Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Hmm try reinstalling it? but I love swiftkey
    I'm about to give up with my phone to be honest.. signal keeps going (might be weather though), battery is getting worse day by day, messages aren't getting through so having to turn it off and on at least once a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    Well, now I've got my Mozart, Zune player > anything that android currently has out, but anyway...

Where do you guys see Google going with 2.3 and 3.0?
    2.3 we already know a lot about tbh,. linky.

We also know that it's the first proper Google backed tablet centric Android release too, which could, with the UI updates, finally provide a slick challenger to the iPad.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have around >5000 texts on my phone, which I don't want to delete but I need to reset (phone isn't getting signal, three are being idiots and not telling me if theres a network problem so hoping resetting fully will work..).
    I have SMS Backup but my wifi is dodgy on my phone, so it isn't exactly transferring well.. is there a way I can transfer my texts through the usb cable or something? There actually is only one text thread I want to keep, which SMS backup hasn't even started thinking about transferring to gmail yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Disconfigured)
    Guys I have around >5000 texts on my phone, which I don't want to delete but I need to reset (phone isn't getting signal, three are being idiots and not telling me if theres a network problem so hoping resetting fully will work..).
    I have SMS Backup but my wifi is dodgy on my phone, so it isn't exactly transferring well.. is there a way I can transfer my texts through the usb cable or something? There actually is only one text thread I want to keep, which SMS backup hasn't even started thinking about transferring to gmail yet
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/sms-back...SBackupRestore

Download the above app from the market, backup to SD card, wipe phone, restore from SD.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, have you tried searching the market? There's like a bzillion sms backup to sms apps :P Personally, I recommend SMS Backup and Restore by Ritesh someone or other, but yeah, just search the market :P

ReputationRep:
    Erm, have you tried searching the market? There's like a bzillion sms backup to sms apps :P Personally, I recommend SMS Backup and Restore by Ritesh someone or other, but yeah, just search the market :P
    Same one I just linked to.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah see only problem is that I can't connect to my internet due to no signal and wifi keeps cutting out

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    http://www.appbrain.com/app/sms-back...SBackupRestore

Download the above app from the market, backup to SD card, wipe phone, restore from SD.
    Thanks. I shall try that.

-------------------------------------------------------

EDIT- took the dog for a walk and managed to get signal (not as strong as usual) so I think it's just my house where the signal is down.. sucks :/
    EDIT- fml. wiped my phone, still no signal so I can't even connect to google

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anyone got an Oranage San Fransico? There are so many ROMs I don't know which one to choose. Any recommendations? I just want a speedy and clean stock Android 2.2. Oranage really took 10 points away with all the rubbish they have preinstalled. Pre ordered the white one from play.com

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...e/Product.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedGuy)
    Hey guys, anyone got an Oranage San Fransico? There are so many ROMs I don't know which one to choose. Any recommendations? I just want a speedy and clean stock Android 2.2. Oranage really took 10 points away with all the rubbish they have preinstalled. Pre ordered the white one from play.com

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4...e/Product.html
    I would like to know the same! I haven't rooted mine yet, newb here, hopefully over the weekend.

I got mine two days ago but decided not to get the white one as I just haven't seen it in person. My old HTC Magic was white and that was really nice, but some white phones are a little off and can look tacky...The grey one is alright, boring, but perfectly fine- I would've preferred black actually (black was on Play but now gone?).

Correct about the rubbish installed. It's very very orangey and the standard Android predictive text is missing, you get TouchPal which doesn't look as nice and involves too much scrolling.

ReputationRep:
    Someone help! I'm getting really frustrated.

I have a HTC desire with three branded froyo 2.2.

How do I set up my exchange activesync with my hotmail account? I've tried putting the server as M.hotmail.com but to no avail.

Currently I have my hotmail set up as pop3 but the fact that it fetches every 15 mins consumes so much battery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Someone help! I'm getting really frustrated.

I have a HTC desire with three branded froyo 2.2.

How do I set up my exchange activesync with my hotmail account. I've tried putting the server as M.hotmail.com but to no avail.

