Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caseyhayes)
    Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I hard reset my HTC Wildfire and since then it won't connect to mobile internet. It says the APN is incorrect, and when I went to see the APN it says Vodafone PAYG but I'm on Pay Monthly...
    any ideas guys?
    Try changing it manually, settings should be

APN: internet
    Username: web
    Password: web

ReputationRep:
    Hey, with the PSX4Droid, how does it handle changing the discs in games like Final Fantasy? Or is that not an option. It would just be a bit rubbish running through the whole of the first disc and not being able tog on onto disc 2.

ReputationRep:
    Woah, the Wiimote app is so good for playing Mario with. The on-screen touchpad is one of the most horrible things I have ever used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Yeah, your bank will usually charge commission for any transaction in foreign currency
    HSBC doesn't afaik, their conversation rates might be a bit higher but I've never been charged for buying things abroad or off the app market. Some banks do though...Google should really sort it out.

ReputationRep:
    Problem with my X10

I got the unlock pattern wrong a few times, and now the only way I can get back into my phone, is by entering my google mail account, problem is, I don't have one! I tried my other e-mail address and it still didn't work, so I created a google mail account and I still can't get on.

I have phoned o2 and they were very unhelpful and offered me no advice.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello oh)
    Try changing it manually, settings should be

APN: internet
    Username: web
    Password: web
    Thanks, I tried resetting to default and it worked. No idea how it happened though.

Is it on carphone warehouse?

ReputationRep:
    No o2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan-Scotland)
    Problem with my X10

I got the unlock pattern wrong a few times, and now the only way I can get back into my phone, is by entering my google mail account, problem is, I don't have one! I tried my other e-mail address and it still didn't work, so I created a google mail account and I still can't get on.

I have phoned o2 and they were very unhelpful and offered me no advice.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?
    Is your phone registered to a Google account even if it's not got an @gmail.com/googlemail.com suffix? If so, put in your username and password into this form:
    https://www.google.com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Get rom gripper. Then you'll be able to play. Use rom gripper, download the rom, then click play once downloaded.

Battery life is a bit pants the first couple of times you use the phone, but it lasts longer after a couple of battery cycles.

Any more Q's about the desire, just ask.
    On the Desire, the right side of my touch screen has stopped working, any reason what could be wrong? and would I be able to send it for repairs for free, it's not been a year yet
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    On the Desire, the right side of my touch screen has stopped working, any reason what could be wrong? and would I be able to send it for repairs for free, it's not been a year yet
    That's a hardware fault you need to send that to HTC for a repair, and yeah it'll be free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    That's a hardware fault you need to send that to HTC for a repair, and yeah it'll be free.
    Cheers! Would they also be kind enough to fix any scratches, or am I pushing my luck? :giggle:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Cheers! Would they also be kind enough to fix any scratches, or am I pushing my luck? :giggle:
    I don't think they would because only the digitizer needs replacing, but you never know :ahee:

How much on O2?

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop. Worms is coming to Android! It's on version 0.0.1.5 at the mo which has been leaked on the internets...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just got Orange San Francisco!

Advice on good mods etc?

Don't want all the rubbishy orange stuff which'll just slow the phone down!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Just got Orange San Francisco!

Advice on good mods etc?

Don't want all the rubbishy orange stuff which'll just slow the phone down!
    Not much out there yet for the ol' ZTE Blade I'm afraid. Keep an eye out on XDA though!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Not much out there yet for the ol' ZTE Blade I'm afraid. Keep an eye out on XDA though!
    Shall do.

Best way to flash phone? Not sure if it's an OLED or TFT screen yet (still charging)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Shall do.

Best way to flash phone? Not sure if it's an OLED or TFT screen yet (still charging)
    Whatever they suggest! :awesome: I've never really used the SanFran, so I can't really comment much on it, more just point you to XDA and tell you that they probably know best! :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Whatever they suggest! :awesome: I've never really used the SanFran, so I can't really comment much on it, more just point you to XDA and tell you that they probably know best! :p:
    Ha ha thanks :P At the min I'm just drooling over all the customised lockscreens

Rather taken by this pacman one

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.