Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not to mention too big. This thing will need to have a massive battery too.

(Original post by G8D)
    Anyone know how to get Exchange working on Vanilla Froyo (or in general?).

It is an @gla.ac.uk account but it is accessed through Office Outlook Web Access and uses Exchange, apparently.
    Erm... I just use the Email app with the settings on my university website :ninja:

(Original post by silent ninja)
    3gb limit will be nice though.
    :rofl2: Allow the limits :smokin:

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Erm... I just use the Email app with the settings on my university website :ninja:

:rofl2: Allow the limits :smokin:
    Glasgow recently changed their site, it's nearly unnavigatable now.

(Original post by G8D)
    Glasgow recently changed their site, it's nearly unnavigatable now.
    http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/ITMatte...il/email1.html :ahee:

I found that.

But there really doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter this information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Anyone know how to get Exchange working on Vanilla Froyo (or in general?).

It is an @gla.ac.uk account but it is accessed through Office Outlook Web Access and uses Exchange, apparently.
    http://help.outlook.com/en-GB/140/ms...Org_Own_E14_R4

i think my uni email is the same as yours and basically you just need to click on the arrow next to the question mark in the top right and click 'about' then enter the details on there onto your mobile and it should work.

[go to your mail app on your phone then click menu then 'more' then 'new account' and add it all through there]

(Original post by Broderss)
    http://help.outlook.com/en-GB/140/ms.exch.ecp.EmailOnMobilePhone.a spx?amp;r=ia&l=1&amp ;s=EDU_Org_Own_E14_R4

i think my uni email is the same as yours and basically you just need to click on the arrow next to the question mark in the top right and click 'about' then enter the details on there onto your mobile and it should work.

[go to your mail app on your phone then click menu then 'more' then 'new account' and add it all through there]
    But I only have the gmail app the the Exchange account thing. Nowhere to change these settings D:

(Original post by G8D)
    I found that.

But there really doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter this information.
    Email app (not Gmail ) > Menu > Account Settings > Server settings

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Email app (not Gmail ) > Menu > Account Settings > Server settings
    I've filled it in... Still no luck.

My matric/[email protected] etc... IMAP, 993, SSL, could not complete setup.

EDIT: wait this is specifically for imap.physics... I doubt it will work for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I've filled it in... Still no luck.

My matric/[email protected] etc... IMAP, 993, SSL, could not complete setup.

EDIT: wait this is specifically for imap.physics... I doubt it will work for me.
    try pop

ReputationRep:
    That Playstation phone is hideously ugly. Even my face laughs at it. Sony make good hardware but they really need some good designers.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when 2.3 update is released?

Had my Desire HD now for a month and I can't wait to get the gingerbread update, i see the market has already gotten the gingerbread update, but when does the overall update get released, is there a specific date?

Thanks

(Original post by AdamOAO)

Had my Desire HD now for a month and I can't wait to get the gingerbread update, i see the market has already gotten the gingerbread update, but when does the overall update get released, is there a specific date?

Thanks
    Regardless of when 2.3 comes out, you won't get it for a month or two at least.

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh interesting thread! I just got my Desire HD 3 days ago and I've just been glued to it since. Phenomenal phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamOAO)

Thanks
    No-one can say, the old answer would've been a month-ish after the vanilla release a week after the gingerbread man arrives. But the Gingerbread man arrived over a week ago, so we've no cue to look out for.

It also depends where you got your phone, as that'll determine who you get the update off of.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pyrrho)
    Oooooh interesting thread! I just got my Desire HD 3 days ago and I've just been glued to it since. Phenomenal phone.
    Should be getting mine on Tuesday, can't wait till people start perving on my phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Should be getting mine on Tuesday, can't wait till people start perving on my phone.
    Haha yeah you'll get that a lot. A lot of the time I have trouble separating my gf from my phone. She only just got a new Blackberry Pearl last week too!

Big screen means big **** :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Is that Playstation phone really 4"? It looks smaller.

As I said earlier in the thread, it's gonna have major image problems to overcome if it wants to become a ubiquitious device. It's too geeky. Imagine sticking that on a meeting table...
    I know it is an android device but surely it is meant to appeal to the gaming fans rather than business people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I know it is an android device but surely it is meant to appeal to the gaming fans rather than business people?
    I thought they'd want it to appeal to everyone, a bit like the iPhone (which is becoming more of a credible gaming device every day). The PSP is a big thing for Sony. They're gonna wanna sell lots of units, more than their average phone imo. This doesn't want to be a niche device...or does it?

Their are rumours that the Nintendo 3DS may have phone or skype features.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.