:sogood:

ReputationRep:

:mmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :headfire:

ReputationRep:
    Do want my samsung galaxy 3 update to 2.2! I can't believe I read about 2.3 on engadget when im still on 2.1 haha.

Samsung needs to fix their game, im going HTC next time.

I'm staring at my Nexus One, waiting for the OTA update. Going to be hours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Do want my samsung galaxy 3 update to 2.2! I can't believe I read about 2.3 on engadget when im still on 2.1 haha.

Samsung needs to fix their game, im going HTC next time.

HTC are only mildly better. There doesn't look to be a lot in 2. 3 anyway.

The Nexus S looks too much like the Galaxy S, which in turn remains an iPhone imitation in design. So the day has arrived that Google copies Apple's phone design. I was hoping fo something original, shame.

Anyone else think the 20 December release is cutting it too close. I can imaginesome late Christmas deliveries.

ReputationRep:
    Design for the Nexus S looks terrible. Hoepfully not as cheap and tacky as the Galaxy S (Although it may just be that, by the looks of it).

Anyone have any ideas for the price tag? Sim free?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Design for the Nexus S looks terrible. Hoepfully not as cheap and tacky as the Galaxy S (Although it may just be that, by the looks of it).

Anyone have any ideas for the price tag? Sim free?
    £550, appaz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    HTC are only mildly better. There doesn't look to be a lot in 2. 3 anyway.

The Nexus S looks too much like the Galaxy S, which in turn remains an iPhone imitation in design. So the day has arrived that Google copies Apple's phone design. I was hoping fo something original, shame.

Anyone else think the 20 December release is cutting it too close. I can imaginesome late Christmas deliveries.
    Saying the galaxy S is an iphone imitation is like saying a bottle of sprite is a bottle of coke imitation! A suitable smartphone model has been found, so all the companies that are looking to appeal to a big market will create similar smartphones!

Its either HTC or windows 7 for me next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    Saying the galaxy S is an iphone imitation is like saying a bottle of sprite is a bottle of coke imitation! A suitable smartphone model has been found, so all the companies that are looking to appeal to a big market will create similar smartphones!

Its either HTC or windows 7 for me next
    Not really. Besides Chinese knockoffs, no other phone is basically copying the iPhone design. It's totally unoriginal. HTC seem to be doing rather well with some of their design, so too Motorola.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    £550, appaz.
    **** me, why would anyone go for this over the DHD?

ReputationRep:
    **** me, why would anyone go for this over the DHD?
    Because it's superior spec-wise?

ReputationRep:
    Yo all, how much would it cost to unlock a desire? Just asking since CEX charge a good £20+ for a desire on 3/unlocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Yo all, how much would it cost to unlock a desire? Just asking since CEX charge a good £20+ for a desire on 3/unlocked.
    Seems to depend on when you got the phone.

~£20 for after 25th May
    ~£15 for before then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Seems to depend on when you got the phone.

~£20 for after 25th May
    ~£15 for before then.
    That's... rather random. Is that using those websites which send you an unlock code? I may just chance it on ebay anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    That's... rather random. Is that using those websites which send you an unlock code? I may just chance it on ebay anyway.
    Yeah it's like 5 minutes and you get the code :p:

I've not used a service like that before so IDK...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Because it's superior spec-wise?
    Its very similar specwise aint it? Other than the amoled screen

ReputationRep:
    Its very similar specwise aint it? Other than the amoled screen
    I didn't even think it had an amoled screen or does it not have a super amoled? Am I getting them mixed up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spec wise it's very similar to the Galaxy S (both do have Super Amoled screen), apart from it has an Led flash, 16gb built in memory and all the NFC rubbish that is not useful for at least another 5 years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.