Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Hm, I've enabled the 3D effect in Pro Plus but it's kinda buggy. Whenever I scroll up it sometimes gets caught which is well annoying.
    Works flawlessly on my Hero :unsure:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Used Launcher Pro for all but 1 minute and it was laggy when going between homescreens, so I switched back to sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Used Launcher Pro for all but 1 minute and it was laggy when going between homescreens, so I switched back to sense.
    Did you even let it load fully?
    Launcher Pro is far smoother than Sense, not that I don't love Sense or anything.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Did you even let it load fully?
    Launcher Pro is far smoother than Sense, not that I don't love Sense or anything.
    Yeah I probably didn't give it time to settle. I've been using swype, not sure if I should change back to Sense keyboard, which is pretty good tbh. Swype is just more fun to use.

ReputationRep:
    The LG Optimus 2X is coming in January. That's the fastest I've seen a phone (Nexus S) go out of date. Single core? phhht.. lol This is gonna be a beast of a phone and looks well designed too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Yeah I probably didn't give it time to settle. I've been using swype, not sure if I should change back to Sense keyboard, which is pretty good tbh. Swype is just more fun to use.
    I used it for a while, it's surprisingly good but but I found Smart Keyboard pro to be a lot better....

(Original post by silent ninja)
    The LG Optimus 2X is coming in January. That's the fastest I've seen a phone (Nexus S) go out of date. Single core? phhht.. lol This is gonna be a beast of a phone and looks well designed too.
    :zomg: that's quick like! does it have a price tag yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    :zomg: that's quick like! does it have a price tag yet?
    Around £470 is a guesstimate based on pre-orders in Europe. Anything sub £500 for this beast is very good, undercutting the good old iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Around £470 is a guesstimate based on pre-orders in Europe. Anything sub £500 for this beast is very good, undercutting the good old iPhone.
    The UI is similar to the Samsung ones (dunno if LG always used it or whatever) but it comes with 2.2? I would have thought an update would be imminent after launch surely?

ReputationRep:
    The UI is similar to the Samsung ones (dunno if LG always used it or whatever) but it comes with 2.2? I would have thought an update would be imminent after launch surely?
    Yeah that's a bit odd but i would expect it to get an update. I'd be happy with 2.2; the changes are minor and it will be a blazingly fast device. I'm surprised it's arrived so early! Let's see which networks get it.

ReputationRep:
    If it's root and vanillaable then I may just consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    If it's root and vanillaable then I may just consider it.
    Isn't the Nexus one like one of the few phones that you can have Vanilla Android on?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Got my Christmassy theme running now:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the Nexus one like one of the few phones that you can have Vanilla Android on?
    What? I'm running a Vanilla ROM on my Hero... idgi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Got my Christmassy theme running now:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha looks ace, the icons in the notification bar looks so old though :p: I can't remember the last time I saw them on my phone :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's one of the few that come with Vanilla on it, but if you can root it, you can probably Vanilla it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    What? I'm running a Vanilla ROM on my Hero... idgi.
    So who has a Nexus one then? :shifty:

But Vanilla is pretty restricted afaik...well I think it still is anyway. :K:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Haha looks ace, the icons in the notification bar looks so old though :p: I can't remember the last time I saw them on my phone :p:
    I know. I never get round to changing them, and I am very fussy when it comes to such things. It would take me hours to find some I like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    It's one of the few that come with Vanilla on it, but if you can root it, you can probably Vanilla it.
    OIC...

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    So who has a Nexus one then? :shifty:

But Vanilla is pretty restricted afaik...well I think it still is anyway. :K:
    I don't have a clue what you are on about :sad:

Vanilla is Android how Google originally intend it to be (what runs on the Nexus One/S. HTC/Samsung/LG etc etc all add things (skins/apps/etc), I personally do not like what LG has decided to do to their flavoured ROM hence why I want to root and install Vanilla on it :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I have an iphone 3gs and am pretty tired of it .. my upgrade is well due . what do you guys think of the Nexus S ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.