Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Sorry I meant 2.1 SGS, not just SGS generally.

If the devs can work around the kernal issues that will no doubt occur between the Hero's 2.1 kernal and 2.3 ROMs then it will most likely happen , it doesn't seem to be a huge update anyway from what has been leaked.
    Yeah in general it did seem like a problem on 2.1, it's weird to think software can affect hardware so much though.

2.3 doesn't seem to have that much in like you say, I can't really think of any other features I want tbh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Nexus Live Wallpaper :sogood:
    Have you got a link for that? I would like to try it on my lowly hero.

(Original post by G8D)
    Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja aaaaaaaaaaaand idk tbh.
    Whatever Android is capable of.. my Hero isn't.
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    That's the problem, I've got so many games on my iPod touch that it seems kinda pointless getting them on the Android market.
    When did you get the Hero? It seems a bit on the weak side in terms of it's processor
    Yeah its a shame. I told my parents today that I was thinking of getting a Desire HD and they seem quite surprised that I need a new phone so quickly as I got mine september last year

aw :emo:

my Email reply isn't working atm

and the Cronos forums seem to require you to register now? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Have you got a link for that? I would like to try it on my lowly hero.

Yeah its a shame. I told my parents today that I was thinking of getting a Desire HD and they seem quite surprised that I need a new phone so quickly as I got mine september last year
    Can't find it on any site :erm:
    But it's called Nexus Revamped Live Wallpaper on the Market.

I am using the free version, it actually runs alright

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone updated their Samsung Galaxy S to Android 2.2 yet? Apparently its now available in the UK through Samsungs Kies software, but it still says the firmware on my phone is up to date?

ReputationRep:
    My friend recently brought the new htc hd and I had a look at it today; it's so nice! :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I have purchased a htc wildfire, and after 2 weeks delay, it was delivered today, but missed, so i will be picking it up tonight from the mail place.
    Could someone tell me if the htc wildfire can run android 2.2, or whether it is planned to come to the wildfire in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george777)
    I have purchased a htc wildfire, and after 2 weeks delay, it was delivered today, but missed, so i will be picking it up tonight from the mail place.
    Could someone tell me if the htc wildfire can run android 2.2, or whether it is planned to come to the wildfire in the future?
    2.2 has been leaked but I have no clue if it's been released or not.

AFAIK my friend on T-Mob for prompted to upgrade but declined. Dunno if it was 2.2 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaaaa)
    My friend recently brought the new htc hd and I had a look at it today; it's so nice! :daydreaming:
    HD7 or Desire HD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    HD7 or Desire HD?
    You'd assume latter, considering thread title.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll bother upgrading my Hero. It does everything I need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You'd assume latter, considering thread title.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll bother upgrading my Hero. It does everything I need.
    Well it is samammmaaaannthhaaaa so you never know

My Hero runs aight, Now that I've got it auto deleting at 300 texts in a thread it's only failing it games :dontknow:

I will upgrade it and move into a SIM only deal, but when I upgrade? WHO KNOWS?!!?!???!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Well it is samammmaaaannthhaaaa so you never know

My Hero runs aight, Now that I've got it auto deleting at 300 texts in a thread it's only failing it games :dontknow:

I will upgrade it and move into a SIM only deal, but when I upgrade? WHO KNOWS?!!?!???!?!?
    Haha, true.

Yeah, it is just games that I can't do and tbh, even stuff like Angry Birds doesn't keep me entertained for long. Do I need to spend more $$$ just to do the same thing again? Not really.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, true.

Yeah, it is just games that I can't do and tbh, even stuff like Angry Birds doesn't keep me entertained for long. Do I need to spend more $$$ just to do the same thing again? Not really.
    Well not for another 6 to 12 months you don't, beyond that.. maybe :p:

Angry Birds is OK.. Solitaire is where it's at though

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a HTC HD2 with an Android opperating system. Hopefully it'll be good as any other android enabled phone then.

ReputationRep:
    ok questions about the email widget - on my desktop it always displays the most recent message, rather than just the inbox. Is there a way to change this?
    Also, how do you mark all mail as read? I have it set up as POP so everything in the inbox has come though as unread, can you mass mark as read?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, true.

I suppose if you don't play lots of games then fair enough I need something to keep me entertained during dull lectures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I suppose if you don't play lots of games then fair enough I need something to keep me entertained during dull lectures
    Ah, you have life easy! :p:

Saying that, I've got TSR when I'm at work and can't be arsed... :hmm:

But yeah, I don't really game on my phone. A PSP phone running Android might interest me, but that'd depend on many critera - namely compatibility with other non PSP games and access to the android market.

ReputationRep:
    Widget issues

ReputationRep:
    Opera 10.1 beta has landed guys ( or shall i say landed yesterday/)

ReputationRep:
    If you want touchscreen games, get an iPod Touch. I don't think that's something that Android will be able to compete with for a while; it just doesn't have the same pool of developers that iOS has.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.