Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I ammm. I have boobies and womanly parts.

But secretly deep down I'm a man. I am quite a technological girl you see. I was brought up playing games like Street Fighter 2 on SNES and Mario Kart on N64 and helping my brother building his computer with him whilst I was 11 or 12

Aye I saw that with a video from the website last night.
    Fair play, I didn't watch the video. I think I gave swiftkey a go and I didn't like it that much. Stuck to Smart keyboard pro cos I found it easier. Might try Swiftkey again though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Just trying out opera mini. Gotta say overall, the default browser is better.

This feels a tad slower, and the zoom in and out is a lot less smooth.

Probably worst of all it hasn't got flash player
    Dolphin browser HD = best

Opera Mobile and Firefox beta aren't ready yet, so dolphin is the way to go.

also CoolReader is a pretty nifty app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Fair play, I didn't watch the video. I think I gave swiftkey a go and I didn't like it that much. Stuck to Smart keyboard pro cos I found it easier. Might try Swiftkey again though...
    which theme do you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    which theme do you use?
    The Android theme, just cos imo it looks the best.

ReputationRep:
    Dolphin browser HD = best

Opera Mobile and Firefox beta aren't ready yet, so dolphin is the way to go.

also CoolReader is a pretty nifty app
    I'll check that out now, ill update with my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Android newb here, got a Desire Z a couple of months ago and so far I've just been installing apps and whatnot on it. What else can I do, and how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    Android newb here, got a Desire Z a couple of months ago and so far I've just been installing apps and whatnot on it. What else can I do, and how?

You mean there are other use for the phone apart from downloading apps?:eek:

:zomg: Mind blown!

In all seriousness though, I use it to make calls, send texts, listen to music, surf the web, play on the games I downloaded from the market.:cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pony Jack)
    For someone who has "There are 10 types of people in the world;
    those that understand binary, and those that don't." in their sig you're not a very good nerd

Dunno what you want us to say though tbh, what do you want the phone to do cos I'm sure it would surprise you

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    You mean there are other use for the phone apart from downloading apps?:eek:

:zomg: Mind blown!

In all seriousness though, I use it to make calls, send texts, listen to music, surf the web, play on the games I downloaded from the market.:cute:
    Do you like the free ones?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed the stupid amount of lag when trying to send texts with a full inbox (4000+ messages)? I'm up to a 30 second delay before being able to send and because of the amount of messages trying to delete any of them crashes the messages application.

Use a new texting app
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I've just been using the normal texting stuff and normal keyboard...how dull!

ReputationRep:
    Handcent :shades:

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I've just been using the normal texting stuff and normal keyboard...how dull!
    Swift key on a touch screen is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Do you like the free ones?
    Free games, or apps? If games yes. Especially untangle me. What a b*tch of a game *grumbles*

(Original post by G8D)
    Handcent :shades:
    Second

It is. It's amazing. All hail Swift key :adore:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Might try it out

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask what's so good about SwiftKey and also, what the difference is between the free and paid versions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Might try it out
    swiftkey sucks. smart keyboard pro is the way to go

(Original post by Sam1309)
    Can I ask what's so good about SwiftKey and also, what the difference is between the free and paid versions?
    swiftkey is like you type a letter and it selects a word its much quicker than typing
    The free version just doesn't rip you off
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    swiftkey sucks. smart keyboard pro is the way to go
    don't say that...i'm downloading swiftkey atm!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.