Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I use RC1 too :awesome:

Mines refuses to be a genuine copy and everytime I re-do it, it keeps saying it's not genuine a couple days later :eek3:
    Oh noes! Mine's been alright tbh.

Speaking of which, and bringing us nicely round back on to topic - have you managed to get the HTC Sync software working on 7?

I'm not too fussed for it, but a mate of mine wants to officially update his phone, and has only got 7...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Oh noes! Mine's been alright tbh.

Speaking of which, and bringing us nicely round back on to topic - have you managed to get the HTC Sync software working on 7?

I'm not too fussed for it, but a mate of mine wants to officially update his phone, and has only got 7...
    I've not tried it since vista sorry

ReputationRep:
    I have sync on 7

ReputationRep:
    Quick question for all you Hero-ers?

What is multi-touch? That's the only thing that's making my decide if I should get HTC Hero or Samsung Galaxy / i7500. otherwise it's verry similiar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Quick question for all you Hero-ers?

What is multi-touch? That's the only thing that's making my decide if I should get HTC Hero or Samsung Galaxy / i7500. otherwise it's verry similiar.
    It allows you to use more than one finger at once. At the moment the Hero is the only Android phone to include this feature (all Android phones are theoretically capable of it)

For now on the hero it means you can zoom in and out in the Browser and Picture albums. No Market apps support it, and they won't until ALL android phones can (software update need to come out through Google)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It allows you to use more than one finger at once. At the moment the Hero is the only Android phone to include this feature (all Android phones are theoretically capable of it)

For now on the hero it means you can zoom in and out in the Browser and Picture albums. No Market apps support it, and they won't until ALL android phones can (software update need to come out through Google)
    *knows she's gone to a really far fetched area now*

so it will be possible that all google android phones have the multi touch?

ReputationRep:
    *knows she's gone to a really far fetched area now*

so it will be possible that all google android phones have the multi touch?
    I'm not an expert on the state of things right now.

But I think the ALL GPhones have the Hardware to allow multitouch but they lack the software to do so, only the Hero can do it to an extent.. For now atleast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'm not an expert on the state of things right now.

But I think the ALL GPhones have the Hardware to allow multitouch but they lack the software to do so, only the Hero can do it to an extent.. For now atleast.
    ahh okay. Thanks a lot =] I think in that case I'll get either Hero or Galaxy whichever is cheaper =]

ReputationRep:
    ahh okay. Thanks a lot =] I think in that case I'll get either Hero or Galaxy whichever is cheaper =]
    I, and I think most people in this thread also, can vouch for the Heros awesomeness

ReputationRep:
    haha. It does look aweeesome on youtube [although I doubt it does it much justice] howeverr I think I am in love with the OLED screen haha. It makes everything look extra shinyy.

also the chin.. erm. =/

ReputationRep:
    haha. It does look aweeesome on youtube [although I doubt it does it much justice] howeverr I think I am in love with the OLED screen haha. It makes everything look extra shinyy.

also the chin.. erm. =/
    The chin: Aesthetically I love it, its different but its nice
    It also improves mic position as it "wraps" round your face.

The major advantage of the Hero is that it runs SenseUI (the custom Android by HTC) which is just so much nicer than normal Android and other companies versions..

ReputationRep:
    I think I will get the HTC Hero to be honnets. I can't seem to find any phone I wanted ( Samsung Galaxy and Palm Pre although that's not released yet but I doubt it'd be anything under £250)

Samsung Galaxy on ebay starts from 99p but shoots up to £200+

ReputationRep:
    I think I will get the HTC Hero to be honnets. I can't seem to find any phone I wanted ( Samsung Galaxy and Palm Pre although that's not released yet but I doubt it'd be anything under £250)

Samsung Galaxy on ebay starts from 99p but shoots up to £200+
    Palm Pre never impressed me much, looks wise. Plus is doesn't run Android.

The Galaxy doesn't look very nice and it runs basic Android.
    If you want the most from an Android phone get the Hero, or wait for the Tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Palm Pre never impressed me much, looks wise. Plus is doesn't run Android.

The Galaxy doesn't look very nice and it runs basic Android.
    If you want the most from an Android phone get the Hero, or wait for the Tattoo.

Yeah I saw the Tattoo but I can't read much on it and I don't want to wait anymore lol. I will get the HTC Hero, if I realllly hate it etc I'll get the Samsung Galaxy. I think I want Samsung is because I had the D900 and that kept me happy for about 2 years to be honest =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw the Tattoo but I can't read much on it and I don't want to wait anymore lol. I will get the HTC Hero, if I realllly hate it etc I'll get the Samsung Galaxy. I think I want Samsung is because I had the D900 and that kept me happy for about 2 years to be honest =]
    There isn't a great deal of difference. They both run the same software (the Heros looks better/has more screens). Android does not vary, the only thing that really changes is the way it looks. Both the Hero and the Galaxy will have the Market and all the same stock apps.

The Galaxy will be nothing like the D900 as Samsung did not make the software it runs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    There isn't a great deal of difference. They both run the same software (the Heros looks better/has more screens). Android does not vary, the only thing that really changes is the way it looks. Both the Hero and the Galaxy will have the Market and all the same stock apps.

The Galaxy will be nothing like the D900 as Samsung did not make the software it runs.
    I know I know. =] Thanks for the help mate.

Found a HTC Hero on ebay for £205 now just have to keep an eye on it so the price doesn't suddenly jump.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, just one annoying bottle I'm having at the.moment is that the keyboard wont update as fast as im typing. This might be due to that vibrate thing or the software might just be a litter slow but its hella annoying to wait for the phone to respond when I could be typing mega fast.

ReputationRep:
    I know I know. =] Thanks for the help mate.

Found a HTC Hero on ebay for £205 now just have to keep an eye on it so the price doesn't suddenly jump.
    Good luck, when you get it you will love it

ReputationRep:
    I ducking love this phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I ducking love this phone
    That's how I know you're posting from the Hero :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.