Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lo all, I'm trying to use app installer to install apk files onto my desire. However when trying to get into my sd card it says "Can't read folder due to permissions" - how do I get around this.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Installation)
    Lo all, I'm trying to use app installer to install apk files onto my desire. However when trying to get into my sd card it says "Can't read folder due to permissions" - how do I get around this.
    I just use Astro filer manager, to find the apk on my phone then Android installs it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I just use Astro filer manager, to find the apk on my phone then Android installs it.
    Yeah I just realised the problem, need to remove it from USB before looking for stuff.
    Ta.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Nexus S now £430 at Carphone Warehouse. That's more like it - although a SGS is still £60 less, and they've got the Nexus S ROM partially running on it.
    Yeah just need a firmware dump and it should get things moving along nicely, expect the SGS to run the Nexus S fw more or less Can't wait!

Btw bought Titanium Backup pro cos I was reaching 200 apps and couldn't be bothered to sit there restoring them one by one...so much easier now! Flashing takes about 10-15 minutes including the time taken to get everything back on the phone :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah just need a firmware dump and it should get things moving along nicely, expect the SGS to run the Nexus S fw more or less Can't wait!

Btw bought Titanium Backup pro cos I was reaching 200 apps and couldn't be bothered to sit there restoring them one by one...so much easier now! Flashing takes about 10-15 minutes including the time taken to get everything back on the phone :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Alright I know but I couldn't find it any other way

£3.70 it cost me an all.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Alright I know but I couldn't find it any other way

£3.70 it cost me an all.....
    http://is.gd/j5f8u

ReputationRep:
    Got my orange san francisco today, only the tft model but i'm not complaining... for £80. First time android user but I think i'm in love!

ReputationRep:

Great ad/teaser!

It's like a giant iPhone,
    but... It's like a giant iPhone.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wasn't going to watch it when I saw it on Engadet but that was actually really funny.

ReputationRep:
    Coulda told me sooner :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my Nexus S has arrived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Hey, my Nexus S has arrived.
    What's the curved glass screen like then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    What's the curved glass screen like then?
    Slight, but noticeable if you hold it sideways. Quite cool IMO.

I downloaded LauncherPro straight away, but need the Plus version to resize widgets and change icons.

Also, when is the new marketplace coming out? Mine seems to be the old version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Slight, but noticeable if you hold it sideways. Quite cool IMO.

I downloaded LauncherPro straight away, but need the Plus version to resize widgets and change icons.

Also, when is the new marketplace coming out? Mine seems to be the old version.
    LPP ftw.

It's being pushed to devices as we speak. My mate with a Desire got it the other day.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I still don't have Launcher Pro, sense is that good

Yeah I still have the old marketplace.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Home

ReputationRep:
    Iv had a stupid moment, can somebody find the link for me to make a motoblur account, i think iv gone blind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101101)
    Iv had a stupid moment, can somebody find the link for me to make a motoblur account, i think iv gone blind
    https://portal-blur.svcmot.com/blur-web-portal/?l=en_GB
    ??

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I've enabled the 3D effect in Pro Plus but it's kinda buggy. Whenever I scroll up it sometimes gets caught which is well annoying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.