Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I was sitting next to a girl in a lecture, she had the HD2. Even though my phone has exactly the same screen as her I was perving on it whenever she was using it and then when I was using mine I saw her looking over. I was actually in awe of her screen despite having the exact in front of me :p:
    I do hope my plans come to light :daydreaming:

Getting the HD2 (instead of, say, the Desire HD) makes a lot of sense to me. I like hard buttons and I like having physical Call/End buttons (like my Hero).
    Capacitive buttons just annoy me no end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Yeah it's Menu, I'm sure I saw it in a video

I never used the Search button

I don't see one in the pictures :dontknow:

:excited:

Should I still get Cronos GB in the meantime?
    I think I'm going to run a fresh Titanium backup, install Elelinux GB .3 and keep it minimalist until I get a new phone. I have far too much on my phone (most likely my widgets, consider I run like 7 pages of widgets on 5 pages) and it's just soooooooooooo slow.

Really wanting an HD2 now, gonna push my budget a bit, assuming it's in good condition.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    I do hope my plans come to light :daydreaming:

Getting the HD2 (instead of, say, the Desire HD) makes a lot of sense to me. I like hard buttons and I like having physical Call/End buttons (like my Hero).
    Capacitive buttons just annoy me no end.
    I thought that before but the Cap buttons have been great so far, makes unlocking the phone a lot easier since I noticed the entire area about 1.2cm below the actual screen is capacitive, so I kind of follow through beyond the screen.

Good luck with the auctions Pol and G8D :thumbsup:

I have tried to narrow it down as much as possible.

Also.

ReputationRep:
    How much is an HD2 unlock code?

All the sites I see seem to require IMEI number before giving a price.

(Original post by G8D)
    How much is an HD2 unlock code?

All the sites I see seem to require IMEI number before giving a price.
    Maybe it's the same as for the Hero? I paid £10, but I don't know if it worked properly; I might have to change to a Modaco ROM to unlock it properly before I sell it

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's the same as for the Hero? I paid £10, but I don't know if it worked properly; I might have to change to a Modaco ROM to unlock it properly before I sell it
    You can unlock via a ROM?
    Or do you need to enter the code in another ROM?

(Original post by G8D)
    You can unlock via a ROM?
    Or do you need to enter the code in another ROM?
    You need to enter the code in another ROM to get it to work, I believe.

I tried to use another SIM card while I was on holiday but it didn't work

I got the code from Unlocking.com :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Rumour has it that Nokia are going to WP7... That could be huge for both of them!
    Not so much rumour, more just an analyst said that they should

ReputationRep:
    £200, otterbox, car charger and another 8GB SD card.

tyvm.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone recommend a HTC phone?

I was thinking of getting the HTC Desire Z because I prefer Qwerty keyboards when sending texts/emails etc...any views on this phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-User)

I was thinking of getting the HTC Desire Z because I prefer Qwerty keyboards when sending texts/emails etc...any views on this phone?
    It's quite good, apparently.

About to become old-generation though, this doesn't make it a bad phone btw :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    It's quite good, apparently.

About to become old-generation though, this doesn't make it a bad phone btw :P
    I don't think i'll be able to afford the new-gen phones when my contract ends in April tbh, so if the Desire Z is on the cheaper side, I may well decide to get the phone. I'm still in the middle of choosing either a HTC or a Blackberry. I'm a bit worried about the HTC phones and if they lag too much. The phone I have now (HTC Hero) lags way too much for my liking, and does so with my friends phone so i'm guessing this is a problem for many with the phone. I just hope this isn't the case for the newer HTC phones

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'll be able to afford the new-gen phones when my contract ends in April tbh, so if the Desire Z is on the cheaper side, I may well decide to get the phone. I'm still in the middle of choosing either a HTC or a Blackberry. I'm a bit worried about the HTC phones and if they lag too much. The phone I have now (HTC Hero) lags way too much for my liking, and does so with my friends phone so i'm guessing this is a problem for many with the phone. I just hope this isn't the case for the newer HTC phones
    I have the Hero too (for a few more days :moon:), arguably a dying phone. But the new phones are much snappier, trust me

Please don't get a BB :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:

I got one on Tuesday, I'm in love. Really snappy, responsive, has no problems playing games or multitasking. Battery is pretty good, much better than my ageing iPhone. I'm pretty good on a touchscreen keyboard having used the iPhone for the last 3 years, anddd I'm still not sure I'd use the physical keyboard full time but it is so nice having it without having a keyboard taking up half the screen.

I was waiting for the next gen, but all the stuff in the US that's being released in the month is going to take a couple of months extra to filter through here. Until something really impressive is released, I'm not too bothered. The LG2X still lags between homescreens, despite being Tegra 2, it's all poor software. I'm looking forward to seeing the HTC Pyramid and Galaxy S2 though. The DZ seems to retain its value fairly well on eBay, so my plan was to keep it until something really striking comes out.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to improve the resolution/image quality of the synced images for contacts in Android?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to get facebook pictures to come up in contacts for normal contacts app rather than htc people as I am on cm7 now.

(Original post by G8D)
    £200, otterbox, car charger and another 8GB SD card.

tyvm.
    :rofl2: Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Does anyone know how to get facebook pictures to come up in contacts for normal contacts app rather than htc people as I am on cm7 now.
    Set them to sync in Settings > Accounts, then you MAY have to manually go into some contacts and Menu > Join them.
    :rofl2: Congratulations!
    Why rofl?

(Original post by G8D)
    Why rofl?
    Because I saw the item you were talking about, yesterday. :closedeyes:

I'm not ready to part with my Hero yet. It hasn't seriously annoyed me yet, like any of my previous phones. :sigh:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.