Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What i hate is it changing words it doesn't recognise...like I said 'niggle' in the above post and it changed it to bottle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I ducking love this phone
    Knew you would.
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    What i hate is it changing words it doesn't recognise...like I said 'niggle' in the above post and it changed it to bottle
    You can add your own words.. it's easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    You can add your own words.. it's easy.
    I know you can, its just when you're typing fast and you press the spacebar on a word it doesn't recognise it automatically changes it >.<

ReputationRep:
    Any good shooting games about? Also, I can't find the fbook app?

ReputationRep:
    the app is simply called facebook and it should be in the top apps

on another note donut started comoing out yesterday in america so hopefully we should get it soon!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Marketplace and look at all apps, by popularity. It's in the top 10.

ReputationRep:
    I already have that then lol. Thought they were two different apps.

ReputationRep:
    originally there was fbook instead of facebook but now facebook have done their own there was no need for it (and a wholehost of copyright issues and stuff)

ReputationRep:
    There is a distinct lack of shooters at the moment (mainly due to the widespread lack of multi touch.
    However there are several in development at the moment, and if you wish to see the 3D potential of Android download the Speed Forge 3D demo. Not the best game, but its well made 3D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Muon)
    the app is simply called facebook and it should be in the top apps

on another note donut started comoing out yesterday in america so hopefully we should get it soon!
    I still don't have the updated G2 rom so it will be a while off before I get Donut

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just got my hero today. I need some help on a few things:

1. When i connect the phone to my pc it recognizes it as a f drive. However, when i try to access the f drive it states 'please insert disk into drive, not recognized'.........do i need to synch my phone first or something...how do i access my media?

2. Is it possible to download apps off the android market site and transfer them to the phone or do i have to download them directly from the phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daman2)
    Hey guys! Just got my hero today. I need some help on a few things:

1. When i connect the phone to my pc it recognizes it as a f drive. However, when i try to access the f drive it states 'please insert disk into drive, not recognized'.........do i need to synch my phone first or something...how do i access my media?

2. Is it possible to download apps off the android market site and transfer them to the phone or do i have to download them directly from the phone?
    not sure about number one, have you made sure you mounted it on your phone? and for number 2 no it isn't. There are ways to download them off other sites and email you them (you may need modded firmware to install it or another app) but you can't download them off the android market site

ReputationRep:
    First time back on my laptop after getting the Hero because I don't have wireless at uni. I think I prefer my Hero to my laptop! I never knew that I could love one phone so much! Its amazing :grin:

ReputationRep:
    First time back on my laptop after getting the Hero because I don't have wireless at uni. I think I prefer my Hero to my laptop! I never knew that I could love one phone so much! Its amazing :grin:
    wifi on the hero annoys me seems to drop out a lot even when I am sat accross the room from the router, still it is very good on 3G

ReputationRep:
    Another soul saved from the bandwagon that is the iPhone and its unnecessary levels of hype

ReputationRep:
    When is the new Rom out on t-mobile? On hero now

ReputationRep:
    When is the new Rom out on t-mobile? On hero now
    I don't know they seem to be taking a bloody age. Donut is coming out now on the G1 and we still don't have the new ROM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I don't know they seem to be taking a bloody age. Donut is coming out now on the G1 and we still don't have the new ROM
    What is Donut? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    What is Donut? :erm:
    Android 1.6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Maybe they are waiting for a SenseUI of 1.6, to save people wiping their phones twice?

EDIT(what I actually came here to talk about ):
    I can no longer use my iPod propery, everytime I want to go back a page I aim for a button near my thumb but there is none. It makes so much more sense to have this many buttons than to have a touch button on the other end of the phone :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.