Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it that Nokia are going to WP7... That could be huge for both of them!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Rumour has it that Nokia are going to WP7... That could be huge for both of them!
    I don't see that happening, it would be an ultimate 'we failed' with Symbian/Meego. WP7 is really not a lucrative avenue for most companies since it offers no way to differentiate between competitors. Essentially all the phones are the same something I think Nokia are afraid off.

Desire HD > HD2 > Desire > Hero

?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Desire HD > HD2 > Desire > Hero

?
    Disregarding screen size I'd say:
    Desire HD > all
    HD2 ~ Desire
    Hero = ****e.

(Original post by G8D)
    Disregarding screen size I'd say:
    Desire HD > all
    HD2 ~ Desire
    Hero = ****e.
    :laugh:

I was reading some threads on XDA devs a few days ago comparing the HD2 and Desire. I have the urge to get an HD2 again. :beard: Maybe it can be my birthday present :beard:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh:

I was reading some threads on XDA devs a few days ago comparing the HD2 and Desire. I have the urge to get an HD2 again. :beard: Maybe it can be my birthday present :beard:
    Based on http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=3077 I'd say that the Desire is slightly better, seeing as it has slightly more RAM and was also meant to run Android :p:

I think I'll just go ahead and buy an HD2 from eBay. I had my heart set on spending £200 but they mostly exceed this. Might have to just spend that little bit extra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Based on http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2957&i dPhone2=3077 I'd say that the Desire is slightly better, seeing as it has slightly more RAM and was also meant to run Android :p:

I think I'll just go ahead and buy an HD2 from eBay. I had my heart set on spending £200 but they mostly exceed this. Might have to just spend that little bit extra
    If you have plans on hacking and installing. A ROM on it you wont be dissapointed.

(Original post by G8D)
    Based on http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2957&i dPhone2=3077 I'd say that the Desire is slightly better, seeing as it has slightly more RAM and was also meant to run Android :p:

I don't think that much RAM is necessary , so I think I will get an HD2 too :five:

Why not? :dontknow:

I've seen some go for less than £200, so I'm just gonna keep bidding :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    If you have plans on hacking and installing. A ROM on it you wont be dissapointed.
    I know I won't be disappointed, but I didn't want to go over £200 anyway :p:
    I guess if it comes with some accessories then I can live with it. Will report back in around 17 hours

I don't think that much RAM is necessary , so I think I will get an HD2 too :five:

Why not? :dontknow:

I've seen some go for less than £200, so I'm just gonna keep bidding :yes:
    Some have gone for £180 or something, but most go to £210/20 (I know it's not much over the budget, I guess I just wasn't comitted to the idea fully at the time).
    I seen a Desire HD irl today, :sogood: The HD2 would essentially be the same but with different buttons.

ReputationRep:
    Totally underestimated whatsapp, its actually pretty good.

Didn't realise so many of my friends, even some of my best friends use it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, new here, but do you know anything about the motorola Defy?

I know other Moto phones have had a locked bootloader which sucked, but I'm not sure about this one.

I was looking at the Nexus S :coma: but jesus christ its over 400 quid. The Defy is nowhere near the speed but at 269.99 at play.com seems like a bargain for the specs.

Any experience on custom ROMs on Motorolas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Hey guys, new here, but do you know anything about the motorola Defy?

I know other Moto phones have had a locked bootloader which sucked, but I'm not sure about this one.

I was looking at the Nexus S :coma: but jesus christ its over 400 quid. The Defy is nowhere near the speed but at 269.99 at play.com seems like a bargain for the specs.

Any experience on custom ROMs on Motorolas?
    My cousin has a Defy, he seems reasonably happy with it.

AFAIK the Defy is vulnerable to the Droid 2 hack so you can install ROMs, I'm just not sure if the Defy has a large enough developer-base to provide the ROMs you'd be looking for.
    If rooting/custom ROMs are one of the main features you are looking for the Defy might not be the best option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    My cousin has a Defy, he seems reasonably happy with it.

AFAIK the Defy is vulnerable to the Droid 2 hack so you can install ROMs, I'm just not sure if the Defy has a large enough developer-base to provide the ROMs you'd be looking for.
    If rooting/custom ROMs are one of the main features you are looking for the Defy might not be the best option.
    Thanks. I'm basically seeing if its possible to get rid of some of the motoblur crap, as pretty much everyone says it's not any good and it bogs the phone down.

The price is really, really tempting, even though the CPU is a TI at 800MHz, it apparently runs a SGX530 gpu.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I'm basically seeing if its possible to get rid of some of the motoblur crap, as pretty much everyone says it's not any good and it bogs the phone down.

The price is really, really tempting, even though the CPU is a TI at 800MHz, it apparently runs a SGX530 gpu.
    I have no clue about TIs or the corresponding GPUs (most of what I know is based in Qualcomm and Adreno GPU).

It is possible to root and load ROM's, it just is not as easy as some other phones.

Research it, then decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I have no clue about TIs or the corresponding GPUs (most of what I know is based in Qualcomm and Adreno GPU).

It is possible to root and load ROM's, it just is not as easy as some other phones.

Research it, then decide
    Alright, off to xda for some reading!

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Alright, off to xda for some reading!

Thanks for your help
    Briefly looked on XDA, seems a lot easier than what I was reading (clearly old articles).

ROM selections is arguably quite small if you compare to Hero/HD2 etc, but I'm 100% sure you'd find something worth running :p:

(Original post by G8D)
    Some have gone for £180 or something, but most go to £210/20 (I know it's not much over the budget, I guess I just wasn't comitted to the idea fully at the time).
    I seen a Desire HD irl today, :sogood: The HD2 would essentially be the same but with different buttons.
    I've actually been loling in advancing about having an Android phone with a Windows key

LET'S DO IT

ReputationRep:
    I've actually been loling in advancing about having an Android phone with a Windows key

LET'S DO IT
    YES LET'S

Windows key must be Menu? No search button? Sadface.

Does the HD2 have a dedicated camera button or does it follow the typical sleek HTC mentality?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    I know I won't be disappointed, but I didn't want to go over £200 anyway :p:
    I guess if it comes with some accessories then I can live with it. Will report back in around 17 hours

I was sitting next to a girl in a lecture, she had the HD2. Even though my phone has exactly the same screen as her I was perving on it whenever she was using it and then when I was using mine I saw her looking over. I was actually in awe of her screen despite having the exact in front of me :p:

(Original post by G8D)
    YES LET's

Windows key must be Menu? No search button? Sadface.

Does the HD2 have a dedicated camera button or does it follow the typical sleek HTC mentality?
    Yeah it's Menu, I'm sure I saw it in a video

I never used the Search button

I don't see one in the pictures :dontknow:

:excited:

Should I still get Cronos GB in the meantime?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.