Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Android OS watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I didn't think there was any software you had to have just need explorer to move files over

There is this coming out soon though http://www.markspace.com/products/an...c-android.html
    HTC Sync and HTCs PC side app installer.
    Not Android programs, HTC specifics AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    HTC Sync and HTCs PC side app installer.
    Not Android programs, HTC specifics AFAIK.
    Ah right, I've not bothered with that

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I've not bothered with that
    It's a struggle to find the driver to make it work on Vista/7 right now anyway. It sync outlook email/contacts etc. I never use it.
    I used the app installer a few times, until I realised it can be done natively.

ReputationRep:
    what are the best settings for video encoding for HTC hero? e.g. the FPS?

I have a few videos with high FPS (HD) and they don't play (green screen). audio is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoaaron)
    what are the best settings for video encoding for HTC hero? e.g. the FPS?

I have a few videos with high FPS (HD) and they don't play (green screen). audio is fine.
    Try using Videora iPod Converter and 'iPod Touch 2nd Generation' settings... It works fine for .avi's but I'm not sure about .mkv's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    Problem. My hero froze today and I had to turn it off. now the Facebook app wont work properly and the rollerball keeps flashing. Help?
    You have a notification, like a missed call or a new text or email.

Have you found you can drag the top of the screen down yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You have a notification, like a missed call or a new text or email.

Have you found you can drag the top of the screen down yet?
    Yep.

Still loving it!

ReputationRep:
    I writing a big blog post of all the stuff I love and hate about the phone but I can't find a decent wordpress application

ReputationRep:
    Just write it in here, wizard :P

ReputationRep:
    I writing a big blog post of all the stuff I love and hate about the phone but I can't find a decent wordpress application
    HATE??!?!?1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    HATE??!?!?1
    A lack of Wordpress apps, for one! :p:

ReputationRep:

I just passed on, and skipped it, in the ADC2 app too!
    It had Wordpress in the name, so it should be easy to find if its actually in the market..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there is a good one called wpToGo but the save feature works once but if you come back and edit it and save it again it is a bit temperamental. The iPhone wordpress app is brilliant but made inhouse by wordpress. I'm waiting for them to make an android one but until them I'll probably just type it up in some notes application and copy it over to an email when done then

ReputationRep:
    can ppl on the hero list what contracts they are on?

ReputationRep:
    Orange - dolphin 35 for 25 a month. 900 mins, unlimited texts and 500MB monthly internet. 48 for the phone as well

ReputationRep:
    Orange - Dolphin 30 for 25 a month. 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb montly internet. 48 for the phone.

ReputationRep:
    the monthly internet includes free wifi i.e u get free wifi networks to connect to?

ReputationRep:
    will this memory card work with the hero: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-8GB-...4923397&sr=8-2

and is it the cheapest available?

ReputationRep:
    If i want to update the phone do i just get htc sync, download the update and load it onto SD card? after having backed everything up of course. And it will still be on warranty right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daman2)
    will this memory card work with the hero: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-8GB-...4923397&sr=8-2

and is it the cheapest available?
    Yes, but I'm not going price hunting for you. I have the same card in mine.

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    If i want to update the phone do i just get htc sync, download the update and load it onto SD card? after having backed everything up of course. And it will still be on warranty right?
    I'm not sure you even have to load it to the SD card yourself tbh. You will keep your warranty though... Unlike us MoDaCo users!

I'm on Racoon 40, paying £35, 18 months, 12 mins, 500txts, 500mb, free phone.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.