Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys use ADW launcher? Looks useful.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Any of you guys use ADW launcher? Looks useful.
    Nope still using Sense.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think HTC have kind of flopped this year with their phones. No dual core in any High end phones and no 1080p recording. The Incredible S is essentially a 4" Desire HD and the Desire S is a 3.7 inch Desire HD. In all fairness they're not really that much better than the Desire HD at all. It also seems HTC are starting to use Aluminium bodies for all their high end products.

More interesting is the ZTE skate which will be 4.3" and I imagine a very well priced phone.

ReputationRep:
    I've kind of had enough of my Hero now. I want a new phone but I still have another year of warranty on it and I don't want it to go to waste.

Damn 3 and their 2 year warranty.

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    I've kind of had enough of my Hero now. I want a new phone but I still have another year of warranty on it and I don't want it to go to waste.

Damn 3 and their 2 year warranty.
    HD2.

Do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I think HTC have kind of flopped this year with their phones. No dual core in any High end phones and no 1080p recording. The Incredible S is essentially a 4" Desire HD and the Desire S is a 3.7 inch Desire HD. In all fairness they're not really that much better than the Desire HD at all. It also seems HTC are starting to use Aluminium bodies for all their high end products.

More interesting is the ZTE skate which will be 4.3" and I imagine a very well priced phone.
    I think they've done OK, considering popularity has increased tremendously in 2010. Before that they wasn't really known, at least I never heard of them.

No surprise Samsung got award winning smart phone of the year, they made a huge jump in technology from previous smart phones. More than happy with my phone, feels like a mini laptop.

iPhone as expected made a marvelous phone, though it is far too over-priced., and lack of flash player is a big let down for me. And the bad publicity about their signal failures probably didn't help. But no denying it's a great phone.

I'm looking forward to what Nokia comes out with this year now that they've partnered up with Windows. Was a smart move, they weren't really competitive last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    HD2.

Do it.
    Get them to release a mini version and I will... I don't want a gigantic phone. Nor do I want touch screen very much either anymore =/ Think I may go half way and go for a qwerty phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)

They are waiting for qualcomm snapdragon to release their 3rd gen chip, which is MSM8660 and it will be 1.2 gHz.

Same as Sony Ericsson

edit: Sorry, it was out in q3 2010, but they need time to design and make a phone, so hopefully, q3 2011.

ReputationRep:
    Get them to release a mini version and I will... I don't want a gigantic phone. Nor do I want touch screen very much either anymore =/ Think I may go half way and go for a qwerty phone.
    Why are women generally bad at handling touch screen phones?

But have no problems with an iTouch?

Touch screens are fine though.

Maybe get some hands-on time with the OSF and consider that. It's .6 inches smaller than the HD2.

ReputationRep:
    HTC are pissing me off. I want dual core boys! I can upgrade now and they're offering me nothing exciting. GaH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    HTC are pissing me off. I want dual core boys! I can upgrade now and they're offering me nothing exciting. GaH!
    Like I said, they are waiting for qualcomm snapdragon 3rd gen chip, which is MSM8660 and it will be 1.2 gHz.

Same as Sony Ericsson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arandomname)
    Like I said, they are waiting for qualcomm snapdragon 3rd gen chip, which is MSM8660 and it will be 1.2 gHz.

Same as Sony Ericsson
    That doesn't make me any happier though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That doesn't make me any happier though! :p:
    qualcomm snapdragon dual core will be better than other dual core chips. Look at all the HTC quad tests (single core).

Fingers-crossed

ReputationRep:
    Think I might go for the LG Optimus 3D in the end. Seems powerful enough, the 3D might be lulz and after careful consideration, I don't think I'd actually ever use the Atrix docking systems. Then again, there's the SE Xperia Play which is blatantly the best device for gaming on, even though it's not too powerful. Ahh god. It was so easy when I got the Hero. It was G1, Magic or Hero or death. Now there's just so much choice... picking the right phone these days is a bloody nightmare. Mixed reviews, custom UIs, software troubles for some phones, hardware issues on others. It's a bloody landmine out there, especially with the amount of distinctly average devices out there.

I'll give Apple one thing. If you want an iPhone, you get an iPhone. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Why are women generally bad at handling touch screen phones?

But have no problems with an iTouch?
    I'm just getting used to my touch screen... It doesn't work when I have my gloves on and I keep forgetting this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoginAccount Information)
    Orange San Fransisco
    Worth getting?
    I need a new phone soon because mine is falling apart, and I can get my mum to buy it for me in uk then send it to me in usa and unlock and use it over here.
    For the cost, it's a total no-brainer. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    I'm just getting used to my touch screen... It doesn't work when I have my gloves on and I keep forgetting this.
    It won't even work if you try and do it with your nails.

It needs live flesh.

Tssk women.

When I was shopping about for phones (pre-Hero) I was told by a shop assistant that resistive screens were better than capacitive.

What a fanny.

Also, screen off animations on Gingerbread = :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been posted :

HTC Facebook phones surprise us all

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/gadge...urprise-us-all

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.