Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by JonCha)
    Sounds like fairly simple stuff, then.

Also, I just downloaded the icons to see what they're like. However I have no idea how to get them on to the lock screen, but I guess that's something I could think about perhaps next week or so.
    You can change icons in LauncherPro
    It's a bit more long winded than the usual method of:
    Open app drawer, long dress app, drag to desired position.
    But it will give you greater control over the theme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You can change icons in LauncherPro
    It's a bit more long winded than the usual method of:
    Open app drawer, long dress app, drag to desired position.
    But it will give you greater control over the theme
    LauncherPro seems like quite the app!

So do I literally select the equivalent icon in LP and switch them around? If so, that's pretty great.

What's all this 2x1, 3x1 stuff btw? Are these just settings that you can change inside the apps?

(Original post by JonCha)
    LauncherPro seems like quite the app!

So do I literally select the equivalent icon in LP and switch them around? If so, that's pretty great.

What's all this 2x1, 3x1 stuff btw? Are these just settings that you can change inside the apps?
    You have to put applications on the homescreen in a similar way you put widgets on. LP then gives you the option to rename and change icon (this is done through the gallery app).

2x1? 3x1? I can only assume it refers to homescreen layouts and subsequent icon sizes. I currently use 9 columns and 10 rows (instead of 4x4:ahee:), this allows me to achieve positioning that would be impossible in the default home app.
    Examples(these might not seem that impressive but it will be helpful in achieving good aesthetics.
    1) This is a full screen widget (4x4) but it is only 9 rows (relative to my 10) and so allows me to overlap apps on top.

2)This shows that widgets no longer require to be restricted to the 4x4 (hard to appreciate until you've used Android), the BBC widget is also a different size to what it should be.

These were taken on the 6th of November, to account for the old new and use of Audio Galaxy.
    It's possible that the Nexus S would have the option for even more columns/rows due to resolution, I'm really not sure.

ReputationRep:
    What's the toggle switch app you're using? Top of the last screenie. I always see it around.

(Original post by Installation)
    What's the toggle switch app you're using? Top of the last screenie. I always see it around.
    Extended Controls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Extended Controls.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You'll find this thread on AV Forums helpful. They list the apps they used. You need the lockscreen one to be able to control the widgets on your lock screen. As you can see, the screenshots look awesome and you couldn't possibly create anything like them on the iPhone.

I hope someone can answer something I've been thinking about since the announcement of the Nexus S.

I have a Nexus one, I love it, I have no intention of getting the new Nexus (possibly because I think it's a massive disappointment, especially as it's 95% the same spec as the N1, but mostly because I've only have the N1 for five months).

What I've been Googling and trying to find out is, what is the fate of the N1?

Currently its at the front of EVERY update, if there's something new, you better believe the Nexus one will get it first.
    Now, with the new Nexus I expect it to take the front line with every update, but surely with the MASSIVE developer group all with N1's, surely it won't become complete unsupported from the 16th onwards? With the very similar spec would both the N1 and NS have the same ROM when they're released?

I love having my phone receive the latest update as soon as they're announced, it would be a massive disappointment if it takes months/years to get the update from now on.

ReputationRep:
    So many Android things are being updated at the moment it's awesome!

Plus, The Impossible Game is now on Android. Winner. http://www.appbrain.com/app/the-impo...impossiblegame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    So many Android things are being updated at the moment it's awesome!

Plus, The Impossible Game is now on Android. Winner. http://www.appbrain.com/app/the-impo...impossiblegame
    I thought they were joking when they said impossible...it's bloody hard work!

How can you keep up with the Android news? It leaves me behind and then maybe after a month I can get up to speed a little bit then get left behind again :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

How can you keep up with the Android news? It leaves me behind and then maybe after a month I can get up to speed a little bit then get left behind again :mmm:
    Love that game. I even have the Xbox Live Indie Game version of it. It's ported to Android very well.

I use phandroid.com and androidpolice.com for most of my Android news. There's a Phandroid app on the market too which is pretty good. Most of the time though, the source of all the juicy stuff is on engadget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)

RSS feeds

ReputationRep:
    ooh yeahh!! :awesome:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...imus-2x-915569

looks amazing. Before anyone says iPhone rip off, I believe LG had this type of design before Apple back in 2006.

2011 is looking gooood

ReputationRep:
    Tegra 2 - This really changes everything. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Tegra 2 - This really changes everything. :sexface:
    Tegra 2 looks the ****

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone see Rocket Bunnies on the market yet?

Can anyone see Rocket Bunnies on the market yet?
    Nope, but there is quite alot my Hero can't see.

*walks away mumbling incoherently about resolution*

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping it's because it's new, though when I d/l the APK from the net, it crashes on install. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    ooh yeahh!! :awesome:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...imus-2x-915569

looks amazing. Before anyone says iPhone rip off, I believe LG had this type of design before Apple back in 2006.

2011 is looking gooood
    Engadget have a preview of it if you want a more in-depth look.

ReputationRep:
    Huzzah, got my desire and I can't wait to get customising properly. Anyway I was wondering if this was just me, or does this phone charge very slowly. If I play a game or something whilst it's on charge the battery life seems to slip down! Urgh, there's nothing wrong with the life of the battery itself though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.