Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G550NDH)
    I have an iphone 3gs and am pretty tired of it .. my upgrade is well due . what do you guys think of the Nexus S ?
    A bit meh tbh. Not nearly powerful enough considering the nest gen of Tegra phones are round the corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    I know. I never get round to changing them, and I am very fussy when it comes to such things. It would take me hours to find some I like.
    Spoiler:
    Show

I didn't like the Gingerbread style notification bar at first but I've grown to really like it now

(Original post by G8D)
    I don't have a clue what you are on about :sad:

Vanilla is Android how Google originally intend it to be (what runs on the Nexus One/S. HTC/Samsung/LG etc etc all add things (skins/apps/etc), I personally do not like what LG has decided to do to their flavoured ROM hence why I want to root and install Vanilla on it :erm:
    Ok...let's just leave it at that. I was just saying that you don't see a lot of phones that have Vanilla on cos the manufacturers do whatever they want with them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    A bit meh tbh. Not nearly powerful enough considering the nest gen of Tegra phones are round the corner.
    Ahh yeah i hear the Tegras will be epic ... i think i will wait .. but if the Iphone 5 is absolutely amazing i may go for that IF they sort out some of their problems
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I didn't like the Gingerbread style notification bar at first but I've grown to really like it now
    It does look rather nice. You get it from XDA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    It does look rather nice. You get it from XDA?
    Yup, I've gone on a custom ROM and the gingerbread theme is compatible so I always use it after flashing. I kinda want 2.3 to come out soon for the SGS so I don't have to keep applying themes but hey what can you do.

(Original post by G550NDH)
    Ahh yeah i hear the Tegras will be epic ... i think i will wait .. but if the Iphone 5 is absolutely amazing i may go for that IF they sort out some of their problems
    Imho the rate that Android is going I don't think iOS is going to be able to keep up, it will always have a following due to it's cult nature but I actually think the phones that are coming out on Android are superior and I don't think the iPhone will match it anyway. Besides I could never see myself going back to iOS after using Android.

ReputationRep:
    Imho the rate that Android is going I don't think iOS is going to be able to keep up, it will always have a following due to it's cult nature but I actually think the phones that are coming out on Android are superior and I don't think the iPhone will match it anyway. Besides I could never see myself going back to iOS after using Android.
    I think the main problem (for me anyway) is that, besides HTC, every Android phone needs some kind of tinkering to get it working right. That's annoying. iPhone works great out the box, although it is limited and to get your moneys worth it needs to be be jailbroke. The other little annoyance which I'm sure google will iron out, is the bugginess. There are odd crashes, scrolling jerkiness (big problem imo which will grate a lot of users coming from Apple), reboots etc. Android still does not feel like a finished product, whereas iOS is slick and fluid but more limited.

I don't see Apple going anywhere any time soon, they will be the leader for a while yet imo. Android will overtake iOS in the os war but Apple will still be the leader in the pack imo. The App Store (inc games) is the other big plus point for iOS.

Android owns apple any day and it doesnt have a pin exploit

ReputationRep:
    generally i prefer all the apple goodness.
    android software just uses up my battery life, but i spose it could be worse (:

What about your security i know a pin that can bypass into your apple i-phone do you know my android code? No thought so ....

ReputationRep:
    Let's not start an Apple-Android debate (guilty, i responded). This thread is primarily for Android os.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use the wiimote controller app?

I can't seem to get it to work on my samsung galaxy :erm:

ReputationRep:
    anyone know where i could get some decent homeskin(pages)
    for my phone?
    got a samsung galaxy apollo.
    only got the two orange ones that came with it, and hate these ones. :l

Yh go to a phone wallpaper site

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the sarcasm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robynroo)
    thanks for the sarcasm.
    AS in background images?

Search for "wallpaper" and "background" on the Market - plenty of apps there that have loads available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I think the main problem (for me anyway) is that, besides HTC, every Android phone needs some kind of tinkering to get it working right. That's annoying. iPhone works great out the box, although it is limited and to get your moneys worth it needs to be be jailbroke. The other little annoyance which I'm sure google will iron out, is the bugginess. There are odd crashes, scrolling jerkiness (big problem imo which will grate a lot of users coming from Apple), reboots etc. Android still does not feel like a finished product, whereas iOS is slick and fluid but more limited.

I don't see Apple going anywhere any time soon, they will be the leader for a while yet imo. Android will overtake iOS in the os war but Apple will still be the leader in the pack imo. The App Store (inc games) is the other big plus point for iOS.
    I know what you mean, I bought the SGS knowing full well I'd have to play around with it and tbh it's quite fun I'm getting addicted to flashing my phone every other day. It's why I enjoy using Android more, each phone has so many devs coming up with fixes for literally everything trying to make the phone the finished product it should have been. Like for my phone, Samsung never put in an LED for notification so instead they made a fix so that the two buttons lit up when you've had a missed call/message or whatever and it works just as well imo.

I'm not saying Apple are dead but I do think that Android is coming on a lot faster than Apple is and you can see that game developers are starting to make games for both platforms.

thanks for the sarcasm.
    Im just joking here you go

www.zedge.net

ReputationRep:
    not as in background images (:
    i'm fine for that (:
    i meant as in skins, layout etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    not as in background images (:
    i'm fine for that (:
    i meant as in skins, layout etc.
    Launcher Pro? ADW launcher...

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I bought the SGS knowing full well I'd have to play around with it and tbh it's quite fun I'm getting addicted to flashing my phone every other day. It's why I enjoy using Android more, each phone has so many devs coming up with fixes for literally everything trying to make the phone the finished product it should have been. Like for my phone, Samsung never put in an LED for notification so instead they made a fix so that the two buttons lit up when you've had a missed call/message or whatever and it works just as well imo.

I'm not saying Apple are dead but I do think that Android is coming on a lot faster than Apple is and you can see that game developers are starting to make games for both platforms.
    There is an app called NoLED which does a great job for phones sans LED

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.