Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people are having boot issues.

I'll leave it for a wee while :p:

(Original post by G8D)
    A lot of people are having boot issues.

I'll leave it for a wee while :p:
    Yeah I was going to wait until he got the full site back up so he can deal with all these issues swiftly :yep:

Do you think if I backed up all my installed non-system apps + settings, and then just system settings (with TB), I could restore them without any wild problems?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    If you look at the videos below the post you quoted, you'll see that Gingerbread seems to run pretty nicely on there!

I really want one now! I just watched one go for £180.

I don't want to pay £180 though
    If you can sell your hero you can recoup most of the costs and end up paying something like £80-100 which isn't too bad.

(Original post by yoyo462001)
    If you can sell your hero you can recoup most of the costs and end up paying something like £80-100 which isn't too bad.
    Yeah last night/this morning I tried to work out how much an HD2 would cost after I sold the Hero.

but it was like Troll maths or something because I thought I'd profit

I got it for £130, and they still seem to be selling for around £150

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anything about making your phone into a USB host/Slave?

I got the desire hd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedepressedchild)
    Anyone know anything about making your phone into a USB host/Slave?

I got the desire hd.
    do what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    do what?
    "It should be noted that the USB-host function allows you to play the role of server in the USB-connection, which allows you to connect different peripheral devices to the phone. For example, you can connect printers, keyboards, joysticks, etc."

http://www.htcphones.net/htc-hd2-supports-usb-host/

but thats for the hd2.

I found this for the android OS generally, you think its dodgy?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702742

ReputationRep:
    Yeah last night/this morning I tried to work out how much an HD2 would cost after I sold the Hero.

but it was like Troll maths or something because I thought I'd profit

I got it for £130, and they still seem to be selling for around £150

:beard:
    Where have you seen it for £150? You can get £91 at the Fonebank which seems to be the one of the highest amongst those trade in things, selling it on eBay seems to get you about the same? Maybe a little bit more but after eBay charges and Paypal it's probably likely to be less....

HD2 is selling for roughly £200 quite easily so you're looking at about £110 to make up the difference I guess...:K:

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Where have you seen it for £150? You can get £91 at the Fonebank which seems to be the one of the highest amongst those trade in things, selling it on eBay seems to get you about the same? Maybe a little bit more but after eBay charges and Paypal it's probably likely to be less....

HD2 is selling for roughly £200 quite easily so you're looking at about £110 to make up the difference I guess...:K:
    £91?! See here. I think the Completed Items would give you a better value, but you need to sign in for that

My phone doesn't look used at all :smug: I got it in September, on eBay, and it was a freshly refurbished phone. I quickly put on a screen protector, so it's virtually as good as new :sly:

i.e. I should be able to get ~ as much as I paid for it. Maybe more if I say it's got Gingerbread on it :ahee:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    £91?! See here. I think the Completed Items would give you a better value, but you need to sign in for that

My phone doesn't look used at all :smug: I got it in September, on eBay, and it was a freshly refurbished phone. I quickly put on a screen protector, so it's virtually as good as new :sly:

i.e. I should be able to get ~ as much as I paid for it. Maybe more if I say it's got Gingerbread on it :ahee:
    Yeah fair enough...just had a look at the completed listings :p:
    Say you get ~140 for it, take off about 3.4% + £0.20 for Paypal, another 9% for eBay...so after all that you're looking at around £120ish, probably a little bit more...

So about £80 then...

Hmm. I still haven't called Orange lol

but the HD2 becomes more appealing every hour

My Hero's been amazing though

but I want Flash and a ridonkulous screen

Does Gingerbread on the HD2 have Flash?

ReputationRep:
    I'm what you'd refer to as a bit of an Android n00b so bare with me...

I recently got the HTC Wildfire and am finding that my battery life is less than 24 hours (possibly 12-14 hours tops) and this is without any major usage. The only app that I have "on" all the time is gmail but I doubt this would drain the battery as rapidly as it does? Is this standard Android/Wildfire battery performance or do you guys reckon it's a battery/handset issue?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by n_251)

I recently got the HTC Wildfire and am finding that my battery life is less than 24 hours (possibly 12-14 hours tops) and this is without any major usage. The only app that I have "on" all the time is gmail but I doubt this would drain the battery as rapidly as it does? Is this standard Android/Wildfire battery performance or do you guys reckon it's a battery/handset issue?
    I get 48 hours out of it if I have the internet off except when I WANT to use the internet!

With the internet on I get 24 hours.

(Original post by n_251)

If you have Gmail on all the time, you probably have cellular data on all the time. This is bound to use your battery quickly.

I haven't tried it, but JuiceDefender might let you turn off the connection when it's not needed, but turn it back on when Gmail wants to sync. :beard:

I just remembered a dream I must've had this morning! I told my dad I was thinking of getting the HD2, then he said I should go for it, as long as he gets my Hero.

A sign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    the best option for a broke mofo like me

BUT will android run on it as smoothly as it would on a native android phone though?
    If you're broke, try buying second hand off cex.co.uk. Android devices are like £100 cheaper than rrp if they're in mint condition. For a HD2, it's a really good phone. There's something there that'll make you be able to tell the phone wasn't built for android, but you can't really figure out what it is, it's just something. It runs smoothly enough though.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This makes me very happy, if the HD2 is going for £200+ nearly a year a half after being released with an awful OS then my DHD should be able to go for £300 end of this year, or around that I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    This makes me very happy, if the HD2 is going for £200+ nearly a year a half after being released with an awful OS then my DHD should be able to go for £300 end of this year, or around that I guess.
    Yeah that's one of the reasons I ordered my Desire Z rather than waiting for the dual cores. Means I'm in no rush to get a new phone, and can wait to see what the best stuff that comes out is - and when it does I can flog the DZ.

ReputationRep:
    Really want an HD2

ReputationRep:
    Any HD2 can be hacked/Androided with ease, right?

Answer within an hour preferable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.