Turn on thread page Beta

:shades:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    LG optimus 2X got a 6/10 from engagdet. I'll wait till more unbiased sources review the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    LG optimus 2X got a 6/10 from engagdet. I'll wait till more unbiased sources review the phone.
    I just read it all. And tbh based on what was written it should get like 8 or 9. The only bad thing was slow software. But the Verizon iPhone which is identical got lets recall, 9. They are a bull**** site. Used to like it but now its just the same old crap. No android phone will ever beat the iPhone on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    I just read it all. And tbh based on what was written it should get like 8 or 9. The only bad thing was slow software. But the Verizon iPhone which is identical got lets recall, 9. They are a bull**** site. Used to like it but now its just the same old crap. No android phone will ever beat the iPhone on there.
    I rarely visit anymore because:

(a) they are obsessed with the tiniest of details. It's far too geeky and they'll publish rumours galore. The comments section makes you realise the vast majority of visitors to the site are chimps.

(b) bad journalism in that they clearly favour the iPhone over anything, regardless. It's not even controversial anymore, just plain stupid and harms their credibility.

Quick news combined with threads like this and AV Forums are more than enough to keep me up to date.

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by G8D)

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
    I bet that'll get some complaints!

Why couldn't those thumbs have been green and plasticky too

I want this in a phone like... now.

That's better than my computer! :zomg:

you probably won’t be able to continue reading this post
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Cnet UK didn't give it a fantastic review and they are usually more favourable to android than engadget

(Original post by G8D)

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.
    I thought that

Wow. Be interesting to see how this plays out with Project Denver, I could imagine this and a Denver CPU going for desktops/laptops over than smartphones

I think my phone came. No one was in though

ReputationRep:
    The Optimus 2X can come with the ****tiest software in the world so long as the bootloader isn't locked for all I care.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    The Optimus 2X can come with the ****tiest software in the world so long as the bootloader isn't locked for all I care.
    Pretty much that.

Only regarding whatever the next big thing is in Q3/4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Pretty much that.

Only regarding whatever the next big thing is in Q3/4.
    I'm not going to think about that until I have a new phone! :p:

Depot closed at 12:30 today :/

Well, on the plus side I get to do delict tutorial work instead of hacking/installing Android :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Not gonna lie, my eyes popped out when I saw xperia play.

So I'm assuming its not possible to have msn or skype on the phone and have a video conversation?

(Original post by Yawn11)
    Not gonna lie, my eyes popped out when I saw xperia play.

So I'm assuming its not possible to have msn or skype on the phone and have a video conversation?
    Not sure if Skype supports video, yet. But I think Skype is exclusive to Three, which sucks.

There are other apps, no doubt.

Do I install 2.2 Sense or GB on my HD2 when it comes?!?!??!?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by G8D)
    Do I install 2.2 Sense or GB on my HD2 when it comes?!?!??!?
    Sense, because then it will be like we both have the Desire HD.

Sense, because then it will be like we both have the Desire HD.
    But the actual DHD ROMs take like... 15 mins to properly boot and I'd need to use Data2EXT which I'm a bit iffy about.

Looks pretty nice though.

EDIT: gonna GB, play about with it, CWR (with big partition), test DHD ROM.

Simples.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.