Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    I didn't know about that - may use that. But in all honesty, I have no reason to root, possibly tethering would be helpful everynow and again but having things like amazon mp3 and 5 home screens and 5 apps wide menu is just too much for me. I don't need it so why have it is my thoughts.
    I use root simply for a decent file browser tbh. I don't need root, it just comes with MoDaCo's v2 update for the Hero.

I have 7 home screens on the Hero, and I must admit, it's mostly full of crap.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I love it :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Ok, I love it :borat:
    :yep:

Never doubted that with time, you would.

The big question is; would you swap it for an iPhone if you were offered?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any leaks or anything about upcoming android phones (pref HTC )? I'm not willing to get the hero as my Touch HD is still serving me well until something miles better is out :cool:

Really looking forward to the next line of Android phones though, my poor Windows Mobile will be dumped pretty quick I think

ReputationRep:
    HTC Touch 2 looks amazing (in my opinion) as the shape of its body is so sleek and sexy just like Kelly Brook but in the form of a mobile phone.. :awesome:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch2/overview.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Anyone know any leaks or anything about upcoming android phones (pref HTC )? I'm not willing to get the hero as my Touch HD is still serving me well until something miles better is out :cool:

Really looking forward to the next line of Android phones though, my poor Windows Mobile will be dumped pretty quick I think
    Nothing that we don't already know I'm afraid.

My next Android phone (on Hero now - so a good while away) will be running (hopefully) 2nd gen Tegra... :drool:

For the time being, the most sexy looking Android phone is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X3.

Edit: IceMan - That's running WinMob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

My next Android phone (on Hero now - so a good while away) will be running (hopefully) 2nd gen Tegra... :drool:

For the time being, the most sexy looking Android phone is the Sony Ericsson Xperia X3.

Ye guessed that much :cry:

The future is bright though (not orange) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Ye guessed that much :cry:

The future is bright though (not orange) :woo:
    :yup:

Finally we have a decent, unified OS to run on mobile phones. Pair that with a unified charging system (USB) and the consumer really starts to win. No more proprietary connections FTW!

All we need now if for 3.5mm jack to become the only audio connection allowed on phones. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :yup:

Finally we have a decent, unified OS to run on mobile phones. Pair that with a unified charging system (USB) and the consumer really starts to win. No more proprietary connections FTW!

All we need now if for 3.5mm jack to become the only audio connection allowed on phones. :yep:
    Does the hero not have a 3.5mm jack? HTC seem to be going down that way now. Ever since the Touch HD anyways :awesome:

:yeah:

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Does the hero not have a 3.5mm jack? HTC seem to be going down that way now. Ever since the Touch HD anyways :awesome:

:yeah:

:party:
    Yup!

I now have some decent headphones! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yup!

I now have some decent headphones! :woo:
    Sienwhoever you spell it awesomeness? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Sienwhoever you spell it awesomeness? :p:
    Naw, Grado.

ReputationRep:

GOD DAMMIT! why does it have to be windows mobile

I've heard that the HTC Leo with the snapdragon 1ghz cpu will also be running windows mobile

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

Never doubted that with time, you would.

The big question is; would you swap it for an iPhone if you were offered?
    Yes but only due to itunes alone. I couldn't afford the iPhone but this is more than an alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Yes but only due to itunes alone. I couldn't afford the iPhone but this is more than an alternative.
    When the only thing that makes you want another device is the bundled PC software, you know you've done well!

As much as I love iTunes, I'm happy enough to manage music via explorer.

ReputationRep:
    How can anyone actually like iTunes? It's awful :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    How can anyone actually like iTunes? It's awful :yep:
    It's better than media player.
    It doesn't crash like Winamp seems to on my PC :sad:
    I can't think of anything else that could make my music collection even appear organised.
    Genius play lists are ace.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than media player.
    It doesn't crash like Winamp seems to on my PC :sad:
    I can't think of anything else that could make my music collection even appear organised.
    Genius play lists are ace.
    winamp crashes on your PC? :shock:

Guess iTunes might be the best then :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    winamp crashes on your PC? :shock:

Guess iTunes might be the best then :sad:
    TBF, I'm using the Win7 RC1. I can't remember what caused it to crash at the time, all I know is that it wasn't happy. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    TBF, I'm using the Win7 RC1. I can't remember what caused it to crash at the time, all I know is that it wasn't happy. :dontknow:
    I use RC1 too :awesome:

Mines refuses to be a genuine copy and everytime I re-do it, it keeps saying it's not genuine a couple days later :eek3:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.