Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by + polarity -)
    skeen. But is Gingerbread much better than FroYo, in general?

:gah: I'm keeping it! I hadn't tried it until now, lol
    I like Gingerbread.
    But it's not massively different from Froyo in all honesty.

ReputationRep:
    From what I've read, Gingerbread just provides a load of "under the hood" optimisations etc. and not much new in the way of features/eyecandy.

So it's faster?

That's all I needed to hear.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :shades:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm done with dolphin hd.

I adnit the quality in terms of display and flexibility is so good its almost like the google chrome for mobiles.

But it significantly slower than the android browser and slows down yhe phone in general quite a bit. Very frustrating when it does that.

On a side note - from what ive learnt about cusromizing the rom, i just see much more benefits than froyo.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have Pulse?

Its just :coma: I even have TSR RSS feeds + bbc + guardian + whole lot more. Sweet app for keeping news together.

ReputationRep:
    Does the android text messaging system mess up frequently for anyone here? I've had my Desire for a couple of months now but already had quite a few problems with it; namely the order messages are sent gets muddled if you text back too quickly, sometimes it says 'no recipient specified' when trying to reply to someone, other times it says invalid number?! Could it be because I haven't deleted any text messages yet? (have ~1000)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torresisagod)
    Does the android text messaging system mess up frequently for anyone here? I've had my Desire for a couple of months now but already had quite a few problems with it; namely the order messages are sent gets muddled if you text back too quickly, sometimes it says 'no recipient specified' when trying to reply to someone, other times it says invalid number?! Could it be because I haven't deleted any text messages yet? (have ~1000)
    I've had no problem using the text messaging system, but I've been using Handcent, the only problem is on my hero that it lags slightly when opening the application but otherwise it's fine. I've also had over 1000 texts on it and it was fine too so not too sure if it just your phone or your text messaging system.

ReputationRep:
    I've flashed my SF to Fibblesan's R6 ROM and added the Gingerbread theme. It looks so good now and is running pretty well

ReputationRep:
    To those who have a nexus S

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/24/m...ents-in-all-u/

ReputationRep:
    Updated the sound drivers on my phone through the kernel. The sound quality now is actually incredible...:coma: Some of these devs deserve a prize...:yep:

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    v_v ****ing hate HTC website.

edit: Neverminds. Fixed it myself. Stupid HTC.
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    What happened?
    I tried to fix my phone via the HTC website. It was talking crap. Looked up google and viola it's all there

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    I tried to fix my phone via the HTC website. It was talking crap. Looked up google and viola it's all there
    What went wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best launcher?

is launcher pro any good?

(Original post by 101101)
    Whats the best launcher?

is launcher pro any good?
    I like LauncherPro.

ADW is meant to be good aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I like LauncherPro.

ADW is meant to be good aswell.
    Sorry to sound stupid but what are the best bits about launcher pro? and is laucher pro plus worth it?

Thanks

(Original post by 101101)
    Sorry to sound stupid but what are the best bits about launcher pro? and is laucher pro plus worth it?

Thanks
    Just the customisability. It's not suited to everyone.

Plus offers more customisation like having more colums/rows than the typical 4x4.

In all honesty just try Launcher Pro, if you like it then you will love Plus. (plus can be got for free if you know where to look )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Plus offers more customisation like having more colums/rows than the typical 4x4.

In all honesty just try Launcher Pro, if you like it then you will love Plus. (plus can be got for free if you know where to look )
    Thanks for the info, i brought plus and i agree with you. I could have got it for free but its a good app so the dev deserves something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)

Tell me about this know where to look

(Original post by jchoudhry)
    tell me about this know where to look
    BLACKDROID

:ninja:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.