds. Sometimes it does it and sometimes not. Its very odd and annoying....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone running it on the Hero? Mine doesn't diaplay all the graphics properly, as I had with the Beta. Don't know if it's my ROM (Cronos Froyo) or if it's an issue with the Hero's graphics support. I've basically got white space where there should be level textures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    stupid app indeed :dry: I am stuck. It's annoying and frustrating. RARRGH
    Angry Birds is immense. Took me a while and a lot of frustration but i eventually got 3 stars on each level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Anyone running it on the Hero? Mine doesn't diaplay all the graphics properly, as I had with the Beta. Don't know if it's my ROM (Cronos Froyo) or if it's an issue with the Hero's graphics support. I've basically got white space where there should be level textures.
    The Beta worked very well on my hero, and since the full version has been released I can't seem to install the program at all

ReputationRep:
    The beta had the same "white space" issues as the full version for me.

I assume it's just missing all of the images for our resolution (considering that the menus were massive in the beta on our res.

ReputationRep:
    You need to disable AdFree to get AudioGalaxy working.

Works well, yo.

ReputationRep:
    Checked the upgrade tariffs for the Desire HD, they're ******* terrible! £45 a month for 1gb data and 900 minutes, and a free handset. Not even a discount for renewing. Gonna phone up and threaten to cancel, see if I can get it for £35.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll probably drop £450 after my contract dies and get a new phone and then just SIM only contract.

Seems easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I think I'll probably drop £450 after my contract dies and get a new phone and then just SIM only contract.

Seems easier.
    I'm thinking that as well.

On another note, what do people think of the Wildfire. My dad rang up and asked for my opinions on it and reading around I would say that it looks cheap and the Engadget review was mixed, but they did say that the keyboard was quite laggy which really isn't good as that is what my dad wants a new phone for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)

On another note, what do people think of the Wildfire. My dad rang up and asked for my opinions on it and reading around I would say that it looks cheap and the Engadget review was mixed, but they did say that the keyboard was quite laggy which really isn't good as that is what my dad wants a new phone for
    The screen is poor (when compared directly or when used to a denser screen.
    The phone is quite laggy (more so than the typical Hero).
    It is however a good phone, it's pretty sexy and it does a whole lot of stuff, keyboard seems OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    The screen is poor (when compared directly or when used to a denser screen.
    The phone is quite laggy (more so than the typical Hero).
    It is however a good phone, it's pretty sexy and it does a whole lot of stuff, keyboard seems OK.
    Yeah been looking around and thinking of recommending a Legend instead

ReputationRep:
    Yeah been looking around and thinking of recommending a Legend instead
    :top:

As long as it gets 2.2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :top:

As long as it gets 2.2!
    It will do and tbh I don't think my dad will be too fussed whether it does

ReputationRep:
    It will do and tbh I don't think my dad will be too fussed whether it does
    This is probably true.
    I'm just surprised it's not got any indication of 2.2 yet.

ReputationRep:

As a smartphone, it's feature-packed, there's almost nothing it can't do that a more expensive Android phone can (Flash video is a definite no though, don't even bother).

However, the screen size is a slight issue as not all apps will work with such a small resolution and you have less real estate to get things done. Also, there is some lag when launching and quitting applications that you wouldn't necessarily experience with other phones, plus widgets take a few seconds to update when you move between home screen pages.

Nonetheless, when using applications and browsing the web it is still a dream to use, there is very little lag and the Sense/Android interface translates well to a smaller form. I've never noticed much keyboard lag at all, really.

In terms of build quality I would say that it is excellent considering the price, it doesn't feel cheap or plasticky and the buttons are well designed and calibrated.

Overall, as a cheap smartphone it does an excellent job despite its failings. It doesn't give a fully blown experience that people with more expensive phones might expect, but compared to most featurephones or dumbphones it's miles ahead, and excellent value.

ReputationRep:
    Why not consider the San Francisco? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    What MP3 players are you lot using? The stock one? (if you have sense does it use the same stock one that Google provide)

Also do any of your phones allow you to see things when the phone is on standby WITHOUT having to press the power button for the screen to come on? i.e have the screen sort of on all the time but not actually fully on. Would it be a battery killer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    What MP3 players are you lot using? The stock one? (if you have sense does it use the same stock one that Google provide)

Also do any of your phones allow you to see things when the phone is on standby WITHOUT having to press the power button for the screen to come on? i.e have the screen sort of on all the time but not actually fully on. Would it be a battery killer?
    I use MixZing as the stock one sucks the life out of my Hero (Sense has it's own music app).

I think I know what you mean, but I doubt these screens are designed that way so it may be a battery drain. I'm no programmer or hardware expert so don't quote me

ReputationRep:
    How does Android handle notifications like texts and stuff? I'm sick of my iPhone simply because everything is so obtrusive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.