Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Well think about the battery too. I want a phone that lasts through the day whilst I browse the internet take photos and pllay videos and talk/text people. I dont want the puny battery beong used on 720p video recording. (By the end of the day I usually have 10pcent of battery left)

I have a camera and a hd camcorder to do thos + 720p isn't really a big deal. On a side note, the nexus one and desire in custom roms can record in 720p.

Don't start about last Gen. How do you define last gen? Just because the desire hd has a bigger screen, can record in 720p natively, Dolby sound (isn't really impressive) means its a new and better generation?

But don't worry the desire hd will be outdated in a few months.

Imo with phones it doesn't matter what you get as long as it suffices YOUR needs.
    The poster is reffering to the slight hardware improvements such as the next generation snapdragon CPU and GPU. Either way the Desire HD is the same gen phone as the Galaxy S, Nexus S or Desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Well think about the battery too. I want a phone that lasts through the day whilst I browse the internet take photos and pllay videos and talk/text people. I dont want the puny battery beong used on 720p video recording. (By the end of the day I usually have 10pcent of battery left)

I have a camera and a hd camcorder to do thos + 720p isn't really a big deal. On a side note, the nexus one and desire in custom roms can record in 720p.

Don't start about last Gen. How do you define last gen? Just because the desire hd has a bigger screen, can record in 720p natively, Dolby sound (isn't really impressive) means its a new and better generation?

But don't worry the desire hd will be outdated in a few months.

Imo with phones it doesn't matter what you get as long as it suffices YOUR needs.
    Fair point, I wasnt being harsh, just I thought now the HD was basically the same price as the Desire. And the battery has massively improved since I got it. Now easily lasts a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gt-ere)
    Yes, im on VM

So Ive done that, but the internet doesnt work.
    Wow thts odd. Go on Wifi & open market. In market search for a "data toggle" or a "3g toggle", they should be widgets, that should work, otherwise try calling VM

Where can i get the best wifi hotspot in london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    Where can i get the best wifi hotspot in london
    London is a very big city.

lol whoops what do you think then? In terms of cafés etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between the HTC desire, HTC desire Z and Nexus S... either of them would be a big improvement on my getting-more-troublesome-by-the-day nokia 5800. The thing with the Nexus is I can't get it upgraded through the vodafone website so would have to wait an extra 4 months. So desire or desire Z?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I'm torn between the HTC desire, HTC desire Z and Nexus S... either of them would be a big improvement on my getting-more-troublesome-by-the-day nokia 5800. The thing with the Nexus is I can't get it upgraded through the vodafone website so would have to wait an extra 4 months. So desire or desire Z?
    Both are good phones.
    Desire Z is slightly more likely (from a generation point of view) to receive further updates, though I expect the Desire will see it to at least the iteration beyond 2.3.
    Also, is a keyboard a necessity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Both are good phones.
    Desire Z is slightly more likely (from a generation point of view) to receive further updates, though I expect the Desire will see it to at least the iteration beyond 2.3.
    Also, is a keyboard a necessity?
    I'm not too worried about the keyboard because I'm used to a touchscreen, but the specs on the desire Z seem better and it appears to have a longer battery life which I prefer. It is more expensive though :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted by the Desire Z as a placeholder until things like the Atrix come out. My iPhone 3G is literally nigh unusable, I'm so sick of it. Any other suggestions on phones?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    To be honest if I could swap my Desire HD for the Desire Z I probably would only thing keeping me back is I'm too used to the 4.3" screen, everytime I look at an iPhone 4 I can't believe it's so tiny. Yeah only reason is because I prefer physical QWERTY though the touchscreen one on the Desire HD is adequate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    London is a very big city.
    Technically, you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Just to make sure, would HTC work with Macs? I don't really want to get iphone 4, everyone's got them. It's probably the most common phone when I walk around in school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Just to make sure, would HTC work with Macs? I don't really want to get iphone 4, everyone's got them. It's probably the most common phone when I walk around in school
    I don't think there is HTC Sync for Mac, but you will still be able to transfer files back and forth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I don't think there is HTC Sync for Mac, but you will still be able to transfer files back and forth.
    That'll be similar to my nokia now then, they don't do sync with macs either. A little bit inconvenient but I can live with that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Technically, you're wrong.
    Care to elaborate?

Dont get why you didn't in the first place, you probably anticipated this question.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cz100)
    That'll be similar to my nokia now then, they don't do sync with macs either. A little bit inconvenient but I can live with that, thanks
    Believe you'll install HTC sync use it for 5 mins then realise it's a non sense piece of software. First time I used it I started syncing my music, by then about 40% I downloaded an install doubletwist, cancelled the HTC sync and never looked back.

ReputationRep:
    How often should you master reset your phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    How often should you master reset your phone?
    http://www.tested.com/news/when-you-...ry-reset/1409/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here using Kongregate Arcade at all? I've got it, seems nice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.