Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Been using Dolphin HD for the past 2 days and I'm very impressed, love the gestures and generally it's smoother than the Android one.

Worth me switching over to Mini?

ReputationRep:
    Brb playing infinity blade and Rage HD on the beautiful retina display of my iPhone 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Brb playing infinity blade and Rage HD on the beautiful retina display of my iPhone 4.

I ain't even mad :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Why would you come in just to post that?

Last time I checked there wasn't any movement to have these games ported over in any way. I can assure you I haven't lost any sleep whatsoever over not having these two games.

(Original post by G8D)
    I was under the impression that Gameboid could run older Gameboy games? If it does she's better to just have the one app instead of the two.
    I Googled one time, and apparently GBCoid uses something different from Gameboid, so Gameboid can only play GBA games and GBCoid can play GBC and GB games :proud:

This one time, I tried going up to 710 MHz lol, but things seemed to run more smoothly at 691

My keyboard seems a bit more laggy though (I've got CF 1.7.3 atm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I Googled one time, and apparently GBCoid uses something different from Gameboid, so Gameboid can only play GBA games and GBCoid can play GBC and GB games :proud:

This one time, I tried going up to 710 MHz lol, but things seemed to run more smoothly at 691

My keyboard seems a bit more laggy though (I've got CF 1.7.3 atm)
    Stable at 726 :shades:

(Original post by G8D)
    Stable at 726 :shades:
    726. Hmm. Let me try it.

729's close enough. feels good man

ReputationRep:
    I use Dolphin HD too Not tried the mini version but I was under the impression it was for phones with lower screen quality? :dontknow:

x
    Your only post in the Android OS thread and you don't think it's a bit pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only using the stock browser, which is actually pretty usable (for me) now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I use Dolphin HD too Not tried the mini version but I was under the impression it was for phones with lower screen quality? :dontknow:

Your only post in the Android OS thread and you don't think it's a bit pathetic?
    The OP said he wanted to ***** about the iPhone so I felt like *****ing about the Android, albeit more indirectly.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by estel)
    I'm only using the stock browser, which is actually pretty usable (for me) now.
    This is exactly what I said when my friend suggested I download Dolphin HD, lol I've said this whenever anyone has ever told me to replace my default with X app, pretty much every time the market app is much better. I would at least give it a go, nothing to loose right :dontknow:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The OP said he wanted to ***** about the iPhone so I felt like *****ing about the Android, albeit more indirectly.
    Ummm Okay :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Been using Dolphin HD for the past 2 days and I'm very impressed, love the gestures and generally it's smoother than the Android one.

Worth me switching over to Mini?
    What exactly are gestures?

Do you think the Desire will ever be ~£130?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by MasterJomi)
    What exactly are gestures?
    It's a feature that improves efficiency when browsing. Say for instance I want to go to my bookmarks instead of exiting my full screen mode, the going settings and then bookmarks (or whatever process it usually is). All I do is press the gesture button on my screen then with an imaginary pen I write a symbol and it will take me to bookmarks.

This can be enhanced even more. e.g. I visit engadet often so I have a gesture for it, I press the button then do an EN symbol and it will take me to the site straight away. You can configure any action in the browser to a gesture e.g. with one press of a button I can be on any preconfigured website, access any part of my settings and menu and even switch tab.

It means I never have to come out of Full screen mode.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Here's a video explaining it.

(Original post by + polarity -)
    Do you think the Desire will ever be ~£130?
    New - Not for at least 18 months time if even that
    Used - Maybe sometime next December I guess. It's been such a popular phone.

Thinking of getting a new phone?

New - Not for at least 18 months time if even that
    Used - Maybe sometime next December I guess. It's been such a popular phone.

Thinking of getting a new phone?
    Erm... I'm just anticipating my Hero becoming wholly obsolete sooner or later. I think I'd prefer the Desire to the Desire HD, and I can wait for more than a year until it's a price I'm comfortable with

ReputationRep:
    How weird that HTC desire costs slightly more than samsung galaxy s, when the samsung is slightly better.

If all goes well I'll have my S i9000 is 36 hours.

You guys are gonna have to reccommend me a load of apps n what not.

Edit: oh wait, I think I was looking at desire hd, they look so alike to me.

ReputationRep:
    It's a feature that improves efficiency when browsing. Say for instance I want to go to my bookmarks instead of exiting my full screen mode, the going settings and then bookmarks (or whatever process it usually is). All I do is press the gesture button on my screen then with an imaginary pen I write a symbol and it will take me to bookmarks.

This can be enhanced even more. e.g. I visit engadet often so I have a gesture for it, I press the button then do an EN symbol and it will take me to the site straight away. You can configure any action in the browser to a gesture e.g. with one press of a button I can be on any preconfigured website, access any part of my settings and menu and even switch tab.

It means I never have to come out of Full screen mode.

Oh right I see. Some of the functions are probably just quicker pressing the button on the touch screen but I can see how it can be quite handy.

Is there an option of importing bookmarks onto it?

And if you know, what's the difference between the Dolphin Mini and Dolphin HD?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh right I see. Some of the functions are probably just quicker pressing the button on the touch screen but I can see how it can be quite handy.

Is there an option of importing bookmarks onto it?

And if you know, what's the difference between the Dolphin Mini and Dolphin HD?
    When I installed it it just had all my bookmarks already in the browser so I'm assuming it does it automatically. I have no idea what the difference is but I imagine the mini version is very light weight so won't have all the features of the HD version. I've heard it's very fast though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.