Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    PSPhone is too big for me. Shame, I'd have got one if it wasn't so large.

I still can't decide to either stick with Android and love the OS but remain frustrated by the number / quality of games and apps or go iPhone and hate the OS but love the apps and games.

Android needs an iPhone emulator, then I'd be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)

I still can't decide to either stick with Android and love the OS but remain frustrated by the number / quality of games and apps or go iPhone and hate the OS but love the apps and games.

I think I'm gonna venture on the darkside when the iPhone 5/4g/4gs whatever they wanna call it, comes out :teeth: Unless HTC give me an excuse in the next few months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I think I'm gonna venture on the darkside when the iPhone 5/4g/4gs whatever they wanna call it, comes out :teeth: Unless HTC give me an excuse in the next few months...
    Yeah, I could wait til then, or I get a iP4 now, and wait for iP6 for my next phone...

You guys disgust me :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You guys disgust me :nothing:
    Does the market not frustrate you too?

The thing that gets me is that it's almost always quicker for iP users to find the info they want compare to me on an Android device.

As I say, I love the OS, just not the apps.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

So not worth it, just for games and apps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    So not worth it, just for games and apps.
    What else do you use your phone for? :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What else do you use your phone for? :confused:
    Usually calling and other communication methods :p:. What I'm saying is that it's not like Android has no apps or games, not to an extent where you'd want IOS that badly.

ReputationRep:
    Usually calling and other communication methods :p:. What I'm saying is that it's not like Android has no apps or games, not to an extent where you'd want IOS that badly.
    :P

True that. Perhaps I just want an iP4 and don't want to admit it. Honestly, ITT the only thing I really need is a phone with a good MP3 player built in. AFAIK, iP is all over Android in that one. PowerAmp gets close, but it eats batteries for lolz.

ReputationRep:
    :P

True that. Perhaps I just want an iP4 and don't want to admit it. Honestly, ITT the only thing I really need is a phone with a good MP3 player built in. AFAIK, iP is all over Android in that one. PowerAmp gets close, but it eats batteries for lolz.

Double twist with airsync! epic win

WinAMP, the best ever.

HTC has a good media player, I miss it :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mprules)
    Double twist with airsync! epic win
    I used to use DT, it's nowhere near as good as PowerAmp IMO.

Edit: HTC MP has no EQ. Can't you just download it from the market? Search for "Music Mod" IIRC.
    Winamp was OK last time I tried, yet to d/l latest update.

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Umm I guess there's a reason why it's only 2.3. Nothing particularly special.

ReputationRep:
    Three branded Froyo. Only came out in November.

I'll be waiting along time for 2.3 on my desire, that's even if it comes to my device. :LOL:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Apparently the new Nexus S won't be a Super Amoled screen. So it's essentially a Galaxy S with 2.3 without S-Amoled. I wonder if it'll still have the GPS and lag problems of the GS phone.

Hit UK 20th on Carphone Warehouse.

Video below

EDIt: video would suggest 2.3 vanilla now has the 3D launcher pro menu style.

Edit: Just been on the website, it has Super Amoled.

Umm I guess there's a reason why it's only 2.3. Nothing particularly special.
    It's actually beefier than most were expecting it to be.
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Three branded Froyo. Only came out in November.

I'll be waiting along time for 2.3 on my desire, that's even if it comes to my device. :LOL:
    Root dat *****.

Nexus S look not bad!

GPS issue was corrected with an update IIRC.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Nexus S look not bad!

GPS issue was corrected with an update IIRC.
    The last update was essentially a program that wiped all the GPS settings and restored it to defaults :unsure:, could be wrong though don't follow much Galaxy S news. I think I'd need hands on with the phone before I bought it, with the whole curved screen. If it's snappy I might send my DHD back (when it comes).

The last update was essentially a program that wiped all the GPS settings and restored it to defaults :unsure:. I think I'd need hands on with the phone before I bought it, with the whole curved screen. If it's snappy I might send my DHD back (when it comes).
    This will be faster than the DHD, whether you'll notice it just playing around with the UI/basic apps is another matter.
    If this feels better than the SGS (being cheap and plasticy) and the screen is nice, which I imagine it will be , then I may buy this SIM-free after xmas.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.