Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I also use Launcher Pro and can definitely recommend it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101101)
    Sorry to sound stupid but what are the best bits about launcher pro? and is laucher pro plus worth it?

Thanks
    Im not using it now but when I did I plainly used it for the scrimmage widgets; the texting one was nice before I gotnhandacent and I liked the twitter facebook one too.

But having a new launcher is always great.

ReputationRep:
    Another LPP lover here.

ReputationRep:
    All about ADWex (ADW 1.21)

ReputationRep:
    Cronos is offline :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    The dock is the most obvious thing to mention about Launcher Pro! Besides allowing you to add a tonne of quick links, you can add functionality by using the swipe gesture too. So for example, you could tap the phone icon for the Phone, or swipe the same icon for Contacts.

Also adding various homescreen and those transition effects! Gotta love those. The widgets look pretty cool but I dont use Facebook or Twitter so no need for those.

LPP is getting an overhaul apparently. Can't wait to see how it pans out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    **** GPL-Violations.org

ReputationRep:
    Aesthetically the PSP phone looks quite nice: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/s...phone-preview/

Doubt I'd get it (due to lack of need and probable lack of dev support), but still pretty snazzy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I know

ReputationRep:
    Honeycomb SDK preview is out :eek3: :eek3:
    Blog, platform highlights (this is all aimed at developers, by the way, so they aren't necessarily end-user feature sets).

Pretty exciting. Android 3.0 apps are gooooo.

ReputationRep:
    Honeycomb looks :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Very sexh
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Aesthetically the PSP phone looks quite nice: http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/26/sony-ericsson-xperia-play-playstation-phone-preview/

Doubt I'd get it (due to lack of need and probable lack of dev support), but still pretty snazzy.
    The shiny back does look quite nice I must say though the OS does looks extremely dull. My problem is that if I ever wanted anything to slide out of my phone it would be a keyboard simply because the thickness would be justified since you would type a lot, where as a gamepad is only useful one or two times a day max. Mario looked like a much better experience than on a touch screen.

yo, Swype won't let me type. What gives?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    yo, Swype won't let me type. What gives?
    Restart the phone?

(Original post by Installation)
    Restart the phone?
    That's what I did. Apparently it's the blue box of death :K:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    That's what I did. Apparently it's the blue box of death :K:
    Hmm, no idea then. It's still in beta right? Something to tell the devs then.

ReputationRep:
    are there good HTC phones due to be released in the next few months? I've decided to stick my contract out until the summer after Vodafone surprised me by offering to pay the full amount for a replacement battery for my current phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    are there good HTC phones due to be released in the next few months? I've decided to stick my contract out until the summer after Vodafone surprised me by offering to pay the full amount for a replacement battery for my current phone
    Nothing announced.

MWC is soon though, potential for dual-core HTCs there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Nothing announced.

MWC is soon though, potential for dual-core HTCs there
    Not quite sure what they are (faster? like in computer processors?), but sounds good. Life would be so much easier if Nokia just went with Android

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.