Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Ducklighter)
    I took my phone to 3 store today. Thought I had bad network problems since July, but no it was the phone playing up.

So they are either going to fix it or send me a new one whayhay =)
    kl what phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    kl what phone?
    HTC Hero. I found out the other day there's a 2 year warranty on it. It seems like I'm stuck with that phone for a while, and sell it as soon as it out of warranty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    HTC Hero. I found out the other day there's a 2 year warranty on it. It seems like I'm stuck with that phone for a while, and sell it as soon as it out of warranty.
    Why are you stuck with it? Unless youre meaning contract rather than warranty, then youre just being odd. Just because something has a warranty there id no reason to not sell it. In fact you would be better selling it while it has remaining warranty and while it is less old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Why are you stuck with it? Unless youre meaning contract rather than warranty, then youre just being odd. Just because something has a warranty there id no reason to not sell it. In fact you would be better selling it while it has remaining warranty and while it is less old
    Yeah no I know it's not on contract and I'm talking about warranty. I am weird. I don't want to give it away without warranty. I doubt I'd even sell it second hand, I think I'm going to recycle it in the end probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I think I'm finally going to make the jump to Android when the Galaxy S II is released. I'm a bit sick and tired with the lack of features on my iPhone compared to friends' Droids.
    Such as? (Just curious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Root and flash it then

I'd still be on Éclair if it wasn't for a bloke I only know as Feeyo making a Gingerbread port for my Hero.

Edit: At a guess, a phone released with Donut is going to have ARMv6 processor, so you probably won't be able to run flash anyway.
    Why not, hero is running ARMv6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Why not, hero is running ARMv6
    And it can't support Flash 10. It'll only run FlashLite.

ReputationRep:
    And it can't support Flash 10. It'll only run FlashLite.
    Oh flash :doh: . I get you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Oh flash :doh: . I get you now
    :rofl:

Smooth.

ReputationRep:
    Ok slightly frustrating but I've got so many duplicates of my contacts it's annoying now. I've synced FB, my main Gmail account and the ones on my SIM but there just seems to be millions of the same contact. Am I just going to have to change the settings to view all of them and delete the dupes? I've tried joining contacts to simplify it a bit but still doesn't work.

I think I'm finally going to make the jump to Android when the Galaxy S II is released. I'm a bit sick and tired with the lack of features on my iPhone compared to friends' Droids.
    Ha! Sorry I couldn't help myself You're like one of the biggest Apple advocates on TSR.

On a different note, something that made me laugh on XDA:

BTW: Trolls should use their own Trolololol kernels and have their super-imba-incredible-cuttingedge extra RAM.. Please stay away from SpeedMod. Thx kai bye.

ReputationRep:
    does any1 have a milestone 2 ? (motorola)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone owns HTC desire here???

I want to know that UK's HTC desire is made in which country????

ReputationRep:
    Root and flash it then

I'd still be on Éclair if it wasn't for a bloke I only know as Feeyo making a Gingerbread port for my Hero.

Edit: At a guess, a phone released with Donut is going to have ARMv6 processor, so you probably won't be able to run flash anyway.
    I think I know how to root but not too sure about flashing it. How would I be able to do that?

ReputationRep:
    Such as? (Just curious)
    Various things, mostly the restricted app store (although I love the abundance of apps), restricted customisation, lack of widgets, lack of flash and lack of mobile hotspot (it's apparently coming to the iPhone, but I'd have to pay extra to my network for data ).

(Original post by bigmo7)
    Ha! Sorry I couldn't help myself You're like one of the biggest Apple advocates on TSR..
    I'm still an Apple fan, albeit only because of Macs now :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Various things, mostly the restricted app store (although I love the abundance of apps), restricted customisation, lack of widgets, lack of flash and lack of mobile hotspot (it's apparently coming to the iPhone, but I'd have to pay extra to my network for data ).
    Yeah I have to admit I went back on my iPod after 3 or 4 months and the apps are awesome, although some apps on Android are awesome too but not as many. Widgets are awesome, FACT! :awesome:
    I think mobile hotspot is available in the US now iirc but they charge extra on the iPhone don't they?

I want a Mac, can't justify the price tag though Never used one before though. :K:

On a different note, anyone fancy making a list of apps and games that are 'must haves'? Put them in the OP or something? Thought?

ReputationRep:
    So guys, what's going on with Android? Update me, because I'm falling outside of the loop. Too busy working disgusting hours and being here there and everywhere.

Don't make me research. Do some bullet points for me (to research myself), but not on:
    - Honeycomb
    - Nexus S
    - Android Coding
    - Apple iPhone 5 rumours

Anything else would be much appreciated lol!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else have a problem with sending emails from your university email address? I have a desire and am able to receive emails but unable to send any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApexPredator)
    Does anyone else have a problem with sending emails from your university email address? I have a desire and am able to receive emails but unable to send any.
    I have that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Yeah I have to admit I went back on my iPod after 3 or 4 months and the apps are awesome, although some apps on Android are awesome too but not as many. Widgets are awesome, FACT! :awesome:
    I think mobile hotspot is available in the US now iirc but they charge extra on the iPhone don't they?

I want a Mac, can't justify the price tag though Never used one before though. :K:

On a different note, anyone fancy making a list of apps and games that are 'must haves'? Put them in the OP or something? Thought?
    Ha, yeah I can see myself buying an iPod Touch later in the year once I miss some of my games

Mobile hotspot is available on Verizon and apparently other networks are planning to implement it, but it'll be down to the networks whether or not you get it, and they get to charge what they want, which is annoying.

Same I have a Macbook atm, but it's packing in. I think I'm going to save up for an Air before I go to uni in September.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.