Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any help with rooting? Been trying to do it with my Nexus S, but it's super complicated. It's especially annoying considering I wanted to mod Widgetlocker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Whats the one u use now?
    Just the email app that came with the desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    Hey guys, just picked up my Android device about a week ago and it came with a 3gb FUP.

I've been looking at my unbilled use on the My T-Mobile site and for some reason there seems to be random charges under "Mobile Data Usage". For most of the items there is a base cost, but then a billed cost of 0. But every once in a while the base cost doesn't seem to be "waived", so to say.

I haven't been out of the UK (or Scotland for that matter) since getting the phone.

Under mobile network settings I have already unchecked Data roaming. T-Mobile Internet is selected as my access point.

Where are these charges coming from and how can I stop them? It adds up to about 5 pounds now.. it's not too bad but it'll add up if I don't put a stop to this now
    Might want to ring them up about that.

(Original post by Installation)
    Just the email app that came with the desire.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...id-apps-704145

try this 10 best ones
    thumbs if you like any
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Meh, not too bad I guess. I get marginally more on my iPhone, but I charge than when I get home every day anyway. How does it perform? Does Flash work well?
    Performance -

-Very snappy
    -Apps open very quickly, I can't remember the last time I had to wait to do anything.
    -Have a huge numer of apps running at the same time due to the 800mb of RAM, I seem to always have 100mb+ available.
    -Smooth scrolling across homescreens and across OS though not as buttery smooth as on window phone 7
    -Doesn't lag in games at all due to adreno 205

Flash

-Great to be able to stream of sites, e.g I stream Bloomberg
    -Sometime it can lag if you don't have a good connection, when on wifi it's great
    -Normal websites with flash banners and everything it's still quick
    -On youtube as long as you don't watch 1080p videos it doesn't lag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Performance -

-Very snappy
    -Apps open very quickly, I can't remember the last time I had to wait to do anything.
    -Have a huge numer of apps running at the same time due to the 800mb of RAM, I seem to always have 100mb+ available.
    -Smooth scrolling across homescreens and across OS though not as buttery smooth as on window phone 7

Flash

-Sometime it can lag if you don't have a good connection, when on wifi it's great
    I only a 100mb available when I kill everything

Oh well, I will be getting a new phone this year and will probably wait till after MWC
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Liked the look of chromsms, I like the HTC one but I think I'll give it a shot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Which phone is that?

ReputationRep:
    Which phone is that?
    Galaxy S 2 is rumoured to be announced there and I guess there will be a strong prescence from the other manufacturers all eager to release Tegra 2 and other dual core chips etc
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Captain92)
    I just got a HTC Wildfire yesterday
    Welcome to the dark side
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Galaxy S 2 is rumoured to be announced there and I guess there will be a strong prescence from the other manufacturers all eager to release Tegra 2 and other dual core chips etc
    Can't wait, I'm personally more interested in new screen tech, hopefully high res super super AMOLED!

ReputationRep:
    not been following phone market for a while but what are there any promising releases come july 2011?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    not been following phone market for a while but what are there any promising releases come july 2011?
    I'll tell you after CES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I'll tell you after CES.
    ces?

ReputationRep:
    ces?
    CES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    CES.
    still dunno what it is but i look forward to your update :p:

(Original post by G8D)
    CES.
    ure part of the CES! Wow :eek: thats amazing

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Show

ReputationRep:
    Weird, this quote didn't show up.

It's just some expo where big companies officially reveal products that were leaked months ago

ReputationRep:
    Performance -

-Very snappy

Flash

Hmm, I might just get rid of my iPhone tomorrow then, depending on how spontaneous I feel... :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Hmm, I might just get rid of my iPhone tomorrow then, depending on how spontaneous I feel... :p:
    As much as I think that's the best option I'd definitely wait till after CES!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.