Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Maybe they are waiting for a SenseUI of 1.6, to save people wiping their phones twice?

EDIT(what I actually came here to talk about ):
    I can no longer use my iPod propery, everytime I want to go back a page I aim for a button near my thumb but there is none. It makes so much more sense to have this many buttons than to have a touch button on the other end of the phone :/
    Nah, cos they have already done it and tested it, it is out on orange and other just T-Mo thinking that they need to do additional testing

ReputationRep:
    Problem. My hero froze today and I had to turn it off. now the Facebook app wont work properly and the rollerball keeps flashing. Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Problem. My hero froze today and I had to turn it off. now the Facebook app wont work properly and the rollerball keeps flashing. Help?
    I can't help with the flashing but facebook app isn't working properly for anyone (it justloads the profile page) check the app comments in the market if apps bust and usually someone else will have commented about the same problem.

ReputationRep:
    I want my ball to flash all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I want my ball to flash all the time

ReputationRep:
    It seems to have sorted itself

ReputationRep:
    Tv guide and London tube are nice apps. Just downloaded task killer too. Never realised how many programmes stay open.

ReputationRep:
    Tv guide and London tube are nice apps. Just downloaded task killer too. Never realised how many programmes stay open.
    It's a beast of a backgrounder, which in most cases is good, but then again it slows you down massively if you go crazy on it.

ReputationRep:
    Should I buy the gensoid app? The Market has no good games really so this could be worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Should I buy the gensoid app? The Market has no good games really so this could be worth it?
    IIRC it currently doesn't support the Hero (not having the keyboard etc)
    Gambeoid works tho. Movement with ball and 5 buttons (ball, volumes, search and back)

You can get it without paying tho, if you want :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, i'm seriously considering picking up the Hero in the near future but i have a few questions:

1) What's the best contract around at the moment for it (say 400mins/Unlimited Texts/Decent Data Allowance)

2) Coming from a very old Nokia 2600, how natural is the switch from Keypad to touchscreen for those who had to do something similar?

3) I'll probably be using it to complement my netbook, although my netbook OS is WinXP - is the necessary software and such fully workable in XP?

Many thanks, the Hero just looks damn sexy and far more intuitive than the iPhone (with its rubbish battery life) which is why i'm seriously considering it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Hey all, i'm seriously considering picking up the Hero in the near future but i have a few questions:

1) What's the best contract around at the moment for it (say 400mins/Unlimited Texts/Decent Data Allowance)

2) Coming from a very old Nokia 2600, how natural is the switch from Keypad to touchscreen for those who had to do something similar?

3) I'll probably be using it to complement my netbook, although my netbook OS is WinXP - is the necessary software and such fully workable in XP?

Many thanks, the Hero just looks damn sexy and far more intuitive than the iPhone (with its rubbish battery life) which is why i'm seriously considering it
    1) Anywhere from £20-£25 (depending where and how you purchase it) gets you 600 mins/unlim txts and 500MB (more than enough).

2) I came from the SE K800i and was against touchscreens (I expected most to be unresponsive and not as good as the iPod touch keyboard), I was pleasently surprised

3) What else would it run on, lol? The software has a view avoidable issues with Vista/7, but AFAIK it runs flawlessly in XP.

When you get it, make sure you update it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)

Orange do the Dolphin 35 contract for 25 a month if you call them up (900 mins, unlimited texts, 500MB internet) with the phone at £48.

A word of warning though, the battery life isn't brilliant at all. If you use a load of 3G, camera and play games all day it'll probably last you one at the most.

ReputationRep:
    T mobile is better. 800 mins, unlimited texts and net with free phone.

ReputationRep:
    T mobile is better. 800 mins, unlimited texts and net with free phone.
    For what price?

and what colour phone is it? (No biggie, but graphite is just awesome )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    For what price?

and what colour phone is it? (No biggie, but graphite is just awesome )
    It's 35 so more expensive but no net limit. It's in a nice black. I didn't like the granite colour. Free phone too.

ReputationRep:
    It's 35 so more expensive but no net limit. It's in a nice black. I didn't like the granite colour. Free phone too.
    Think its probably the same - more of a gun metal grey?

35 is £120 more expensive a year though!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, one annoying thing - I swear I could text people in landscape mode a few days ago...and now when I tip my phone sideways it doesn't react at all?

Works most of the time on internet though...odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Okay, one annoying thing - I swear I could text people in landscape mode a few days ago...and now when I tip my phone sideways it doesn't react at all?

Works most of the time on internet though...odd.
    Hmmm, I can?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    1) Anywhere from £20-£25 (depending where and how you purchase it) gets you 600 mins/unlim txts and 500MB (more than enough).

2) I came from the SE K800i and was against touchscreens (I expected most to be unresponsive and not as good as the iPod touch keyboard), I was pleasently surprised

3) What else would it run on, lol? The software has a view avoidable issues with Vista/7, but AFAIK it runs flawlessly in XP.

When you get it, make sure you update it.
    I didn't think there was any software you had to have just need explorer to move files over

There is this coming out soon though http://www.markspace.com/products/an...c-android.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.