Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Quad core makes me wet.
    Very

(Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Does anyone know if GPS which comes in hc desire works internationally????

I'm in Thailand but most probably going to the UK this year but I dont know whether GPS will work in the UK or not.

If it does work, will it be free (via satellite)??

Thanksss
    You'll still be able to get your location, but you still need the internet to use the map, unless you get an offline map of some kind :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazzy-joe)
    Does anyone know if GPS which comes in hc desire works internationally????

I'm in Thailand but most probably going to the UK this year but I dont know whether GPS will work in the UK or not.

If it does work, will it be free (via satellite)??

Thanksss
    Download CoPilot for Android. It's just under 2 Gig. Uses offline maps.

ReputationRep:
    Google Maps has caching too... just scroll around the area you're going to visit and it's saved.

Aw I should've done that before I went on holiday!

duuuuudes

eduroam (the Wi-fi network) won't save after I enter the details. This is probably more a CF problem more than anything else, since I could access eduroam with CF 1.6.0, but not CF 1.7.3/1.8.0

I don't know what to do. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Yes Clicky
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    duuuuudes

eduroam (the Wi-fi network) won't save after I enter the details. This is probably more a CF problem more than anything else, since I could access eduroam with CF 1.6.0, but not CF 1.7.3/1.8.0

Full wipe then reflash I'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    all hail Nvidia SUPERMAN kal-el! 12core GPU n tegra 2 quad cores xD OMG! nw am horny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayhamz)
    all hail Nvidia SUPERMAN kel el! 12core GPU n tegra 2 quad cores xD OMG! nw am horny!
    It's a monster...

Knowing that kind of spec will be in phones by Christmas just makes me want to hold off upgrading from my trust worthy Hero that little bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    duuuuudes

I know Is this your bug? It seemed to forget credentials on 1.6.0 but I'm on 1.7.2 and it forgets them a lot less now but did'n save it at all in Cronos GB

ReputationRep:
    Just flashed CGB. Seems very quick so far.

ReputationRep:
    And the Blade/San Fran finally get's Cyanogen and a nightly build

ReputationRep:
    CM7 RC's out. Backing up and flashing now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What the heck are nightly builds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    What the heck are nightly builds?
    If it's undergoing active development, a nightly build represents the changes that have been made each day to the software, and is therefore particularly unstable.

ReputationRep:
    Got to say I am a big fan of android OS. unfortunatly I'm stuck in the pre-flash era with bloody 1.6 (donut) system.
    Big regret getting a LG. Apparently there is a 2.1 upgrade but the upgrade needs to be upgraded for my device. Pain in the arse.

Still, it beats Apple and their app store.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBojangles)
    Got to say I am a big fan of android OS. unfortunatly I'm stuck in the pre-flash era with bloody 1.6 (donut) system.
    Big regret getting a LG. Apparently there is a 2.1 upgrade but the upgrade needs to be upgraded for my device. Pain in the arse.

Still, it beats Apple and their app store.
    Root and flash it then

I'd still be on Éclair if it wasn't for a bloke I only know as Feeyo making a Gingerbread port for my Hero.

Edit: At a guess, a phone released with Donut is going to have ARMv6 processor, so you probably won't be able to run flash anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm finally going to make the jump to Android when the Galaxy S II is released. I'm a bit sick and tired with the lack of features on my iPhone compared to friends' Droids.

ReputationRep:
    I took my phone to 3 store today. Thought I had bad network problems since July, but no it was the phone playing up.

So they are either going to fix it or send me a new one whayhay =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.