Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2009/10...ely-on-orange/

The DEXT coming out this week already!

ReputationRep:
    when is android 1.6 out on htc hero?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daman2)
    will this memory card work with the hero: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-8GB-...4923397&sr=8-2

and is it the cheapest available?
    £5 more will get you a MUCH faster 8GB card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattjames)
    when is android 1.6 out on htc hero?
    No way to know until HTC release info about it.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference between unlimited web and unlimited wifi? Surely you need both to browse net on the hero? What is the point of unlimited web if you dont have free wifi access and hence cant connect to a sever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bds)
    Whats the difference between unlimited web and unlimited wifi? Surely you need both to browse net on the hero? What is the point of unlimited web if you dont have free wifi access and hence cant connect to a sever?
    Unlimited web is mobile internet (3G/H/Etc) It can be used, more or less, wherever you have a normal phone signal..
    WiFi does not refer to normal WiFi, it refers to special <insert network here> WiFi "hotspots" that will require a password or just need to recognise your phone. These are not always available obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    http://newsroom.orange.co.uk/2009/10...ely-on-orange/

The DEXT coming out this week already!
    I must say the DEXT looks rather sexy, looks like a more aesthetically pleasing version of the G1.

I'll wait for some reviews/spec before I consider (say in comparison to the Hero) but it does look rather cool

EDIT - The Dext has no multitouch

ReputationRep:
    Here is my post finally http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/10/htc-hero/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Here is my post finally http://chrisbramm.co.uk/2009/10/htc-hero/
    3.2 inch capacities touch screen

It's capacitive.

Also, the Hero has an intelligent memory manager built in. If you're running several apps, it'll close one to free up more memory - so the slowdown you noted won't happen.

Can't say I have the network selection box you're getting. Mind, I'm on Orange...

Edit: Regarding DEXT - It'll never touch the Hero. Though I would like a slider phone next time round. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    3.2 inch capacities touch screen

It's capacitive.

Also, the Hero has an intelligent memory manager built in. If you're running several apps, it'll close one to free up more memory - so the slowdown you noted won't happen.

Can't say I have the network selection box you're getting. Mind, I'm on Orange...

Edit: Regarding DEXT - It'll never touch the Hero. Though I would like a slider phone next time round. :yep:
    ah typo, I was typing it on the hero though but it might not be massive lag but I noticed it why typing quickly it would sort of stutter ever 15 characters at a quick speed. Hope the new rom sorts that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    ah typo, I was typing it on the hero though but it might not be massive lag but I noticed it why typing quickly it would sort of stutter ever 15 characters at a quick speed. Hope the new rom sorts that out
    :nope:

I've noticed that on TSR. I just slow down my typing when I'm online with it.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't downloaded the t mob tom yet. Is it easy? Does it really wipe everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I haven't downloaded the t mob tom yet. Is it easy? Does it really wipe everything
    It will do, yes....but...there is a solution to this problem.

ReputationRep:
    Still having annoying problems switching to landscape mode on some programs (texting/internet). Anyone else have this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Still having annoying problems switching to landscape mode on some programs (texting/internet). Anyone else have this?
    No.
    Try recalibrating the G-Sensor (Accelerometer)

ReputationRep:
    Did that and it still happens

It'll work fine most of the time and then messes up for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't the Hero just have a virtual D-Pad like the iPhone then we can get some decent games? Also, is the new rom (T-Mobile) a necessity? I don't have wireless internet for another 2 weeks and don't know if I can be bothered wiping everything to install it. Does it vastly improve the Hero?

2 weeks in and still loving it

ReputationRep:
    Why can't the Hero just have a virtual D-Pad like the iPhone then we can get some decent games? Also, is the new rom (T-Mobile) a necessity? I don't have wireless internet for another 2 weeks and don't know if I can be bothered wiping everything to install it. Does it vastly improve the Hero?

tbh I haven't noticed anything massive about it other than scrolling through the home screens is a lot nicer. That may be because I didn't back up everything so lost everything and am starting again

ReputationRep:

Doom has a virtual D-Pad. It's rubbish, but it's there! :awesome:

Also - yeah, the update makes scrolling though contacts quicker too. It just makes it a much nicer device to use.

ReputationRep:
    The Hero is perfectly balanced physically, its so cool.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.