Currently I have my hotmail set up as pop3 but the fact that it fetches every 15 mins consumes so much battery!
    Erm, just go to settings and change it to fetch them every 2 or 3 hours then maybe? :P

ReputationRep:
    Erm, just go to settings and change it to fetch them every 2 or 3 hours then maybe? :P
    I mainly communicate by email and texts which is reflected in my price plan, so fetching every 2 hours is not viable.

ReputationRep:
    I mainly communicate by email and texts which is reflected in my price plan, so fetching every 2 hours is not viable.
    Have you looked on google?
    Use these instructions maybe?
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/h...-contacts.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Have you looked on google?
    Use these instructions maybe?
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/08/h...-contacts.html
    Tried that stuff before but didn't work.

I've spent about 2 hours on google and nothing works.

But I've found a solution!!

I've linked my hotmail with my gmail. Now I receive emails from hotmail on my Gmail app which is push. I can also reply using the hotmail address from the Gmail App. Awesome!!!!

Google ftw!

ReputationRep:
    So, turns out I was never gonna get signal back with 3 (they were using Orange's mast when you couldn't get 3 signal in your area and have cancelled that deal so cancelled my contract).. went into phones4you and got..

HTC DESIRE Z.
    <3 I'm in love.

ReputationRep:
    So, turns out I was never gonna get signal back with 3 (they were using Orange's mast when you couldn't get 3 signal in your area and have cancelled that deal so cancelled my contract).. went into phones4you and got..

HTC DESIRE Z.
    <3 I'm in love.
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Tried that stuff before but didn't work.

I've spent about 2 hours on google and nothing works.

But I've found a solution!!

I've linked my hotmail with my gmail. Now I receive emails from hotmail on my Gmail app which is push. I can also reply using the hotmail address from the Gmail App. Awesome!!!!

Google ftw!
    Yeah, something you should do instantly when you get an Android phone. The Gmail app is a gem and I'm glad the iPhone lot don't get it (do they?). I have all my accounts picked up by google and all the labels stuff makes it really easy to use on a mobile device.

I have had issues setting up my uni's Microsoft [email protected] account though. It was working fine when we were on squirrel mail and a .ac.uk address but microsoft's stupid outlook web version doesn't wanna play ball. I got it sent up on email forward though but it means I can't reply from my uni address via gmail, like I can with other accounts. If anyone knows a solution, do let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Yeah, something you should do instantly when you get an Android phone. The Gmail app is a gem and I'm glad the iPhone lot don't get it (do they?). I have all my accounts picked up by google and all the labels stuff makes it really easy to use on a mobile device.

I have had issues setting up my uni's Microsoft [email protected] account though. It was working fine when we were on squirrel mail and a .ac.uk address but microsoft's stupid outlook web version doesn't wanna play ball. I got it sent up on email forward though but it means I can't reply from my uni address via gmail, like I can with other accounts. If anyone knows a solution, do let me know!
    I had the same problem with my school's email, and never managed to sort it out :/ I guess the only thing you really can do, is to get all the relevant server info etc from your tech department, and try every combination of ever manual input option available Sorry for being a bit useless :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)

Try putting the server address of the outlook email in as an IMAP server into your phone. Alternatively your uni should provide IMAP settings on its help pages. You won't have push email, but it's better than nothing.

Another alternative is to set up a forwarding rule in outlook webmail (google how to do this) so that everything gets redirected to Gmail for you to read. The downside of this is that if you replied straight from GMail it wouldn't have your uni email address as the sendee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Try putting the server address of the outlook email in as an IMAP server into your phone. Alternatively your uni should provide IMAP settings on its help pages. You won't have push email, but it's better than nothing.

Another alternative is to set up a forwarding rule in outlook webmail (google how to do this) so that everything gets redirected to Gmail for you to read. The downside of this is that if you replied straight from GMail it wouldn't have your uni email address as the sendee.
    I have the second approach set up.
    I might try to the first, thanks.

I had the same problem with my school's email, and never managed to sort it out :/ I guess the only thing you really can do, is to get all the relevant server info etc from your tech department, and try every combination of ever manual input option available Sorry for being a bit useless :/
    cheers anyway

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.