Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "You attempted to reach market.android.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.google.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of market.android.com. You should not proceed."

Oh Chrome, y u no smart
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    "You attempted to reach market.android.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as *.google.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of market.android.com. You should not proceed."

Oh Chrome, y u no smart
    Yeah I got that from Chrome, ironic chrome doesn't think google is trustworthy.

Maybe Google is paranoid because Microsoft have been stealing from it :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Yeah I got that from Chrome, ironic chrome doesn't think google is trustworthy.
    lmfao
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wow such double standards from engdaget. They give the Desire HD a low 7/10 because it had no wow factor like the original Desire/Droid incredible yet they give the Verizon iPhone 9/10 despite is being exactly the same phone :indiff:

I can't believe they put 'its an iphone' as a positive. :facepalm: Those guys are such apple fanboys.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a sudden realisation, the app I was using to receive was an orange app (its an phone) I guess I was using a free trial not realising?

Can anyone suggest app thats good for receiving mail (hotmail).

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have a couple of questions:

a) I have a HTC desire and the battery life is rubbish. I don't use my phone excessively either. Is it normal to be charging it every other day and are there any tips for improving the battery life?

b) I've been lurking on this thread and have read about the Swype app but whenever I search the Market for it, it isn't there. Is it only available via PC download and not mobile?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Mickie112)
    Hi guys, I have a couple of questions:

a) I have a HTC desire and the battery life is rubbish. I don't use my phone excessively either. Is it normal to be charging it every other day and are there any tips for improving the battery life?

b) I've been lurking on this thread and have read about the Swype app but whenever I search the Market for it, it isn't there. Is it only available via PC download and not mobile?
    :rofl: I have to charge my phone every night without fail! Every other day is amazing for any smart phone these days. You have to sign up to the swype beta to use it, it's not in the market usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I've had a sudden realisation, the app I was using to receive was an orange app (its an phone) I guess I was using a free trial not realising?

Can anyone suggest app thats good for receiving mail (hotmail).
    I swear android phones come with gmail app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    Most Android devices do, but not all. Should be able to find GMail on the market though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I've just found this thread and I'm hoping you can help me out

I can upgrade my phone in about 2 months ish . I've had the orginal google g1 for about 2 years now and can't imagaine getting a new phone that isnt android . I love android and my phone still after 2 years :love:

Thing is I haven't really kept up to date with what is happening in the android world and need some advice on what phones there are that are android .

I like the htc Desire that my dad has at the moment but thats the only android phone I know of

So what phones are there ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmed1309)
    Hey everyone

I've just found this thread and I'm hoping you can help me out

I can upgrade my phone in about 2 months ish . I've had the orginal google g1 for about 2 years now and can't imagaine getting a new phone that isnt android . I love android and my phone still after 2 years :love:

Thing is I haven't really kept up to date with what is happening in the android world and need some advice on what phones there are that are android .

I like the htc Desire that my dad has at the moment but thats the only android phone I know of

So what phones are there ?
    In two months there'll be:

Motorolla Atrix (nVidia Tegra 2 Dual Core / laptop & PC dock / 1080p video)
    LG Optimus 2X (nVidia Tegra 2 Dual Core / 1080p video )
    LG Optimus 3D (Glasses free 3D screen / Rumoured dual core)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation phone)
    and possibly a HTC dual core phone.

Keep your eyes out for World Mobile Congress coming up soon. It's a good place to start looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    In two months there'll be:

Motorolla Atrix (nVidia Tegra 2 Dual Core / laptop & PC dock / 1080p video)
    LG Optimus 2X (nVidia Tegra 2 Dual Core / 1080p video )
    LG Optimus 3D (Glasses free 3D screen / Rumoured dual core)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (PlayStation phone)
    and possibly a HTC dual core phone.

Keep your eyes out for World Mobile Congress coming up soon. It's a good place to start looking.
    Thanks

I'm not a fan of LG , 2 of their phones randomly broke on me ! But the rest of the phones listed sound interesting , especially the concept of a phone with dual core ! It's amazing I think that they can put computer technology such as dual core into a phone.

I shall definitely keep my eyes out for the World Mobile Congress and keep up with android news , so I actually have some idea of what I'm looking for when I upgrade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charmed1309)
    Thanks

I'm not a fan of LG , 2 of their phones randomly broke on me ! But the rest of the phones listed sound interesting , especially the concept of a phone with dual core ! It's amazing I think that they can put computer technology such as dual core into a phone.

I shall definitely keep my eyes out for the World Mobile Congress and keep up with android news , so I actually have some idea of what I'm looking for when I upgrade
    Good shout. Phandroid.com and Androidpolice.com are good for Android news. Engadget and Gizmodo often have some good things too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    I gmail, but I use hotmail... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    http://community.seven.com/main.php

Get SEVEN, it's a great email client that supports Hotmail.

Have you tried putting your Hotmail details into the Email (not Gmail) app?

Oh yeah, I called Orange, but they didn't have any HD2s lol. I've still got my eye on a few on eBay, but I think I'm still too happy with my Hero to give it away so soon :emog:

And did someone buy the £95 one I linked?! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Have you tried putting your Hotmail details into the Email not (Gmail)
    Yeah, that app was from from orange, (because it's an orange phone) and they sent me an email saying my trial was over or something, I put the email they sent on this thread.
    Looks like they want me to pay for it.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    http://community.seven.com/main.php

Get SEVEN, it's a great email client that supports Hotmail.
    I'll give this a try, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and Gents, require two apps from your good selves. Please recommend me:

1. A decent app to replace my MP3 player
    2. The best video player, I am sick of seeing my Samsung tell me that x format is not supported.

Cheers :kiss:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Ladies and Gents, require two apps from your good selves. Please recommend me:

1. A decent app to replace my MP3 player
    2. The best video player, I am sick of seeing my Samsung tell me that x format is not supported.

Cheers :kiss:
    I'd recommend Winamp for music.

Not sure for video.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.