Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I think all us Hero owners came here to do at least one post! :five:
    Lol that's true. It's fun, can't wait to pass the boring lecture times on this once university starts haha

ReputationRep:
    Yea the switches are amazing, my mum has one screen full of switches :p:

There are two great appy by Google Inc in the market.
    One is the voice search, which then integrates itself with Google's search engine, and it works very well I must say.
    Another one is a directory which shows all the local servies like taxis, restaurants and even parking spaces. IT works very well in my local area.
    I forgot what they are called but you can find them by searching 'google' in the market place.

ReputationRep:
    aww man I'm getting so jealous from reading this thread lol.. I think I may have to order my one sooner rather than later! My contract doesn't actually end until September 23 but I'll justify it by saying that I'm going home this weekend and I get no signal with O2 whatsoever and I'll immediately hand in my 30 day notice on August 23!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. Gotta say I'm loving the Google apps lol. Got a few questions though-
    1) what's the best IM app on the market? There are loads, and I don't know which one to choose
    2) any idea how I could set up my university email on my HTC? I've set up hotmail alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Hi guys. Gotta say I'm loving the Google apps lol. Got a few questions though-
    1) what's the best IM app on the market? There are loads, and I don't know which one to choose
    2) any idea how I could set up my university email on my HTC? I've set up hotmail alright.
    1) I used the msn messenger on it and it was good as well as the skype one, but I found the google talk was actually the best, IMO.

2) There are many ways of doing this, like clicking the mail widget and adding it manually, if you know the settings. Or even forward all your mail to your google mail account, that's the method I use myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~style)
    1) I used the msn messenger on it and it was good as well as the skype one, but I found the google talk was actually the best, IMO.

2) There are many ways of doing this, like clicking the mail widget and adding it manually, if you know the settings. Or even forward all your mail to your google mail account, that's the method I use myself.
    Thanks for suggesting the mail forwarding tip- didnt think of it that way lol
    But how do I integrate MSN/yahoo onto Google talk? All I get there is a blank field with a status bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Thanks for suggesting the mail forwarding tip- didnt think of it that way lol
    But how do I integrate MSN/yahoo onto Google talk? All I get there is a blank field with a status bar.
    Oh sorry I didn't realise you meant an IM like that. Hmmm, maybe others can help but if you used live messenger before, there is an app in the market which is quite good, you can even nudge people lol.

ReputationRep:
    Am I allowed to join your crowd with my G1? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InTomsWonderland)
    Am I allowed to join your crowd with my G1? :rolleyes:
    Of course, you're the Adam of Android.

ReputationRep:
    Of course, you're the Adam of Android.
    Phew!

And I'll seriously never go back to anything else. So pleased with the platform I can't understand how anyone would want anything different (especially not something locked and restricted by Apple).

ReputationRep:
    Phew!

And I'll seriously never go back to anything else. So pleased with the platform I can't understand how anyone would want anything different (especially not something locked and restricted by Apple).
    :five:

Also I prefer the G1 in some ways, a physical keyboard is can be useful at times.

ReputationRep:
    :five:

Also I prefer the G1 in some ways, a physical keyboard is can be useful at times.
    I definitely mainly use my phone for surfing and downloading so the keyboard was important to me and the fact that it's full (and I don't have to play much with a shift key to get symbols) is brill! Saves so much time. I hardly even text these days (and I blame Twidroid ).

ReputationRep:
    I definitely mainly use my phone for surfing and downloading so the keyboard was important to me and the fact that it's full (and I don't have to play much with a shift key to get symbols) is brill! Saves so much time. I hardly even text these days (and I blame Twidroid ).
    I tell ya something though - the predictive text on the virtual keyboard on Android is sooooo good! I was really impressed that it can understand my frantic innacurate tapping.

Glad you too have a gripe with the restricted fruity platform! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Evening guys and gals of the superior phone OS clan, how are we all?

I've found a decent app - updated first post. You should check it out if you're a music lover!

Speaking of music lovers... You may have noticed that the Hero's (probably other Android phones) don't have an EQ in the media player. I'll rep anyone who can find me a solution...coz I bloody can't!

ReputationRep:
    Evening guys and gals of the superior phone OS clan, how are we all?

I've found a decent app - updated first post. You should check it out if you're a music lover!

Speaking of music lovers... You may have noticed that the Hero's (probably other Android phones) don't have an EQ in the media player. I'll rep anyone who can find me a solution...coz I bloody can't!

Hiya- thanks for the app update
    Just wondering- what type and size of micro sd card are you using on your hero? I got the standard 2gb card in it; but I'm planning to put more music on it- so thinking if I could put an 8gb or even 16gb SD card on it; but hows that gonna render performance wise? any ideas mate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Hiya- thanks for the app update
    Just wondering- what type and size of micro sd card are you using on your hero? I got the standard 2gb card in it; but I'm planning to put more music on it- so thinking if I could put an 8gb or even 16gb SD card on it; but hows that gonna render performance wise? any ideas mate?
    Hey mate, I'm using an 8GB card in mine. It will support up to 32Gb :drool: Performance isn't bad tbf. I've got a fair amount of music now, all with album covers and it renders faster than the phonebook with only a30 odd numbers linked to Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate, I'm using an 8GB card in mine. It will support up to 32Gb :drool: Performance isn't bad tbf. I've got a fair amount of music now, all with album covers and it renders faster than the phonebook with only a30 odd numbers linked to Facebook.

Oooohhh...32GB is tempting- could put most of my ipod music on it lol; but I just searched- and could hardly find any 32GB micro sd cards- and even the 16GB cards on ebay cost around £30 :eek:
    I might just end up getting a 8GB card- honestly dont need anymore than that.

ReputationRep:
    They are expensive to be fair, its the gadget geek inside that makes me want to go for 32gb...

Also, posting from hero!

ReputationRep:
    Right- who likes my sig? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.K.B)
    Right- who likes my sig? :woo:
    Nice one :five:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.