Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    As much as I think that's the best option I'd definitely wait till after CES!
    I guess so. A dual core phone would probably be worth waiting for.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!!
    I might be getting the samsung galaxy S for my birthday! But is it really a good phone and worth that price?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    Hey!!!
    I might be getting the samsung galaxy S for my birthday! But is it really a good phone and worth that price?
    Yeah and depends on your contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    Hey!!!
    It depends on your budget and with CES and MWC there are going to be shedloads of phones announced/released right across the price spectrum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Yeah and depends on your contract.
    well I am planning to go on PAYG rather than contract!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    well I am planning to go on PAYG rather than contract!
    Make sure you get at least 500MB of data allowance a month or it's not worth getting a smartphone

ReputationRep:
    would it be better to wait for the new year as better phones will be coming out, or should i get the samsung galaxy S?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    would it be better to wait for the new year as better phones will be coming out, or should i get the samsung galaxy S?
    Honestly this close to CES, I'd wait. Either you lap up the SGS for cheaper due to the all the new tech, or you get the new tech.

Still looking at the Optimus 2X. 1080P recording? Please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaph)
    Honestly this close to CES, I'd wait. Either you lap up the SGS for cheaper due to the all the new tech, or you get the new tech.

Still looking at the Optimus 2X. 1080P recording? Please.
    firstly what is CES? sorry I am not very techy.....I was also looking at the Optimus 2X isn't that out late Jan? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Damn! I manage to root my phone, but when I try to replace the .png files via NinjaMorph it ain't happening. This is well annoying, especially since I'm so close to finishing up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I only a 100mb available when I kill everything

Oh well, I will be getting a new phone this year and will probably wait till after MWC
    Just so you know task killer apps can actually in most cases be worse for the performance overall, you're much better off killing apps that run away with CPU usage for no reason for this reason I'd recommend Watchdog Lite which is available in the market for free, it keeps an eye on apps CPU usage and pops up a warning if one starts running off with it for no reason.

What os does blackberry use? I bet android is better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    What os does blackberry use? I bet android is better
    It uses BlackBerry OS.

ReputationRep:
    Every time my WiFi drops connection mobile internet turns on :lolwut:

Woke up this morning with 110% data usage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    Just so you know task killer apps can actually in most cases be worse for the performance overall, you're much better off killing apps that run away with CPU usage for no reason for this reason I'd recommend Watchdog Lite which is available in the market for free, it keeps an eye on apps CPU usage and pops up a warning if one starts running off with it for no reason.
    Oh I know that and don't actively use it. Was just saying that the only way for me to explicitly get 100MB of RAM is to kill everything

id turn of my phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    Hey guys, just picked up my Android device about a week ago and it came with a 3gb FUP.

I've been looking at my unbilled use on the My T-Mobile site and for some reason there seems to be random charges under "Mobile Data Usage". For most of the items there is a base cost, but then a billed cost of 0. But every once in a while the base cost doesn't seem to be "waived", so to say.

I haven't been out of the UK (or Scotland for that matter) since getting the phone.

Under mobile network settings I have already unchecked Data roaming. T-Mobile Internet is selected as my access point.

Where are these charges coming from and how can I stop them? It adds up to about 5 pounds now.. it's not too bad but it'll add up if I don't put a stop to this now
    I'd contact T-Mobile, tbh.

(Original post by Mad Vlad)
    I'd contact T-Mobile, tbh.
    what phone do you have vlad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Every time my WiFi drops connection mobile internet turns on :lolwut:

Woke up this morning with 110% data usage
    Chuffing hell... were you downloading video in 1080p overnight on the WiFi or something? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    what phone do you have vlad
    A heavily modded ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco), though I may consider an upgrade if there's anything outstanding coming out of CES.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.