Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Our uni uses Outlook Web (Exchange, essentially), any way to forward these? I can't see any simple way at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Our uni uses Outlook Web (Exchange, essentially), any way to forward these? I can't see any simple way at least.
    Our uni uses a similar version of "Gimped" Exchange it is possible to get them through to android as i had it set up before i graduated.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it would be a safe place to ask: Is there any way of getting VOIP calls to work on Android? Skype won't work on my Samsung Galaxy Apollo so am looking at other ways of getting free calls from abroad to the UK. Suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Thought it would be a safe place to ask: Is there any way of getting VOIP calls to work on Android? Skype won't work on my Samsung Galaxy Apollo so am looking at other ways of getting free calls from abroad to the UK. Suggestions?
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/3cxphone...com.tcx.sip.ui

That should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, will check it out once Orange explain to me why they have barred my calls :facepalm2:

I may not have paid my bill on time :shh:

ReputationRep:
    Sipdroid is meant to be good :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Lol my sister just got a desire hd for free with 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet for £20 per month! Haggling is the way forward...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Sipdroid is meant to be good :iiam:
    Cheers :top:

(Original post by Martinman300)
    Lol my sister just got a desire hd for free with 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet for £20 per month! Haggling is the way forward...
    Your sister could give me some tips tbh :perv: Great deal :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martinman300)
    That is quite a spectacular contract. (I guess the way you say it means the phone is free?)

(Original post by rorydaredking)
    If there are instructions for setting up outlook on windows or mail.app on osx, you can extrappolate them to the email app on android. What uni do you go to, and ill have a look
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    What uni do you go to? They should have info on how to check your email from a computer or another device, which can be modified to work on an Android phone.

Alternatively, try letting your phone retreive the settings using guesswork. Go to Mail, press menu button, then select More > New account > Other, then go through the step-by-step thingy. If that doesn't work then you'll need to get hold of actual settings then click Manual setup instead of doing it step by step.
    Exeter. I only found this. http://as.exeter.ac.uk/it/email/shar...-mailaccounts/

Honestly it's not that big a deal and you don't need to go through all this trouble.

RSJ, I tried that but it said something about the servers not responding.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to debrand my Galaxy S and I came across this website Click where they say
    Be careful and download only a suitable firmware. For example if your current firmware is i9000XXJF2 stick to i9000XXxxx firmware. XX European DX = Asian markets.
    However because the firmware is T-mobile's own software (it's I9000BOJF1 and the BO is used by T-mobile) I don't want to stick to it's own firmware so I'm a bit stuck tbh. Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else being held up by this disgraceful hold up by SE over there 2.1 android update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Anyone else being held up by this disgraceful hold up by SE over there 2.1 android update?
    2.1 :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    its a touchy subject with me atm!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Didn't they say they were skipping 2.1 and aiming for 2.2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I wish! They released 2.1 to nordic countries on sunday evening. Just a waiting game now for when the uk recieves it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    If they said that, they lied.
    http://phandroid.com/2010/10/29/sony...egions-sunday/

Thanks mate, will check it out once Orange explain to me why they have barred my calls :facepalm2:

I may not have paid my bill on time :shh:
    What does it mean if your balance is a negative number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    What does it mean if your balance is a negative number?
    You've paid too much and it'll be taken off your next bill?

You've paid too much and it'll be taken off your next bill?
    I haven't had to pay anything yet :shades:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.