Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1309)
    Can I ask what's so good about SwiftKey and also, what the difference is between the free and paid versions?
    Swift Key = http://www.swiftkey.net/what-is-swiftkey.html there you go. Explains there. Basically you type a letter for example ..
    H and it gives you 3 options Hello, Hey or Hi (if they are your most commonly used words) and they they just cut down on how much keys you need to tap for sending text etc. Godsend for long gigantic texts really.
    Free allows you to use it for a limited trial period.
    Paid lets you keep the app forever

ReputationRep:
    swype is still better.

ReputationRep:
    Never got Swype, its not really suited to users with big toe thumbs like myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    swype is still better.
    How so?

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    Swift Key = http://www.swiftkey.net/what-is-swiftkey.html there you go. Explains there. Basically you type a letter for example ..
    H and it gives you 3 options Hello, Hey or Hi (if they are your most commonly used words) and they they just cut down on how much keys you need to tap for sending text etc. Godsend for long gigantic texts really.
    Free allows you to use it for a limited trial period.
    Paid lets you keep the app forever
    I'll give it a read, I am poor though so might have to get something else that's free

ReputationRep:
    I'll give it a read, I am poor though so might have to get something else that's free
    Not sure how much it is now.. I paid 69p for mine when I got it a while back *smug*
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I would definitely try Chomp Sms, I preferred it to Handcent.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Not sure how much it is now.. I paid 69p for mine when I got it a while back *smug*
    £1.25 at the min (january sale)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    After using both Swype and Swift I'd say Swype was better in the short term and Swift definitely in the long term. Swype can be very inaccurate sometimes and extremely frustrating, sometime i'd find myself sywping 5 or 6 times trying to get a word which it then wouldn't get. Swype is fun but whenever I had big texts to send I always felt like 'Oh damn somewhere a long this text it's going to mess up'.

ReputationRep:
    How so?

It's pretty fast once you get the hang of it.

The guinness world record for fastest text type up, was done by swype.

This post was done in like one min, through swype.

ReputationRep:
    Go SMS is a pretty handy one too imo...not tried Chomp SMS though :K:

Whats it called when you type diagonally by sliding your fingers over the keyboard :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Whats it called when you type diagonally by sliding your fingers over the keyboard :confused:
    Swype
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    So far swiftkey is not the best thing since sliced bread...it's not predicting my words correctly a lot of the time and keeps trying to make me say Braithwaite?!

Guess it gets better the longer you use it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    8pen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    So far swiftkey is not the best thing since sliced bread...it's not predicting my words correctly a lot of the time and keeps trying to make me say Braithwaite?!

Yup. First off it doesn't know what words you use the most. After a while, it predicts correctly which words you'll want to start off a text for example.

ReputationRep:

Haha

Anyway, I don't have it but it gets better the longer you use it, that's how it works.

ReputationRep:
    I'm using Go sms atm, with my colour customised inbox and the iPhone style message layout. Using the stock Compact QWERTY keyboard, it's pretty decent and quite fast with predictions on. Might have to try some of the others I've been hearing about.

Just got my first paid app. The Gameboid GBA emulator. I'm in love.

ReputationRep:

Told you!

Smart keyboard pro is the way to go
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yup. First off it doesn't know what words you use the most. After a while, it predicts correctly which words you'll want to start off a text for example.

(Original post by Installation)
    Haha

Anyway, I don't have it but it gets better the longer you use it, that's how it works.

(Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Told you!

It's at least predicting when I want to finish texts!!

I'm also ending up with a lot of extra spaces

I'll keep trying for a while then see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Told you!

Is it not similar? Looks like it is when I googled it.

It's at least predicting when I want to finish texts!!

I'm also ending up with a lot of extra spaces

I'll keep trying for a while then see
    Umm if I remember correctly when you tap on the word you don't need to tap space. It makes spaces for you. Also a nice hint swipe the keyboard backwards to delete the word.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.