(Original post by + polarity -)
    Don't blame Android, blame Three :w00t:

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously though, you'll love FroYo

I myself will hopefully be trying out Gingerbread in a few days :ahee:
    Thing is, it's taken me three months to tinker with my phone as it was to the point that I was happy with it..

(Original post by Kenny_uk)
    Thing is, it's taken me three months to tinker with my phone as it was to the point that I was happy with it..
    Back up your stuff before the update comes?

You should be able to restore your apps and most of your settings afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Back up your stuff before the update comes?

You should be able to restore your apps and most of your settings afterwards!
    Aye have done, I think I should of chosen a higher range phone than my wildfire...

Aye have done, I think I should of chosen a higher range phone than my wildfire...
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Well I use my phone a lot, and I've found it to be really slugish, the touch screen a bit unresponsive and a fair number of crashes and other problems, for example: Recently I was making a phone call near my house when I was disconnected, fair enough, I'll call them back. However now It refuses to dial any number or send a message, even though it's displaying full signal, forcing me to do a full reset in order to have it correctly function again. this has repeated itself about eight times recently and my mum who has the same phone has had similar issues.

Well I use my phone a lot, and I've found it to be really slugish, the touch screen a bit unresponsive and a fair number of crashes and other problems, for example: Recently I was making a phone call near my house when I was disconnected, fair enough, I'll call them back. However now It refuses to dial any number or send a message, even though it's displaying full signal, forcing me to do a full reset in order to have it correctly function again. this has repeated itself about eight times recently and my mum who has the same phone has had similar issues.
    :console: It sounds like a software issue. It's possible that the Froyo update will fix all of these things

But there is so much more you can do if you're willing to void your warranty

Join me up please. Already sent my request

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'd like to see this thread become the hub for Android discussion. We talk apps and games, provide support when needed and ***** about the iPhone and it's Apple governed market place! :p:

Join the Android Soc!
    Maybe edit this post and start a list of apps for android newbies to download instead of constantly asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Maybe edit this post and start a list of apps for android newbies to download instead of constantly asking?
    I've added a link to app brain and ?!master?!mini?!'s list from a fortnight ago. If anything else is worth putting there, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Just got this email:

We hope you have enjoyed your free trial and that you want to carry on. You can click on this link http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/mobilemail/ from your phone to see our latest offers and buy a Mobile Mail extra for just a few pounds per month or call customer service on 150 from your Orange phone if you’re a pay monthly personal customer, 450 if you’re a pay as you go customer, or 345 if you’re a business customer.

Without an extra or mobile email inclusive on your plan the service will stop working.
    Please check http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/mobilemail/ from your Orange phone for more details and FAQs on Mobile Mail

We hope you enjoy using Mobile Mail.

Orange
    So wtf?! I have to pay extra to received e-mails to my phone? If thats the case what bull****! It was free when I was using blackberry ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Just got this email:

So wtf?! I have to pay extra to received e-mails to my phone? If thats the case what bull****! It was free when I was using blackberry ffs.
    It's free for me three

Someone with an Orange phone want to tell me how their APN is set up?

I've followed the ones that I could find online but only data works. MMS does not work and I have too reboot to get data working again after attempting to receive an MMS :/
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    Someone with an Orange phone want to tell me how their APN is set up?

I've followed the ones that I could find online but only data works. MMS does not work and I have too reboot to get data working again after attempting to receive an MMS :/
    My APN is Orange UK which is the default...

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    My APN is Orange UK which is the default...
    I need the info within the APN, not just the title.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    I need the info within the APN, not just the title.
    Name: Orange UK
    APN: orangeinternet
    Proxy: <not set>
    Port: <not set>
    Username: <not set>
    Password: <not set>
    Server: <not set>
    MMSC: <not set>
    MMS Proxy: <not set>
    MMS port: <not set>
    MCC: 234
    MNC: 33
    Authentification type: <not set>
    APN type: deafult,supl

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Name: Orange UK
    APN: orangeinternet
    Proxy: &lt;not set&gt;
    Port: &lt;not set&gt;
    Username: &lt;not set&gt;
    Password: &lt;not set&gt;
    Server: &lt;not set&gt;
    MMSC: &lt;not set&gt;
    MMS Proxy: &lt;not set&gt;
    MMS port: &lt;not set&gt;
    Authentification type: &lt;not set&gt;
    APN type: deafult,supl
    That doesn't include the MMS settings :/
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)
    That doesn't include the MMS settings :/
    I have an MMS APN too...

Name: Orange UK MMS
    APN: orangemms
    Proxy: 192.168.224.101
    Port: 8080
    Username: Orange
    Password: ********
    Server: <not set>
    MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk
    MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.010
    MMS port: 8080
    Authentification type: <not set>
    APN type: mms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    And was the battery pretty bad after that? I get around 1% drain overnight so you shouldn't be getting that much drain overnight
    II don't know; my phone loses power readily because of all of the widgets I have running in the background; I get about 7 hours usage out 999it regularly though; overclocked to 1.28 and undervolted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    II don't know; my phone loses power readily because of all of the widgets I have running in the background; I get about 7 hours usage out 999it regularly though; overclocked to 1.28 and undervolted.
    I've got quite a few widgets but I still get really good battery life without OC/UV...7 hours is poor though unless its always under heavy use. I can get 36 hours easily out of it with moderate use...

The only kernel that allows OC/UV on my phone is a CWM 3.0 one so I'm not too eager to try it out tbh...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    GUYS there's an in browser Android market! It's pretty cool you can download from your PC and it will download on your phone OTA. Lol it already knows what I have and haven't got installed!

https://market.android.com/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.