Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to get Exchange working on Vanilla Froyo (or in general?).

It is an @gla.ac.uk account but it is accessed through Office Outlook Web Access and uses Exchange, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys take screenshots on your Android handsets? I've got an app, cunningly called "screenshot", and I've given it a go, but it's a little clunky. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    How do you guys take screenshots on your Android handsets? I've got an app, cunningly called "screenshot", and I've given it a go, but it's a little clunky. :erm:
    PicMe.

Requires root but essentially it's local network/java based VNC to your phone.

It's pretty neat.

Will get a print screen in a mo.

EDIT:
    This is a screen shot of Chrome running the PicMe page on LAN.

Static: requires manual refresh, high quality images.
    Live: VNC, adjustable quality and refresh rate (to adjust to network speeds), allows input by mouse and keyboard, pretty ****ing cool.

ReputationRep:
    I use ShootMe.
    You give your phone a shake (or even shout at it lol) and it takes a shot. Your phone has to be rooted but sometimes it works even if it isnt.

ReputationRep:
    My uni uses [email protected], and my mate at uni managed to figure out how to get the IMAP settings off one of the open access machines; I think what he did was open Outlook (as it was configured to open the [email protected] account) and then he just copied all the account settings. I think the settings are specific for each university, though so I doubt mine will work.
    I think those helpful IT people at Warwick uni (note the sarcasm) might help me with that. It's not big issue really, I get to read my mails and my tutor has kinda got used to me sending him mail from Gmail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    PicMe.

Requires root but essentially it's local network/java based VNC to your phone.

It's pretty neat.

Will get a print screen in a mo.

EDIT:
    This is a screen shot of Chrome running the PicMe page on LAN.

Static: requires manual refresh, high quality images.
    Live: VNC, adjustable quality and refresh rate (to adjust to network speeds), allows input by mouse and keyboard, pretty ****ing cool.
    Damn you ZTE... *grumble* Because for some unknown reason, ZTE made the screen on the San Francisco upside down, in PicMe, the screen also appears upside down as they had to make a kludge to orient the screen the correct way That's really irritating, as that's a really decent app!

ReputationRep:
    Damn you ZTE... *grumble* Because for some unknown reason, ZTE made the screen on the San Francisco upside down, in PicMe, the screen also appears upside down as they had to make a kludge to orient the screen the correct way That's really irritating, as that's a really decent app!
    Does the same on mine with ShootMe. All screenshots are upside down lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Does the same on mine with ShootMe. All screenshots are upside down lol
    Same dev :p:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to backup kernels alone? My DHD seems averse to certain kernels, so when testing I need a way to restore the original kernel. Could nandroid it, but thats long for just a kernel

ReputationRep:
    Yep, very weird. You can rotate the pics on your phone with Adobe Photoshop Express though. The funny thing is, all these problems the Blade has would add very little to the production cost if they were fixed. I'd be more than happy to spend £20-£50 more for the ZTE Blade with fixes. Hopefully next year we'll see the ZTE Blade HD :daydreaming:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :woohoo: I've ordered the Desire HD.

30 @ month (30 upfront)
    18 months
    300 minutes
    300 texts
    free t-mobile to t-mobile
    unlimited internet

total cost = 560

Extremely happy, can't wait till Tuesday now. :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    :woohoo: I've ordered the Desire HD.

30 @ month (30 upfront)
    18 months
    300 minutes
    300 texts
    free t-mobile to t-mobile
    unlimited internet

total cost = 560

Extremely happy, can't wait till Tuesday now. :nutcase:
    300 mins 300 texts how can you live with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    I don't see how anyone can live with 300 texts, 5 hours is plenty though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    I barely go over 300 texts and anyways I have one of those flexi boosters that can be changed every month to unlimited texts, unlimited T mobile to T mobile or unlimited landline. My current contract is only 150 mins :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I barely go over 300 texts and anyways I have one of those flexi boosters that can be changed every month to unlimited texts, unlimited T mobile to T mobile or unlimited landline. My current contract is only 150 mins :ahee:
    Stingy buggers, should've given you unlimited texts at least (without the need for the booster).
    3gb limit will be nice though.

ReputationRep:
    Stingy buggers, should've given you unlimited texts at least (without the need for the booster).
    3gb limit will be nice though.
    He got the HD, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    He got the HD, though.
    I removed the link when I noticed that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I removed the link when I noticed that
    Oh yeah it's the Desire HD.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/03/p...this-time-you/

ReputationRep:
    Is that Playstation phone really 4"? It looks smaller.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's gonna have major image problems to overcome if it wants to become a ubiquitious device. It's too geeky. Imagine sticking that on a meeting table...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.